Yikes and yucks: it's the green bean invading theeng!!!

Bournemouth, England
I think I need to wash the dishes more often... This isn't some alien creature, it's what happens when you cook a can of French beans and then leave the leftovers in the saucepan for a few days. I blame it on ereaders. When I had my Nook, I would listen to radio shows and podcasts while regularly washing up and it made the chore bearable. But then the Nook finally died after four years of prolific service and I replaced it with a Fire. It's brilliant but it doesn't have anything like the same volume without headphones and I can't wear those around the kitchen with it so I put off doing the dishes. And then this happened. It's like something out of H G Wells. I did manage to get all of this out of the pan and it went into the compost where it could at least do some good. POSTSCRIPT: just after this happened, two of the three local shops that sold tinned green bins suddenly ceased stocking them. Is this why? Has putting off a chore led to disastrous consequences for you? What job do you especially put off? And can you see an image within the mould? (If so, then maybe I should have kept it and opened the kitchen as a tourist attraction).
Yeah dishes need to be cleaned proper to maintain proper hygiene
• Bournemouth, England
That pan took a lot of cleaning before I dared to use it for food again!
Yes, I do believe that your leaving that pan to sit for far too long is the reason there are no more tinned green beans on the shelves. With me, it is dust on surfaces that are way up high and cannot be reached without my climbing on a chair. I have learned my lesson due to being shocked at the height of the dust layer on top of the high shelf that sits atop my husband's desk. There is no dust on that stuff that is way up high in my house now.
• Bournemouth, England
I wonder what it would be like if all the picture rail dust in the world was collected in one place.
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
@asfarasiknow It would look like my fridge.
@asfarasiknow That one place would suffocate all living things and just dust there would be. We could shoot it into space and let it float up there.
@pgntwo (21551)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Looks like "Spawn of Blob"! Another couple of weeks, it'd've been knocking on the inside of the saucepan lid and demanding rights under ECHR Article 2 (right to life) or similar...
• Bournemouth, England
The saucepan was under a plate and the heat helped to bring it along. It was quite a shock when I uncovered it. Sideways on it's a bit like a cross between a koala and some sort of bird so maybe it did deserve to live.Too late.
@pgntwo (21551)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@asfarasiknow Strange too that tins of the product have been removed from the shelves of certain former stockists... Perhaps the creatures' intentions have been met, said store staff are now no longer human but a somewhat bold mold in humanoid form... I really need to stop watching the odd Doctor Who episode...
• Bournemouth, England
@pgntwo I think it may be spreading to other local shops. I was served by someone today who definitely seemed to be from another planet.
@1hopefulman (26024)
I know that I have had some similar happenings when I have forgotten some leftovers in the fridge and forgot about it. I am one that hates a sink with anything in it and so I have at least one good habit which is doing the dishes after every meal or for sure before I get into bet.
• Bournemouth, England
I wish I could say the same. It feels great to have every plate, knife, fork, mug, etc, clean to choose from but I let it build up every time.
@1hopefulman (26024)
@asfarasiknow If you can get into the habit of cleaning after every meal, it's a lot better. Some people let the dirty dishes pile up and then it is a major chore.
This looks scary, I hope it can be good for the compost. You reminded me the movie "The Blob".
• Bournemouth, England
Who knows how it would have developed if I had left it even longer...
@asfarasiknow May be you discovered something useful... I would have not dared trying.
@morgoodie (902)
Dishes are what I put off doing. I have had mold grow in a saucepan of tomato sauce after a day or two. You were growing the next dose of penicillin. LOL.
• Bournemouth, England
It's good to see myself as a scientist rather than just a slob!
@asfarasiknow We always have to flip the coin to get the positive side of things, even the bad things about ourselves!
@Starmaiden (3789)
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
The one job I absolutely hate to do and will put it off for years is cleaning the refrigerator. You think your pan looks bad! I had to clean my fridge when I moved out of my old apartment and potato salad that was in there for 3 years had turned completely to mouldy dust, among many other things in there. What a disgusting chore! I will never let my fridge get that bad again!
• Bournemouth, England
Three years - that makes me feel so much better!
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
@sprite1950 (11290)
• Corsham, England
I'm constantly turning out mouldy stuff from my fridge. It's my granddaughter's fault. She will beg me to buy something, eat it once and then the rest drifts to the back until I decide to turn it out. I have heard that mould on bread though is not bad for you and has medicinal benefits. Probably just an old wives tale though.
• Bournemouth, England
I wouldn't care to risk it! I prefer to put mouldy stuff into the compost as it's already rotting and speeds up the process.
@PatZAnthony (12344)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
There isn't anything that comes to mind at the moment, but we know putting anything off until tomorrow just equals twice as much work for tomorrow!
• Bournemouth, England
And sometimes rather smelly and unsightly extra work!
• Preston, England
I always think green beans look like the unshaped pod people from Invasion Of The Body Snatchers
• Bournemouth, England
I grow them every summer. I shall look at them in a totally different way now.
Eugh ... that's all I can say.
• Bournemouth, England
I think that's a universal and healthy reaction.
You should have shown a clearer photo to impress us! :-)
• Bournemouth, England
It was the best I could get of it at the time and my first attempt at uploading any photo here.