Is It Really Better To Give Than To Receive?

@mandala100 (43540)
Hong Kong
I just want to get your thoughts about that statement above if the said saying is still practical or relevant or true in the computer/cyber age. What I know is that in boxing it is better to give than to recieve. (I'm talking about blow or punch). Do you still believe or observe that saying above? Picture credit: penndelwomenofpurpose.org
@mlgen1037 (29654)
• Manila, Philippines
Yes because you get a sense of fulfilment when you give.
@mandala100 (43540)
@mlgen1037 That's true my friend.
@mlgen1037 (29654)
• Manila, Philippines
@mandala100 Thank you, Peter.
@mandala100 (43540)
@mlgen1037 Your always welcome my friend.
Yes I do because if I am giving that means that God has blessed me with more than enough.
@mandala100 (43540)
@andriaperry May God bless you my friend.
• Palembang, Indonesia
Sahabat. Memberi itu lebih baik dari pada menerima.kalau bicara soal pukulan, ada istilah di negeri saya, "Anda menjual, saya beli". Ini maknanya jika kita di pukul duluan, maka respon balasan.
@mandala100 (43540)
@Harisyah I hope you could write in English my friend or have your comment translated to English.
• Palembang, Indonesia
@mandala100 ups..sorry
@mandala100 (43540)
@Harisyah No worries and please read the myLot Community Guidelines that only English is allowed as ageneral rule my friend.
@chavezrmc (5494)
Yes, How can you give if you don't have something to give. It means that you are going to give because you have more than enough more blessings. For me, i may not be rich but i know that whatever i give or share will matter. No matter how small it is, i know i can be of help. I want to give because i know how it feels to have nothing. Sharing can be fulfilling too.
@mandala100 (43540)
@chavezrmc You have a good point there my friend.
@chavezrmc (5494)
@mandala100 Giving is sharing, and sharing is love. So let's spread love when we can.
@mandala100 (43540)
@chavezrmc That's a very good point my friend.
@id_peace (6960)
it is often better to give than to receive 1. You are able to give 2. The feeling of giving is better than receiving.
@mandala100 (43540)
@id_peace That's true my friend.
Well, it feels pretty good until you realize you have nothing left. But then no one's stopping you anyways.
@mandala100 (43540)
@Letranknight2015 That's very true my friend.
@Icydoll (19846)
Yeah giving is better than receiving without expecting back anything in return is very good..and we should feel blessed to do that
@mandala100 (43540)
@lcydoll That's true my friend.
In my case it is true, I feel embarrassed if I receive a gift, but I am very happy to give a gift to someone.
@mandala100 (43540)
@LadyDuck Yes my friend that's a bit true in reality.
@anikoonline (3166)
• Hungary
I think it is both good. I like recieving but I also like giving things .
@mandala100 (43540)
@anikoonline That's right my friend all things being equal.
@caopaopao (8621)
When I give I feel happy. It's not like the kind of happiness that when I receive. It's more than that.
@mandala100 (43540)
@caopaopao Yes there's a certain joy and happiness when you give to others my friend.
Lol my friend, but I like giving and, receiving, it's true though giving is very rewarding when you can bless someone.
@mandala100 (43540)
@TRBRocks420 That's absolutely correct my friend.
Yes, because we should be helping each other. It's better to give.
@mandala100 (43540)
@Susan2015 That's absolutely correct my friend.
@Starmaiden (5936)
In my opinion, they go hand in hand...no pun intended Giving fills you with a sense of peace and joy, knowing that you have helped someone in need. Receiving is "giving" the person who is offering you their gift, the opportunity to display their kindness and receive the rewards of doing so. So either way, it is giving.
@mandala100 (43540)
@Starmaiden That's a very good point my friend.
@kepweng (14767)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
maybe i gave if im a Billionaire
@mandala100 (43540)
@kepweng Why are you only a millionaire my friend?
@kepweng (14767)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
@mandala100 i want to Help but im POOR
@mandala100 (43540)
@kepweng I'm poor too my friend.
• Grand Rapids, Michigan
This question totally depends on the person point of view. Its really is an opinion and where you stand. For example if a person can hardly get by with his or her current wage than its not good to give because they can hardly take care of themselve but if a person can get by than giving is something they should do. This applies to material/money but there are other ways poor people can give like time. Even though they dont have money they can still give their time to someone else by helping other do something.
@mandala100 (43540)
Thank you for your thoughts my friend.
@db20747 (8154)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
It should make us happy to give!! How nice the world is when we give and not just receive!!!
I believe in it and I do my best to practice it but sometimes, i have my doubts. Why must it be always me to give help and aid? Who can I count on when I need help myself?
I love to give to others. It gives me joy
@tso1960 (238)
Yes I do but I also believe that you should give and not let the receiver know who gave. That way they don't feel a need to give you something back I often send out cards to random people that say thinking of you or have a nice day. I find them through nursing homes or from church. People that may not be able to get out and about that much anymore.