Are Desktops Better Than Laptops?

Baguio, Philippines
Everyone knows that desktops are better than laptops, but due to the fast progression of technology PC hardware can now get smaller to fit in a laptop, and so the gaming laptop was born. So, are desktops still better than laptops? lets talk about the pros and cons of desktops and laptops. Desktops. Pros: -Customizable -More Space For Upgrades -More Flexible To Customization Cons: -Takes up a lot of space -Not mobile -Eats up a lot of electricity Gaming Laptops Pros: -Very Mobile -Does not eat up much electricity -Does not take up too much space Cons: -Not customizable -Cannot fit in big hardware -Not very versatile Conclusions: Desktops are very customizable and versatile but is not cheap and is not very mobile. Gaming Laptops are portable and does not eat up to much space and electricity but is not open to customization. So, If your a desktop gamer, are you going to stick to it or turn to gaming laptops? are you a laptop gamer, are you going to stick to it or move to playing on desktop? How do you think will it affect your lifestyle if you switched to the other device?
Right now I'm using a laptop, I can say that if it's a new one it's far more convenient.
@SAM774 (3213)
i think the technical wise desktop is better but then a laptop is handier.... i think its all about the configuration
I honestly prefer my laptop =) I use my laptop more than my desktop.
@Plethos (9615)
its been a long time since ive owned a desk top. but if i knew how to customize, id be all over having a desk top.
I have a laptop at the moment, although I like it I would rather a desktop. A lot of the cons you mentioned with desktops are actually non-existent if you build your own. If you have a wall mounted or open-air design it basically cuts down on the space. Also by using a mini ITX case you can save space AND make it somewhat portable. Also building an all in one desktop (which is basically a laptop without an integrated keyboard and trackpad) it can be ultra portable. But you can't really get around the overheating issues with laptops, gaming laptops even more so because they do have graphics cards.
• Baguio, Philippines
Wow... your response is even more educational than the actual discussion lol.
@jhin4thewin1234 I try to be informative when I can be.
For a heavy gamer desktop is good. That's why PlayStations don't like to buy laptops for their shop. If for my personal use I would stick to desktop. I feel comfortable with it. I won't switch to laptops for game.
@Jessabuma (13320)
• Baguio, Philippines
I like laptop more than desktop.. because it doesn't take up too much space and I can take it wherever I go..
@ivanituut (1949)
i like laptop even more because i can take it everywhere i go
@bela360 (1302)
• Saint Lucia
To me I feel a desktop is better there is more space to play my favorite mmo game world of warcraft but the the laptop is portable but I will go for a desktop any day.
@mayka123 (10287)
I use a desktop at work and a laptop at home. Am comfortable with both. And I dont use either for games.
@id_peace (4448)
I will prefer to go on laptop as i can take it anywhere i go.
yeah!! but a laptop is cool and mobile in nature!! you can take it anywhere!
@rheicel (7316)
I used to have desktops before I'm now enjoying my laptop.
I much prefer to work on a desktop, period.
@mohit459 (11443)
• Haldwani, India
Both have their advantages..
I have both so that solves the dilemma but I prefer the easier to use larger screen desktop.
@iridion9 (6238)
You answered your own questions. There are mini pc (desktop) that is portable. Big desktop are becoming a thing of the past.
@dya80dya (1619)
Yes. Desktops are better. They can be upgraded, replaced easily.
If you are working online, it would be better to use a desktop.