My faith in humanity

@ElicBxn (60884)
It is stories like this that let me know that the next generation isn't totally lost. No, I didn't go to prom, in fact, the prom was cancelled due to lack of interest. I don't know who decided that they needed at least 50 people to hold the prom and they had about 10. I was actually approached by one of the more popular girls to ask if I would go to the prom - you know, buy a ticket. I was anything but popular even if I was actually pretty cute back then. I said: "No." I wasn't interested then, and the reunions every 5 or so years have been held by those popular girls trying to have that prom that wasn't held. Still, despite my not wanting to go to the prom, I have no problem with others wanting it. This is one story that makes it seem worthwhile having a prom.
source: https://www.facebook.com/lovewhatreallymatters/videos/1470841606271566/ // http://scribol.com We are sad to announce that Youtube Suspended Our Secon...
@dodoazo (20306)
It's held once in every 5 years. Why not grab the opportunity?
@BarBaraPrz (20147)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Not everyone wants to relive high school.
@dodoazo (20306)
@BarBaraPrz That's true but others are too excited to get back to their Alma Mater in high school.
@ElicBxn (60884)
@dodoazo high school, especially the public one I graduated from, were little better than hell for me - I go to the reunions at Holy Cross every time, but because most of us left after the junior year because the school was basically being closed, we shouldn't really call it a "graduating" class... McCallum was where all the bullies I had left to go to Holy Cross were, but I figured I could endure 1 year of it and be done. So, no, the prom holds no interest and the few friends I had there are either gone some place else or as disinterested as I am. I have gone to a few reunion functions, but the big dances I don't bother.
We had nothing like this when I was young, I have no idea if proms are organized now, I am not at all sure.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I know that proms are a much bigger deal these days, kids getting their folks to rent stretch limos and stuff.
@ElicBxn I am not sure there is this habit in most European countries.
@ElicBxn (60884)
@LadyDuck may not be, I do know it is here in the States
@1hopefulman (30251)
It was very thoughtful of the girl and her boyfriend to reach out to someone that would probably never be invited.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I know - right! I thought it was very sweet of them.
I always wanted a prom like in the Hollywood movies held in the school gym. My prom was held in a hotel ballroom and I did not enjoy it at all.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I think the one they wanted to hold was also going to be in a hotel ballroom. The school wouldn't have taken a chance of the wood floors being damaged by the girls' heels. "Sock hops" of the 50's and early 60's were so done by then.
@ivanituut (1932)
Good story
@ElicBxn (60884)
Its very sweet.
@ivanituut (1932)
@ElicBxn very inspiring