It Was a Late Day

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Did you happen to notice what time I posted the Daily Bible Study? It wasn't before 4:30 AM like it usually is. That's because I overslept. I opened my beautiful hazel eyes and looked at the clock at 3:54 AM and flew out of bed. I didn't have time for anything except to look at the weather report to determine what I was going to wear, read through the chapter for today, and then leave after brushing my teeth and combing my hair. I don't know why I bother with my hair before going to the pool. It's always a disaster until it gets wet. It looks pretty good at the moment. I still got to the pool on time, and had a good workout. My thought to do 7 minutes in the fitness center turned into 6. I'll work on 7 next week. So, to the weather. It started raining about an hour ago. The weather report this morning at 4 showed 8.1 inches before it was all over on Monday. However, as I was watching the weather report in the fitness center a couple hours later, that changed. Rain turning to snow this afternoon, and accumulating until Monday with totals reaching 10.7 (27.178 cm) by the time all is said and done. Now, my notifications are done, and I'm planning my breakfast and maybe a nap. I've been sitting here yawning. Maybe breakfast will wake me up.
You love snow - and you're getting it even in spring.
Yes, we are. I don't know the totals right now, but we've got a lot this morning, and looking through the snow covered windows, it looks like a blizzard out there. The winds are 32 mph.
@kobesbuddy (46699)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him By noon tomorrow, the second storm is suppose to be over.
at this point.Do not care what the weather is.Right now not too good for the weekend.
What do you have planned for the weekend @amadeo. Lots of good things I hope.
@amadea I saw the weather for the US with the storm hitting us at the moment, and it looks like this storm is tracking east and you should also be seeing some of this. Right now, looks like a blizzard outside.
@just4him Not there.We are warm for now.But rain or showers for the weekend
I am eating breakfast right now. Eggs between bread.
That sounds good. It's been a long time since I had an egg sandwich, with ketchup on it.
@just4him I had ketchup on my eggs and rice a long time ago.
@sharon6345 It sounds so good. Both ketchup and rice are off my diet.
@Jessabuma (28845)
• Baguio, Philippines
Yes I noticed it ma'am .. have a great day ma'am Valerie. God bless you
Thank you. It was a good day. I hope your day was also blessed.
@Jessabuma (28845)
• Baguio, Philippines
@just4him yes it was ma'am ..
Sorry you woke up late. Must have needed the sleep. Hope the day is going well.
The day went very well. Woke to a blizzard, at least it looks like it when I look or try to look out the windows.
@just4him oooh i miss that !
@Courtlynn Right now there's a lull in the storm. Storm part two coming soon. No wait, just looked, it's already started for the second part of the storm.
Oh NO! Not more snow. We have rain coming in Saturday evening and will rain all night and clear off mid day Sunday. I hope the prediction is right. But we will have a few cooler days and another night at 40 degrees F. ( 4 C)
They're calling this a record April snowstorm. They call it a winter storm, according to the national weather service. When I look out my windows, what I can see that is, through my snow covered windows, looks like a blizzard.
I hope breakfast will wake you up.
It did. I didn't take a nap yesterday, but I did get 8 hours last night, and got up at a nice 6 AM, which is normal for me for Saturday. Not going anywhere today. There's a blizzard out my windows.
@Elizaby (3672)
• Pensacola, Florida
We are suppose to get heavy wi nd and rain from that system late Saturday evening with strong winds
Stay safe. Strong winds aren't anything to mess with.
@prashu228 (25811)
I wasn't here from a month or so, i just finished dinner, hope you are enjoying your day
Yesterday went well, thank you. Welcome back.
@mlgen1037 (29641)
• Manila, Philippines
I didnt notice as I was busy the whole late afternoon because I met with friends. I havent chanced upon it but will read it in a while. You are very active in your lifestyle and that is great. Thank you, Valerie.
Thank you. I try to be active, at least getting to the Y every morning when I'm able.
@mlgen1037 (29641)
• Manila, Philippines
@just4him Way to go, Valerie. I really admire you.
@mlgen1037 I won't be getting to the Y before Tuesday. This storm isn't over before Monday.
@FayeHazel (18027)
Oh wow, you are an early riser :-) I have hazel eyes too. :-) And 6 minutes is more than 5 and that's more than none, it's a good accomplishment :-)
Yes, I am an early riser. I enjoy getting to the pool early and being able to socialize for a bit at the Y. I'm hoping to get to 7 minutes next week. I thought it might be Monday, but with the weather right now, it doesn't look like I'm leaving the apartment before Tuesday.
@FayeHazel (18027)
@just4him That's nice - I hope there is a good selection of people to visit with at the Y. I hope you are able to get out safely soon. Here it has (finally) stopped snowing
@FayeHazel It's stopped here too. I just saw the city bus for the first time today, so those are running. The city is slowly digging out.
Whoa. A lot of snow is coming your way. I believe we have missed out on the snow coming our way, but will not bet on that.
I won't bet on it either. You'll either get snow or rain with this system. Looking like a blizzard out there at the moment.
@just4him So far this morning, just rain. Gloomy out there.
@Corbin5 I just posted about the snow we're getting. They've upped the totals before all is said and done. I know you're glad it's only rain.
We slept in yesterday but we were up bright and early today. It will be a busy day for us too.
Yesterday was a good day. I'm glad you had a good, but busy day.
Yikes! Glad you made it to the pool! It started off coat-worthy this morning and ended up at 72 degrees this afternoon. I walked Doodles in a t-shirt, which reminded me of sunny Florida. Sigh.... Enjoy your snow. Getting ready to decide what to order for dinner.
I'm glad I made it to the pool too. I won't be going anywhere before this storm ends. I'm waiting to find out about church tomorrow. Looks like a blizzard out there.
@Icydoll (20067)
It do happens sometimes my dear friend...have nice weekend.
Yes, it does, though not often for me. You do the same. I'll be inside all weekend with the current snowstorm going on.
@Daelii (5635)
I want my spring weather! Hah I hope breakfast wakes you up!
It did. No need for a nap. Spring is delayed this year. I have a blizzard going on outside my windows.
@MarymargII (9770)
• Toronto, Ontario
You drive yourself hard-- why not have a few sleep ins? 4:30 am is very early.
It might be early, but I enjoy the people at the pool at that hour, and I get more exercise in than I would later. The crowd coming in immediately after are more into talking in the pool, than they are swimming, so it's very hard to get any laps in when people are just hovering around in one place.
• Toronto, Ontario
@just4him Well that makes sense. What time do you try to make it to the pool each morning.
@MarymargII I'm there when it opens at 5.
@kobesbuddy (46699)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Be careful Valerie, those roads will be awfully slippery! We are getting sleet and rain mixed today:( This is suppose to follow us through, until Monday afternoon!
I'm not going anywhere. I've planted myself through Monday, though I will find out about church for tomorrow, but I expect it to be canceled.
@kobesbuddy (46699)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him I am staying home, also. We're getting a blizzard at this time, mostly ice and rain. Sunday, another winter storm is headed our way, to bury us in snow, through Monday afternoon.
@kobesbuddy It's the system we're presently getting.
@nela13 (7067)
• Portugal
At what time do you go to the poll? 3:54 am is middle of the night here.
I'm in the pool by 5 AM.
@nela13 (7067)
• Portugal
@just4him that is quite early
@nela13 I'm used to getting up early. I also go to bed early.
@cacay1 (32941)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hi Valerie? I feel the shimmering coolness of your weather this time. Here in Phils. it is so hot.It's summer and it will last for 2-3 months. By the way, thanks for the friendship in Facebook. I am so happy to find you there.Take care and have a very fruitful weekend with your family.
You're welcome. I was happy to find you there as well. Yes, it's cool here. We have snow coming down at the moment and looking like a blizzard out there.
@cacay1 (32941)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@just4him , Nice feeling too , to be here with you. It is so hot in the Philippines.How nice if snow visits Phils..It so hot here this time.
@cacay1 It would be nice for you to enjoy snow. It's great here.