It's Just The Two of Us Today

@Hate2Iron (8029)
Darling daughter is at work, and hubby suggested that we go into the city today for lunch. Haven't done that in a long time and it will be really nice... just the two of us. Not sure what else he has planned for the day, but I need to pick up more cards for Mom. She loves getting cards in the mail and I'm hoping that they make each day a little bit nicer for her. My son said that he noticed that she has gone "down hill" since the last time he saw her. They were there visiting over the Easter Weekend and he wasn't sure that she even knew who they were. :( I will keep on sending her cards and telling her about our life on the prairies and even more important, I will tell her about what I have found this month on the family tree. It was mom who gave me the love of researching the family tree. It's funny... it's always one person in the family who gives it the the next in line. My sister has no interest in it at all... which I find so strange when I can spend hours working on one person and finding nothing! Now, to plan what I want for our lunch out!!
@Morleyhunt (21445)
I'm hoping to have a nice dinner out with my hubby before I head back to the east coast...but if not. He told me he will call me when he is getting close to our new house and the. I can meet him at a restaurant he really enjoys.
@Hate2Iron (8029)
OOH, that sounds exciting. We will be in the position later this summer, I'm hoping.
@Morleyhunt (21445)
@Hate2Iron it is exciting. Moving a1000 miles. The children are calling it our big adventure.
enjoy what ever you get there for lunch
@Hate2Iron (8029)
Thank you :) Not a whole lot of restaurants to choose from here in Manitoba but the company was good :)
@Hate2Iron that is good that your company is
I've noticed too that there seems to be maybe only one in each generation who is interested in genealogy.
@Hate2Iron (8029)
I wish that I had been interested when my grandparents were alive... There are so many stories that I would love to have heard from them!!
@Hate2Iron My Mum told me a lot of stuff, much of which I've documented but there is still a lot of questions I wish I'd asked.
Oh yes, keep sending those cards! Those cards definitely brighten her days. Enjoy that lunch!
@Hate2Iron (8029)
I have lots to tell here this week lol... darling daughter got stuck in the fields every day this week.
I confess that I have no interest at all in family tree, my niece seems more interested.
@Hate2Iron (8029)
Sadly, I wasn't interested until I got old ;)
@Hate2Iron I have seen my niece asking to my mom the names of our ancestors and writing the name on a piece of paper.
@Jessabuma (33167)
• Baguio, Philippines
Wow! That's really nice. Enjoy your time with your hubby
@Hate2Iron (8029)
It was nice. We don't do it often... which makes it even nicer when we do go out on our "dates"!
@Jessabuma (33167)
• Baguio, Philippines
@Hate2Iron hehe!!! I hope I can also try those later.
I'm sure you had a wonderful lunch with your husband.
@Hate2Iron (8029)
It was a very nice day out. Enjoyed every second of it!!
Make some unforgettable moment with your hubby. Enjoy
@Hate2Iron (8029)
We had a very nice leisurely day... looking forward to the next one!!
@SAM774 (4178)
Enjoy your time
@Hate2Iron (8029)
Thank you... I certainly did. Nice to get out of the house when the weather is horrid!!
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
Pick something yummy for your lunch put and have a good day.
@Hate2Iron (8029)
Oh, I did which costs me 2 Sugar days lol... but the French Toast was awesome!!