April 10, 2018 7:01pm CST
A very good and sunny Wednesday to all, my friends. How is everyone? We are leaving at 8:30 for the second rehabilitation treatment of my sister, and I am here sipping my coffee and munching my cheese sandwich. Ouch! It hurts. While I was playing candy crush on my phone, I felt a tiny sting at my left posterior forearm. I immediately passed my right hand on that area and I picked a small thing. A small red ant. The ever - notorious ant. Good thing the bite was not fully successful. Because of how I took the ant, I think I crushed it. Have you ever been bitten by a tiny ant that caused swelling and so much pain? What is your first aid for ant bites?
10 people like this
I never encountered red ants, they must be very uncommon here. I once accidentally put a normal black harmless ant into my mouth, my tongue was burning a little and I immediately spitted it out, as they release formic acid. Then I usually get stung/bitten by mosquitoes, in summer. I hate summer.
5 people like this
@ridingbet It's just their acid as defense mechanism, they do the same when they get trapped in a spiderweb. The spider won't be blessed. It isn't a strong acid, just the simplest carboxylic acid, slightly stronger than the acetic acid. We also had black ants in our previous apartment, second floor in the city. They can be gross but they don't cause much harm, at least.
Oh that is also my problem now. They are every where near my kitchen counter. I cannot seem to find a place to find food. They are so little and yet notorious even for a minute I place something on the counter top they will be there soon.