Coupon days

Hungary
One magazine has coupon days twice a year. This weekend there will be the spring coupon days. Unfortunatelly, they don't offer coupons for food or groceries, but we can buy clothes and jewellries with mostly 20% discounts. I am not planning to buy any clothes as I have enough. But there will be coupons for make-up products. As I use make-up everyday, I will use these coupons. Some of them offers 50% discount.
Our supermarket offered a 50% on cosmetics two weeks ago.
• Hungary
50% discounts are very rare here. It is good that the supermarket offers such a good deal there.
@anikoonline They do a couple of times a year. I always buy at discount.
• Hungary
@LadyDuck Yes, we can make very good deal when the stores have a discount. I was at the store today and I used my coupons, so I paid half of the original price. I like this feeling, because now I have make-ups, shampoo, hair balsam, etc. for the next months.
That is good you will have some savings for the items you love. I love savings as well.
• Hungary
Yes, savings are always good. I try to spend a small amount on make-ups if it is possible.
@anikoonline I don't want to spend any money on make up.
• Hungary
@sharon6345 When I am at home, I don't use make-up. But it is the part of my routine in the morning when I go to work.
@sprite1950 (13971)
• Corsham, England
If I use coupons it is usually on food but I love to see reductions on clothes or makeup.
• Hungary
We don't have coupons on food, which is bad. I am sure that I would use many coupons on groceries if we had coupons on them.
@sprite1950 (13971)
• Corsham, England
@anikoonline Not in any food shops at all? Virtually every shop here gives out coupons at some time or other.
• Hungary
@sprite1950 There's almost no coupons. Sometimes we have coupons that give back 5$ if we pay more than 80$. I think it is not a good deal and we have this kind of coupon only 2-3 times a year. We have no coupons on one special food or brand.
@FayeHazel (17981)
Those are some great deals. New make up is fuN!
• Hungary
I've already used my new make-ups yesterday and I was so happy.
@FayeHazel (17981)
@anikoonline Nice! I hope you like your new products
• Hungary
@FayeHazel Yes, they are pretty good. I use L'Oreal make-ups and I think it is a good brand.
@dgobucks226 (12109)
Our supermarket has something called digital coupons now. You can load the discount coupons to your store card and it deducts the saving at checkout. We also have coupons in our daily paper and stores send us coupon fliers in the mail.
• Hungary
Thanks for the information. I think there are only a few coupons is my country. For example supermarkets almost never have coupons. As you've written there are more coupons there, too.
@dgobucks226 (12109)
@anikoonline In the United States, coupons are huge! All of the main stores offer them in some way.
• Hungary
@dgobucks226 Yes, sometimes I watch extreme couponing on TLC tv channel and I wonder how many coupons you have in the USA. I wish we had so many coupons, too.
@porwest (4846)
Sounds like you will use your coupons in a practical way. As for clothes, I buy nearly all of my clothes at thrift stores so those coupons would be virtually worthless to me. Coupons for groceries are probably the only thing that would be of value to me, but like you said—there aren't any.
• Hungary
Thrift stores sell clothes at the same price as fast fashion stores here. It is weird, but sometimes I can buy clothes cheaper in a fast fashion store than in a thrift store.
@porwest (4846)
@anikoonline That's insane!
• Hungary
@porwest Yes, it is insane. I bought a jumper on a fast fashion store yesterday, which costed 8$. While I was standing in the queue, I thought that a jumper would be more expensive in a thrift shop. And when I met to a friend in the afternoon, I showed her it and her first sentence was that I couldn't buy it cheaper in a thrift.
@Freelanzer (8913)
We don't get a lot of coupons in our papers these days seems you have to look online for most of them. Wish they had.
• Hungary
We have some online coupons, too, they are mostly for bags and clothes. I follow some brands on facebook and I see that they post their coupons.
@anikoonline It's nice when you find coupons for something you really want
I'm glad there's something you can use a coupon for. They wouldn't do me any good as I don't use make-up, and rarely wear jewelry, and have enough. I also have plenty of clothes. Too bad they don't have coupons for food and groceries.
• Hungary
I miss coupons for food and groceries, too. It would be the best for me (and I think for many people) as everyone buys groceries.
@anikoonline Yes, it would.
@Berrygal (4385)
Having coupons is great because you can buy stuff for less.
• Hungary
Yes, and 50% discount sounds really good.
@Berrygal (4385)
@anikoonline definitely dear
@kepweng (14633)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
do u love Discounts?
• Hungary
Sure!
I wonder why they don't offer coupons for groceries.
• Hungary
It would be a great chance to save some money on the everyday costs.
@id_peace (6928)
I misses the times where we have coupons on newspaper
• Hungary
Now you don't have anymore?
That sounds like a worthwhile discount!
• Hungary
Yes, I think it is a very good one!
Hope you get to purchase the things that you need.
• Hungary
I am planning to go to the store this afternoon, I hope so. Thanks!
So good to hear you have those coupons! I wear makeup every day too.
• Hungary
These coupons are very good for people that use make-up very often. It is morning here and today is the first day of the coupon days, I'm going to buy my make-ups this afternoon.
@ridingbet (52704)
that is great. i hope the make-up items are not surpluses
• Hungary
I don't think so. We have our coupons for the make-up brand, like I had a coupon that offered 50% discount for every L'Oreal make-up. And the coupon can be used in many stores. I think they are not surpluses.
@ridingbet (52704)
@anikoonline L'oreal is good.