Stamp Prices

@LeaPea2417 (22073)
Toccoa, Georgia
Lately, I have been ordering my Forever Stamps through the mail. The local post office delivers the order. It is nice to not have to drive to the post office. Always I buy a book of stamps.The book has 20 stamps and it has been $9.80 . The other day, I happened to be in town and near the post office, so I went in to buy the stamps. I was surprised. It said I owed exactly 10 dollars. That means each stamp went up 1 cent. Usually, when the stamp prices go up, it is on the news, I hear it on the TV and I read about the price increase online. But this time, I have not heard anything about a price increase.
Yes, the price of postage went back up earlier this year. Nice to pay a penny more a stamp for the glorious inefficiency that is the USPS.
@LeaPea2417 (22073)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I keep up with the news. I don't know why the price increase slipped me by.
Pensioners here are entitled to a number of free stamps per year.
@LeaPea2417 (22073)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is interesting.
This is great Judy, pensioners here are only entitled to half price bus and train tickets.
@LadyDuck I must do a post on pensioners' perks/benefits in Australia. We get free driver's licences too.
@porwest (7430)
The genius of the forever stamp to me is really that anymore I have no idea what a stamp even costs. lol
@LeaPea2417 (22073)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That's true
@porwest (7430)
@LeaPea2417 I swear I am completely oblivious. lol.
We don't buy stamps, until October/November as we only use them for Christmas Cards. Thankfully. As they are way too much in price.
@LeaPea2417 (22073)
• Toccoa, Georgia
So, do you pay bills online or go to the business (like the water company) to pay your bills? I thought about paying the water bill online because the water company was pushing it, but the water company charged an extra 2 dollars to pay it online.I thought, it is cheaper to mail it.
@LeaPea2417 Well, we don't have a water bill. Only cable/internet, electric, and car insurance. And my mom used to pay them all in person, then all on the phone, and now all online.
@kepweng (18629)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
hope it will become FREE
@LeaPea2417 (22073)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That would be wonderful if that ever happened.
The stamps price has not raised here this year, it is still the same as last year.
@LeaPea2417 (22073)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is good.
@morgoodie (2710)
I hardly ever buy stamps anymore. The cost of them is ridiculous and the mail people can't even deliver mail to the correct house. I am forever getting mail for someone on another street. Once I received mail for someone across town. The only reason I heard about the price of stamps going up is because the store I work at sells them and there was a periodic announce for people to buy their forever stamps before the increase.
@LeaPea2417 (22073)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I sometimes get my next door neighbors mail and have to give it to them. Once, I got a newspaper addressed to a road about a mile away. I just put it back in the mail box and lifted the flag, so the mail man would pick it up to deliver it right.
Do you get forever stamps
@LeaPea2417 (22073)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, do you?
@peavey (16866)
I didn't hear about it, either! I don't know why. A half dollar for each stamp sounds awful.
@LeaPea2417 (22073)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I agree.
@akalinus (21350)
Prices always go up. They never come down.
@LeaPea2417 (22073)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That's true.
I didn't realize the cost of stamps had gone but but I did see someone on Facebook asked what the price was for stamps and I didn't know so I didn't reply.