What Topic is Famous During Reunions?

@acelawrites (12486)
My husband asked me to accompany him in a mini reunion with his classmates during their elementary school years. While chatting over dinner, I thought that one could tell if the group belongs to the senior years, or nearing it, depending on the famous topic. It is about health! Although most were just 60 or about to become 60 (senior citizen's status), they were so concerned about each other's health status and what healthy practices they are doing . If a group of younger people meet, probably they would be talking about jobs, business, wealth, relationships, fashion, etc. So everything boils down to one's health which is the most important thing in our lives. During your reunions, what's the most important topic during your meeting?
@epiffanie (10458)
I had a reunion with two of my highschool friends and we had a great time .. We talked about our high school days ..
@acelawrites (12486)
It could be full of fun! Also lessons learned from the past.
@epiffanie (10458)
@acelawrites It was indeed! .. and we also had some tears ..
We reminisced about the good old days and of course, our children.
@acelawrites (12486)
Such interesting topics.
@acelawrites Always interesting!
I think offspring would be the most explored topic at a reunion and at mine (the 20 year one) everyone else had so many stories to tell of theirs . . .
@acelawrites (12486)
It is a common topic for young parents; I agree.
@acelawrites oh even the older ones chime in and that would be focusing on grand children
@dwstory (1113)
I never went to any of my reunons they cost hundreds of dollars. Way to much money.
@acelawrites (12486)
I agree, it could be costly too!
@PatZAnthony (13118)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It seems health or wealth would be popular topics at any reunion these days!
@acelawrites (12486)
Sorry friend, I just scrolled down and saw your comment so long ago when I temporarily "left" myLot.
@cacay1 (33199)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hi friend? Nice to be here again despite not so often. During reunions there will be casual topics.They just come out when one starts to talk hehehe. If married usually about children, and if in the 60's maybe about their pensions received or the activities they like.
@acelawrites (12486)
Hi friend, nice to see you back! Yes, everything under the sun; any topic can go well with full of laughter as we reminisce memories during the good old days!
Probably the things they have been doing over the past few years, kids with the curiosity of their jobs and their own family.
@acelawrites (12486)
Yes, that's a common topic too!
@jobelbojel (8582)
Normally, families will talk about their province life. If friends, they talk about childhood days and school. And some would about achievements/
@acelawrites (12486)
That's the best thing about reunions, it seems we were gathring things that happened in the past and share it with friends.
@kepweng (19121)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
friends and Jobs
@acelawrites (12486)
Yes, just a common topic too!
I've never been to a class reunion, so I wouldn't know. I suppose the older you get the more your health deteriorates, so it's natural to talk about it.
@acelawrites (12486)
I agree, it's a common topic during older people's reunions.
@skysnap (18038)
I think life with family and other stuff seems to be popular.
@acelawrites (12486)
Yes, a very common topic for parents during reunions.
@hereandthere (32974)
same here. when my college classmates and i get together, we talk about our health and that of our parents, and who's taking care of them.
@acelawrites (12486)
A very happy topic at that, a summation of what had been done in life's course.
Among our friends, all around the 70 mark, health always comes up as a conversation topic. That and where to go to live out our last days.
@acelawrites (12486)
I agree with you, and it is the common topic for elder people who meet after so many years; each other suggesting healthy ways to enjoy life more.
I have not been to a reunion in a long time, but I can see those nearing 60 being interested in discussing health. Being 60 and over does come with some unexpected health issues for many.
@acelawrites (12486)
It is a common thing, for people who are 60 to have some health issues, that's why it is the common topic during reunions.