Homeschooling kids in 2018

I had read about a mom.home schooling her daughter and she had never being to school but was able to pass all her grade exams.I'm wondering if this still works now especially that kids needs to learn other extracurricular activities and not just passing exams. What's your views on.this?
@Berrygal (5170)
I think kids should be in school to learn more
kids must be taught all round education
@Berrygal (5170)
@augusta123 that's how it should be
@Berrygal definitely Buddy
@Jessabuma (33122)
• Baguio, Philippines
Home schooled children perform better on standardized tests.. but they still need to have social life..
there lies the problem, social life
@tso1960 (238)
I have had two friends home school their kids. One worked out well and the other did not turn out so well. I think it all just depends upon how dedicated you are to the home schooling. Also the one that worked out well, she had her kids join in sports or Boy Scouts, what ever their interests were. I think that is the key to doing well with home schooling.
yes,it must be encompassing to succeed
@skysnap (17808)
I think considering the value of education in institutes is reducing. It's better to home school.
@ivanituut (1932)
No social life can have a big impact to kid's life
definitely