Don't trust the Groundhog

Don't trust the groundhog. Image:[Pixaby]
The groundhogs spoke and promised a late spring. But they did not all agree. Two of the Canadian groundhogs Sam and Fred predicted an early spring. Another one Wiarton Willie did not see an early spring as did Pennsylvania's Punxsutawney Phil. But they were all wrong since we never got an early spring or late spring – we have no spring yet., in my part of the world anyway. Six weeks more of spring was promised, now 8 weeks later I am still waiting patiently for spring. Winter has not left and the weather forecast says the cold will continue for awhile longer with more snow possible. How are you enjoying your spring if it came? How are you dealing with an extended winter if that is the case?
• Uzbekistan
Spring has come to Germany. Spring flowers are blooming. People are sitting outside cafès to drink their coffee. We don't know if it'll last but for the moment people are enjoying the nice weather.
Sounds delightful
• Uzbekistan
@Marilynda1225 I'm sure you know the answer. April showers bring May flowers. What do Mayflowers bring?
@MALUSE I am jealous. flowers? Well I would welcome the showers rather than a snow storm
@wolfgirl569 (10394)
• Marion, Ohio
But the groundhog does not truly lie no matter which way it is said. We will have 6 more weeks of winter or we have 6 more weeks until spring. Groundhog day is 6 weeks before the spring equinox. So officially spring was on time. But I agree lets shoot him and have a meal as it is still cold here too.
Good point but he does cause quit a stir and I need to blame someone, or thing so the groundhog gets it.
Spring is here, but it is too cold out there!!! I am a bit frustrated by the extended winter because I want to get out there and do the outside things that need to be done around here, but it is too cold.
@kobesbuddy (55744)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yes, I want to wash our outside windows, but they'd end up iced over, in two minutes.
@Corbin5 Spring is here in name only but outside it is still winter. It is sunny but not warm enough to melt the snow. Really want to get out and bring in some planters to start gardening but they are all frozen
@kobesbuddy Me too!!! So much to do out there, but we cannot.
• Pamplona, Spain
Spring is already here but its a bit crazy like the weather itself but I don´t mind as I don´t like long very very hot summer days that go on forever and ever. I prefer it like it is now warm but not overly so. Poor groundhogs maybe the weather affects them also to be fair.
@kobesbuddy (55744)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I hate the extremely hot weather, just like you!
• Pamplona, Spain
@kobesbuddy Yep, it can be exhausting living through it also until you get used to it and then back comes the freezing cold not that I mind.
@kobesbuddy (55744)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@lovinangelsinstead21 The heat kills me, I can't handle it!
@akalinus (21384)
We have no spring this year so far. Tell that groundhog I am coming after him. I will find him. I will put a sign saying, Liar, near his hole.
Good idea. Hopefully next time he will take heed and keep his predictions to himself
@akalinus (21384)
@Freelanzer Maybe he should not come out of his hole until Feb. 3. No one will be watching, then.
No spring to speak of here either my friend.
I see we are in the same boat. Hopefully a change is not far off.
@Freelanzer All we had was an odd sunny day here and, there.
@kobesbuddy (55744)
• East Tawas, Michigan
This always happened to us, in Michigan. The weather starts getting nice, then winter weather strikes again. Tomorrow, we're suppose to get another snow storm.
No. Not a snow storm. Well I guess we are not that bad here but you never can tell we just may have one before it is all over.
@kobesbuddy (55744)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Freelanzer Usually, we're snow free when May gets here.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
I'm so sorry to hear that,. I hope spring will come to your country soon.
Thanks, wishing and hoping and getting quite frustrated.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
@Freelanzer you're welcome.
I would definitely suffer from cabin fever if I had to endure such a long winter.
That is what I am experiencing and I have had enough
I've been hearing more and more about winter hanging on in the US. It is warm and sunny in Western Australia and has been for a week or two. And it seems destined to continue for a bit longer. I must be sure to tell @JolietJake as it really gets up his nose to know how nice it is here.
@Starmaiden (7641)
Spring is taking its sweet time here also. There is a bit of snow predicted in the long range forecast for my area of Canada, but no significant amounts. Right now it's sunny, but the high pressure brings no humidity and the wind has a chill. I'm wearing my winter jacket. :-(
Similar here. Nice bright sunshine which can be deceptive but step out side and it is freezing.
@Icydoll (24745)
Sorry about the weather there..hope spring arrives there soon.. It's pretty hot climate here in India
Thanks. Can't wait to get outside and enjoy some warm weather
Groundhogs are overrated. We had a freeze warning last night, way down here!
They sure are and way off the mark for sure.
Same here with no signs of spring. In fact, my heat came on this morning which proves that it's still cold and wintry here.
When the heat comes on that is a good sign it is still winter. When will it end?