What do you think of Artificial Intelligence?

Robot
Artificial Intelligence (or AI) is revolutionizing the world nowadays, thanks to its many benefits and uses. AI is used almost everywhere, in computing, accounting, finance, medicine, education, etc. And you must have already interacted with it without you knowing maybe; for example, Google Search and YouTube use Machine Learning to come up with suggestions & recommendations based your previous searches and interactions. Many people think that AI can be hazardous and might put the human lives in danger, but it's still very early to think of that as AI is still in its dawn of development, and research is being done every day. I really like this field and I hope I could pursue a career in one of its many subfields. And you what do you think of it? :) Image credit: Toptal
The rise of AI means mankind becoming mindless zombies.
Unfortunately, it can lead people to become lazy-minded. But its advantages and benefits are really huge. ;)
@mlgen1037 (23923)
• Manila, Philippines
There is nothing wrong as long as it doesnt take our roles as humans.
Yeah! AI should only be just to ease our lives, and not replace people's professions :)
@mlgen1037 (23923)
• Manila, Philippines
@EricMcCole Yup. I am afraid that we would be taken over by robots.
@deba12 (1208)
I don't think AI can be dangerous.But, I definitely feel that it is eating a lot of job opportunities.
Sadly it had done so! :( AI & Automation killed many job roles.
@ivanituut (1938)
quite disturbing on what can do in future
It is still very early to think of its dangerous sides. It's more like to think of it causing failures as it's still being developed. ;)
@ivanituut (1938)
@EricMcCole yes exactly, but for now we need to support for their success
@ivanituut Yeah. Research is being conducted to develop it. ;)
I am not sure but I think it has advantages and disadvantages. It was like Robot Sophia.
‘What a strange thing to experience and talk with the humanoid robot?’ I was surfing the internet before and stumbled upon the humanoid robot named ‘Sophia.’...
Yes it does! Uh, Sofia. It's really interesting, but it's still basic in terms of what it is capable of doing. ;)
@EricMcCole I do agree with you. She lacks mobility much of her upper limbs and lack of lower limbs. But I am quite fascinated how she answer random questions.
@Shavkat Yes! That's fascinating!
@Jessabuma (19994)
• Baguio, Philippines
Artificial intelligence has advantages and disadvantages as well..
Yes, you're right! But the advantages are a lot, especially in important and critical missions, in health-care and medicine, etc. :)
@Jessabuma (19994)
• Baguio, Philippines
@EricMcCole yes very well said dear friend
@Jessabuma Also, I think there should be ethical norms to be abided by when developing AI systems. ;)
It's so very good for mankind and already showing very good results. I'm sure I'll help more
Indeed. It's come up with numerous benefits to humans. ;)
@iridion9 (6912)
The more it advances the more people will lost their jobs. That is one of the cons. It has CONS and PROS.
Yes, sure! Even though it is really beneficial and facilitates human lives, it destroys many occupations. :(
It can make a great career choice. I would love to own a robot.
Yes, it's my dream to pursue a career in one of the many sub-fields of AI. Robotics/Intelligent Robots are one of those subfields. :)