Happy Friday!!

Happy Friday to everyone from my little corner here in Canada. I don't have to work today, so its a great Friday for me! This afternoon my husband is off of work. He'll have a toasted ham sandwich when he gets home from work, and then he and I are going shopping together. There is a great butcher that we have been going to for a few years. Its a couple of hours away, now that we've moved, but still worth the drive and time involved getting there. Its time to stock up on some great steaks-its getting to be grilling time, and we love our grilled steaks. And we'll try to stop in at our son's place on our way back, since we'll drive thru the city that they live in now. What fun plans have you for this wonderful Friday?
It's after 9 am and I am not sure other than waiting on two packages. I am having company a little later and that will be nice.
I hope that you have a really good day today.
@Juliaacv Thank you I am ok for the time being.
@sharon6345 Glad to hear
So far I'm just having my first cup of coffee so haven't even thought about the day ahead. Enjoy your drive this afternoon especially visiting your son. Happy Friday! Happy Weekend
I just love going for drives with my husband, he makes any car ride so much fun. I did just get home from getting my groceries and putting them away. I bought a lot of strawberries, all of which have been washed, and cleaned and quartered and are now in a big bowl in the fridge. I also bought a lot of green grapes, and they too are all washed up and in the fridge ready to be nibbled on. Enjoy your day today!!
I hope I get to stay home. Do you have a cooler in your car for when you meat shop? I keep a small cooler in the car all the time, Tony drinks so much I keep cola and water in it at all times. BUT I have been known to dump those and put meats inside to stay colder until I get home. Have a wonderful day.
We usually bring out 2 large coolers for the meat. My husband should be home any time now and then after he eats we'll head out. And its just a beautiful afternoon for a drive. I hope that you got to stay home today and that its a good day.
@Juliaacv great minds think alike! Ya know taking coolers.
A good butcher is worth supporting I think. I guess you'll all be having many more barbecues soon.
We usually grill our meals more often then not once the weather turns nice. Its easier and so much nicer to sit outside while it cooks instead of inside while it cooks.
@Juliaacv That's very true. However here we find the insects drive us inside sometimes.
@Jessabuma (33167)
• Baguio, Philippines
Hello and Happy Friday dear friend... God bless you always..
Happy Friday to you too.
@Jessabuma (33167)
• Baguio, Philippines
@Juliaacv thanks dear friend
Hello and Happy Friday to you and your husband too. It will be great to have that drive, get some good steaks and see your son too.
Thanks, so far its a nice day out, although they are forecasting a possibly messy weekend. This butcher has the best meat at the greatest prices. So we really load up when we go there.
• Peoria, Arizona
sounds like a good Friday! I am going to be working on a drawing today and hopefully getting it done all today.
That sounds great as well, Happy Friday!!
Sounds like a great way to spend the afternoon. Send me a nice steak . Noon here and havent been up too long. But out running errands before figuring out lunch
I'll send you one and one for your sweet Mom, how's that? We will buy up lots of them and when we get home I always divide them up into freezer bags. Our son has been texting me asking me when Dad and I will come by this afternoon. Of course I don't know the exact time, but told him that we'll text him when we leave the market-its an hour away.
@Juliaacv what kind of steaks are they? We get sirloin at applebees and "broil steak" or something at our grocery store. The steaks will last you awhile!
@Courtlynn We bought new York strip steaks. We actually bought 20 of them, but we gave 4 of them to our son.
@dodo19 (33990)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's nice that you don't have to work today. I don't have any real plans for today. May just stay home and relax until I have to go pick up my kids.
I was glad to have today off, although I actually would have preferred yesterday as the stores are a lot busier on Fridays.
@dodo19 (33990)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Juliaacv That's true. Things do tend to get busier on Fridays.
@dodo19 We took the 401 from London down to Windsor, and it was crazy busy. We came home part way on the highway, but then stopped at our son's place and came the back way from there.
@PainsOnSlate (20659)
My life is slow at the moment but I do go to the Y with my husband, he to do his thing and so I can walk the halls for some exercise with my walker, ...I see my Physio on Tuesday and I think I will be able to change to a cane...looking forward to that.
If you're walking outside today, I hope that you are either really careful or aren't having the ice storm that we are having. We had rain that froze about 11 this morning and turned to sleet and its been doing it ever since. And there is about an inch of ice everywhere.
@Juliaacv we are having the same storm and it’s a doozie, we went to the YMCA yesterday early morning before the storm hit, we will be staying home today, ice is everywhere, the wind is scary and I just heard something my roof...I hope it’s a limb and not a whole tree. Warnings everywhere, stay off the roads because of the ice but also the trees. I don’t walk outside yet, I go to the Y to walk.
@PainsOnSlate I cannot believe how much ice has accumulated. I won't be stepping foot outside until I have to leave for work tomorrow-I have severe osteoporosis in my spine and hip and I do not have to fall to shatter the bones, so I'm always extra careful especially on ice.
@ivanituut (1922)
Enjoy my friend and always keep safe
Thanks, and you as well.
@ivanituut (1922)
@Juliaacv oh yes thankyou somuch
@ivanituut You are welcome
How lucky you were to have a Friday off! I had to work yesterday. However, I have the weekend off. It will be a busy weekend though. Tomorrow is Little Miss's 3rd birthday. Have to bake a cake today. Tomorrow we have a party planned for her.
That sounds like a lot of fun celebrating with a 3-year old. Have fun at the party.
@Juliaacv She is so excited that she is still awake. I think it took her less time to go to sleep on Christmas eve!
@oahuwriter (3864)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
So happy for you and your family that things going wonderfully. My day is a mixed one. But thankful for the day.
That's good, I hope that Saturday is another good day for you.
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
@Juliaacv Me too. Thanks. I'm going to sleep in and relax.
@bela360 (1686)
• Saint Lucia
Happy Friday to you too :)
Thank you, and you as well.
@bela360 (1686)
• Saint Lucia
We drive to Cedar Key for lunch with Jeanne Baney and then we worked on cleaning the mildew off the side of our house.
I'll bet that was a lot of fun! Lunch, not the mildew removal.
@Juliaacv lol yes it was and no it wasn’t fun lol
I'm glad you are both off work! That's exciting. =) I hope you have a wonderful day. We are going to look at a RV later this afternoon which I am looking forward to.
Here I am a day late responding to you, I'm sorry. We got a lot of delicious cuts of meat yesterday for some really great prices. And we had a fun visit with our son and his wife. I can't wait to read all about the RV you looked at.
Happy Friday to you.Play my game of tennis and will check in with my Dr.for a few things I want to discuss with him.
Thanks.
My son and I are going to run some errands and do a bit of shopping.
I love mother~son time, enjoy yours today!
@caopaopao (12641)
Friday is always happy, because when it is Friday, Saturday and Sunday are near. Have a nice Friday, friend.
Thank you, and you have a nice Friday also.
Your weekend came early. You are jumping for joy.
Oh yeah, I'm happy for it. Have a Happy Friday John!!