Are you a people pleaser?

By Vin
I read this article and I can certainly say that my father is a people pleaser. It has a lot of good things but certainly has also bad. People pleasers are the kindest people. They work with everyone, make few demands, and are always willing to give an ear or a hand. The word “no” doesn’t exist in their vocabulary. But with that comes consequences. I am frustrated because sometimes he helps out other people more than he helps the family. He has more time with other people than with us. Do you know someone who is a people pleaser?
@Icydoll (25958)
I know someone who is a people's pleaser ..I can completely relate whatever you said ..this attitude is not at all good..giving preference to family should be more than anything else..I'm not at all a people pleaser
This is not a good attitude so I hope my father will stop doing this. I am just concern about it but you know it has been all his life being this way. I dont know if he can change. You know when he comes together with all my relatives he gives more attention to his side of the family.
@jvincent_129 I am just concern when his relatives give him chores and he is already 64. A lot of the times the chores are very tedious and tiring.
@jvincent_129 why are his relatives giving him chores to do at his age? aren't there nieces, nephews who can do it?
Yes, I used to be people pleaser. It is still really hard for me to say no, but I learned from my mistakes. I got hurt many time and now I know how to say no.
Yeah. You gotta learn to say no. People take advantage of you, thats always my case.
@Jessabuma (33167)
• Baguio, Philippines
No dear, I am not a people pleaser .. and I don't know someone who is a people pleaser..
@Jessabuma (33167)
• Baguio, Philippines
@Santhali thanks dear.
@Jessabuma (33167)
• Baguio, Philippines
@Jessabuma (33167)
• Baguio, Philippines
@Santhali God bless you always dear
@mlgen1037 (29623)
• Manila, Philippines
I am not a people pleaser but there is this thing called being civil. You can be nice but not necessarily give in to other people's demands. Yes, I know someone who is a people pleaser, simply because she thinks she is better than anybody else.
People want to impress other people and this make them think that they are better than everybody. Thats okay it is true , but when it is true you got to be humble about it.
@mlgen1037 (29623)
• Manila, Philippines
@jvincent_129 Yes, Vin. That is true. But the problem is they dont see it within themselves. If they do, they will just be more defensive.
@mlgen1037 Ow hi id like meet some filipino mylotters someday!
@cherriefic (4805)
I used to but learned that I don't have to.
good job. Its hard to pleased everybody so dont be a people pleaser.
I have met a few people pleasers - pleasing others is more important than pleasing their families.
Yeah And it is not correct!