It Sounds Outrageous, but Who Knows

@franxav (5828)
A recent report claims that the British Queen Elizabeth is a direct descendant of Prophet Mohammad, the founder of Islam. An article that appeared in the Moroccan newspaper Al-Ousboue states that the queen is a 43rd direct descendant of the Prophet via his daughter Fatima through the Arab kings of Seville, who once ruled Spain. No, I haven't made any research. I found the news report in the English daily I read. Do you think it can be true?
@owlwings (39878)
• Cambridge, England
It appears to be very likely true. Charlene Wong's article in the Observer gives a good outline of the history of the lineage.
Queen Elizabeth, as claimed by some historians, is a descendant of a Muslim King whom himself is a direct descendant of Prophet Muhammad. While this may be a little too overwhelming to digest for the layman but to genealogists, this is common sense.
@Berrygal (5527)
I think it a fallacy
@owlwings (39878)
• Cambridge, England
WHY do you think it's a fallacy? Read the article I linked to in my response!
@Jessabuma (33167)
• Baguio, Philippines
Well, I am not sure about this matter dear friend..
@vandana7 (68559)
He has the genetic profile of the prophet? What about his daughter Fatima? If descendants of Prophet are disillusioned about his teachings, and have turned to another religion then it is likely that there is some unreliable stuff in the religion. I wish such false claims were not made. They show the religion in bad light.
@owlwings (39878)
• Cambridge, England
It appears to be true. No less a person than the Chief Editor of Burke's Peerage has traced the lineage. See the link I have attached to my response.
@vandana7 (68559)
@owlwings That sure is shocking...
@owlwings (39878)
• Cambridge, England
@vandana7 Why do you find it shocking? Worth the raising of an eyebrow, perhaps, but not unremarkable. It's quite possible (indeed very likely) that our Queen is also descended from Ghengis Khan and Alexander the Great and many other famous and notorious figures. Royal family lines tend to be connected if you can go back far enough and they also tend to be recorded (though not always reliably), so one can often trace them back much further than those of 'ordinary' people.
@KrauseHome (35514)
Personally this is probably someone wanting to make up something in wish hoping for a little more notoriety and fame.
@sprite1950 (14496)
• Corsham, England
There are some very odd theories put around about the royals. I even read once that the Queen was a shape shifter . Although it is possible that she is a direct descendent of Prophe Mohammad you can't really believe everything you read.
CONSPIRACY theory king David Icke has spoken at length about why he believes the Queen of England is actually a shape-shifting reptilian lizard from outer space.
Who'd have thought it? That is very interesting.
Every one is trying to re write history and here is one more effort. Let truth prevail whatever that is.
Well, I believe it is possible.
Because of the abundance of fake news around I hardly believe most of the news I see online.