What would be your reaction if you found out that your ex will be a priest?

By Bhem
@JustBhem (31733)
Davao, Philippines
I was shocked when I found out about the ex. I know it was his first love when we are in college, it just so happen he falls in love with that simple girl who happens to be me. We've been together for 8 long years. Sad to say, there is no forever in some way. When we broke up, we went into our separate lives and tried to stand on our own, since we are always depending on each other. He was in the army. Then, earlier this month. I saw his photos and he just graduated from the seminary and later will have his blessing and become a priest. I'm happy for him because he fulfills his dream to become a servant of God. And at the same time, sad because I feel that he is fulfilling his promise to me when we are in college that if in case we are not destined to be together, he will accept the call of God and follow his path. By the way, he made me a poem with my full name on it.
That is great for him to choose what he really loves. I'd be shocked if my ex-boyfriend became a priest, because he's Jewish. Lol!
@JustBhem (31733)
• Davao, Philippines
Yay, is it natural for Jewish to be a priest? Sorry, I needed to ask as I know nothing about it. I'm just curious though.
@JustBhem Not at all. A rabbi is more like it.
@JustBhem (31733)
• Davao, Philippines
@DianneN So a rabbi is a priest?
@mlgen1037 (16603)
• Manila, Philippines
Wow! He is sweet but congratulations to him. I would feel happy for him too because he will be serving the Lord. My husband was supposed to be a priest. He studied in a seminary for four years.
@JustBhem (31733)
• Davao, Philippines
Oh, really. Wow. I would love to hear your story. My ex too was in the army and after serving for many years in the army. He studied in the seminary and graduated earlier last month. I don't know the process I really and based on what I read. He will be a priest soon after he will be blessed.
@mlgen1037 (16603)
• Manila, Philippines
@JustBhem my husband had his high school at the Don Bosco seminary in Cebu. He said That he was thinking of becoming a priest but then fate has its own way. Hehe
@JustBhem (31733)
• Davao, Philippines
@mlgen1037 That only means that his calling is to be your husband. I know some people that after their graduation in the seminary, they will give them a chance to live outside the seminary school. And fortunately will fall in love with the opposite.
@ridingbet (47294)
that is great. somebody will pray for your speedy recovery.
@JustBhem (31733)
• Davao, Philippines
He always includes me in his prayer, that is what he said.
@ridingbet (47294)
@JustBhem he has the unconditional love to his friend, you
@JustBhem (31733)
• Davao, Philippines
@ridingbet Yes, it would be better, we are friends.
I would have no reactions at all, everyone is free to change their mind in life. He discovered later that he prefers to be a Priest than to start a family.
@JustBhem (31733)
• Davao, Philippines
Yes, as I know it was his first love.
@JustBhem I hope he is happy now.
He found his calling but It's not going to be an easy one. I remember my dad who kept wanting me to be priest but I refused. I hope he's happy with his life.
@JustBhem (31733)
• Davao, Philippines
I wish he will be happy too.
@epiffanie (9913)
I wonder whether he was so heartbroken by your break up that he decided to enter priesthood instead .. But I know a couple whose husband used to be a priest.. Then he left the priesthood to marry because he wanted to have children ..
@JustBhem (31733)
• Davao, Philippines
I am still thinking about it though. I don't know since he tried to contact me but I was with someone at those time.
@KrauseHome (34994)
You should be Happy for him. If this has always been what he wants, then it was meant to be. I would be there for a Friend if you can, and in time someone will come into your life that will be your destiny.
@JustBhem (31733)
• Davao, Philippines
I agree with you and I believe it.
That would be a surprise. I hope he will be happy. It isn't easy being a priest.
@JustBhem (31733)
• Davao, Philippines
Yes, I think it's his calling.
That is incredible.
@JustBhem (31733)
• Davao, Philippines
I think so.
@sabtraversa (12567)
You seem lucky in love, your boyfriend is a very sweet guy and so was your ex. He kept his promise, that was very honorable. He'll be likely to become a great priest. No ex truly shocked me, and nobody ever wished to become a priest. I would be happy for them if they fulfilled their wish, and I wouldn't mind a poem.
@JustBhem (31733)
• Davao, Philippines
I think that's one of the things I am lucky. Because I get to spend long years with them. The boyfriend I have now, we are in our 8 years too. One of the things I am thankful in spite of my troubles. I think you are right that he will be a great priest because he is a kind and very generous guy. And yes, he did write me a poem with my name on it.
I don't understand why you should be shocked. As he is now your ex, you shouldn't be too concerned - is what I think.
@JustBhem (31733)
• Davao, Philippines
I think it's normal for me to feel that way, since I never heard anything from him after we broke up, right?