SMALLbite!

@ridingbet (60771)
A very good and sunny Wednesday to all, my friends. How is everyone? We are leaving at 8:30 for the second rehabilitation treatment of my sister, and I am here sipping my coffee and munching my cheese sandwich. Ouch! It hurts. While I was playing candy crush on my phone, I felt a tiny sting at my left posterior forearm. I immediately passed my right hand on that area and I picked a small thing. A small red ant. The ever - notorious ant. Good thing the bite was not fully successful. Because of how I took the ant, I think I crushed it. Have you ever been bitten by a tiny ant that caused swelling and so much pain? What is your first aid for ant bites?
@sabtraversa (13331)
I never encountered red ants, they must be very uncommon here. I once accidentally put a normal black harmless ant into my mouth, my tongue was burning a little and I immediately spitted it out, as they release formic acid. Then I usually get stung/bitten by mosquitoes, in summer. I hate summer.
@ridingbet (60771)
really? the black ant has the danger of producing shock?black ants that move so fast are also present in our garden. they don't bite but when they are so many, i get goose fleshed.
@sabtraversa (13331)
@ridingbet It's just their acid as defense mechanism, they do the same when they get trapped in a spiderweb. The spider won't be blessed. It isn't a strong acid, just the simplest carboxylic acid, slightly stronger than the acetic acid. We also had black ants in our previous apartment, second floor in the city. They can be gross but they don't cause much harm, at least.
@ridingbet (60771)
@sabtraversa wow, this is new knowledge for me. thank you for sharing me about that acid of the black ant.
Oh darn those red ants!!! We do not have red ants here, but we have flies that bite, usually if we are in wooded areas in summer. Those fly bites hurt. I think they call them horseflies.
@ridingbet (60771)
really? the flies here, or houseflies, do not bite but when they are big, they can make a buzzing sound.
@ridingbet The horse-fly is bigger than the house-fly here. The horse-fly bites do hurt.
@ridingbet (60771)
@Corbin5 oh my golly. that is a big fly.
@mandala100 (52634)
@ridingbet Yes my friend and so many times before epsecially the red ants.
@ridingbet (60771)
there are bigger red ants and i think their bite is more painful that the small ones.
@mandala100 (52634)
@ridingbet That's right my friend.
I've often bitten by ants over here, but most of the time I've gotten used to it. The smaller ones were the meanest biters.
@ridingbet (60771)
indeed. the smallest ants bite so strong and even if they are crushed, they bite as if it is the last day of their lives. they want to leave their mark on us, their victims.
@rakski (23526)
Oh that is also my problem now. They are every where near my kitchen counter. I cannot seem to find a place to find food. They are so little and yet notorious even for a minute I place something on the counter top they will be there soon.
@ridingbet (60771)
that is so true. at night when i finish fixing our range, i put water in 2 aluminum plates, pot stands, and place our rice cooker pot and the ordinary rice pot (kaldero) because ants can enter in to the tightly-sealed pots.
When I was a young kid, I was bitten by a red ant. As far as I could remember that my mom put a cream on the lateral part of my left ankle.
@ridingbet (60771)
kabsat, when we were small, our mothers would put Vicks vaporub. i sometimes do that. if Vicks is not available, toger balm can be a substitute, so is a Chinese liniment Betet.
@ridingbet Your mother is like my mom. She usually uses Vicks when my little niece having some bruises when playing around.
@ridingbet (60771)
@Shavkat i believe that is a common practice of the people before.
@rheicel (7296)
Yes, I've been bitten by the ant many times. I just put a cream on it.
@ridingbet (60771)
so, there are no rashes with the bite?
@rheicel (7296)
@ridingbet Nope, no rashes. I get only skin rashes when I eat too much chicken and seafood.
@ridingbet (60771)
@rheicel that is food allergy.
I had black ants in the kitchen this morning. One of them was able to climb inside my sleeve and bite my arm, it's not a big deal, I killed it.
@ridingbet (60771)
yes, i think killing the ant that bites us is the best remedy. although we should 'save mother nature', i guess there are some things that need to be exterminated.
@ridingbet I try to exterminate ants in the garden, if there are too many then they come inside.
@ridingbet (60771)
@LadyDuck my big brother brought home 2 big containers of ant killers in powder form, and another one for cockroaches. we have to spread the powder at night so the dogs won't lick or smell the powder.
I've been bitten by little ants, horseflies, gnats, mosquitoes, wasps, and bees and every bite hurts!!!
@ridingbet (60771)
don't you get swelling and rashes after the bite?
@ridingbet Yes, and some itch like crazy!
@ridingbet (60771)
@DianneN may i ask what ointment or tablets do you take if you have severe allergies? for me, i just apply a Chinese liniment, so there will be no scar from the scratches.
Glad that the biting was not fully successful. I was bitten by something, years ago, do not know exactly what it was. But it did swell and was painful and ended up having a shot for it.
@ridingbet (60771)
maybe you were stung by a bee? i once was bitten by a bee in my eye, and my eye swelled. i had to put some ice packs to control the swelling.
@Starmaiden (7636)
I used to get bit by red ants when I was a kid. I know that some people use mud to stop the pain of a bee sting, but for an ant bite I just use my own saliva to treat the pain or itch.
@ridingbet (60771)
i did that too when i was still a child. i believed in what my parents told me that our saliva has natural antibiotics.
@shshiju (10557)
• Cochin, India
Red ants are not notorious here. But the black big one is really notorious.
@ridingbet (60771)
the red ants here bite and sting. the black ants are harmless, i believe