Prissy is a sick kitty

@ElicBxn (60884)
Not physically... I mean... Well, she wakes up and makes these strange sounds. For example, she's been sleeping on a box in the front room with me all afternoon and there was some bird outside making strange almost cawing sounds. She jerks awake and makes a strange cawing sound herself, except it is a cat cawing sound. Prissy has some Siamese in her, so she has a rather distinctive voice anyway. So she's making this kind of Siamese cawing sound. Yesterday she was making these sounds and I think she was actually asleep at the time. Strange little cat she is...
I've heard my cats make weird sounds that actually attract birds, it's strange to hear and thankfully now there is no way any birds can be deceived into coming too close to my cats. My first kitty was named Prissy too, she was a mixed siamese/burmese/ally cat .... her momma fooled around when she wasn't supposed to.
@ElicBxn (60884)
@rebelann oh, mostly I've learned... Opal is the first one that was brought to our door and we adopted Onyx to be her playmate. So, we lost 6 in 2017 we only gained 2 and while we are still in the double digits, the first one isn't a "2".
But still @ElicBxn they'll soon refer to you as the Cat Man ...... hey, if there can be cat ladies why not cat men, I didn't say old cuz I didn't get the impression you were old.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Actually, @rebelann I am female, so I am a crazy cat lady. And I'm not old but not exactly young either. I'm 64.
Cats can be totally weird sometimes.
@ElicBxn (60884)
And Prissy pretty much wins the award for weird here - and crazy.
That is so cute. Our cat made chattering sounds when she heard the birds chirping outside. She is a darling, but strange, little cat, for sure.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I have a lot that do that, but Prissy doing it in her sleep, that's something else - like the dog I grew up with howling in her sleep. She NEVER howled, but she did it that one time - in her sleep.
That's an adorable picture.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Isn't it just? She's not as bad as Opal for sitting there and trying to not go to sleep and fall over, but it looks like it!
She is cute, I hope she is not sick, poor kitty.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Only in the head, she's just kind of crazy. But these chirping sounds she's making are new.
@ElicBxn She is so cute, may be she tries to imitate the birds.
@ElicBxn (60884)
@LadyDuck this last time she was asleep making the chirping sounds, very weird, even for Prissy
Prissy has a sharp listening skill. My kittens and their mom have some behaviors that it is all new to me.
@ElicBxn (60884)
She makes Siamese sounds, but this time she was doing it in her sleep. Did I mention she's weird?
@ElicBxn I think you had said it.I think it is really fun and we can have some videos of it. Have you tried to capture the moment?
@ElicBxn (60884)
@Shavkat no, and I can't seem to get my phone to send pictures to my computer, I feel like some kind of idiot.
Cats do make some funny noises sometimes! Milo is a quiet little fellow though..he rarely speaks unless he is unhappy about something...then he lets you know it in no uncertain terms!
@ElicBxn (60884)
I've had a few of those. Opal just jumped up on my desk, growled and then started purring - she's some kind of failed kitty or something
@august18 (3074)
• Tunisia
Very cute cat. God bless.
@ElicBxn (60884)
She's kind of grown on me. She can be sweet to people, crazy with other cats, but sweet to us.
@BarBaraPrz (20126)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Strange maybe, but absolutely lovely!
@ElicBxn (60884)
yeah, she's a piece of work
@BarBaraPrz (20126)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@ElicBxn She looks so demure in that photo.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I think she's getting a bit touched in the head at her age
@nanette64 (17711)
• Fairfield, Texas
I have a couple that when they are in a deep sleep start talking @ElicBxn . It is comical.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I've had them look like they are eating and smacking their lips, but this was way noisier and it didn't wake her up!
@nanette64 (17711)
• Fairfield, Texas
@ElicBxn She must have been in one very, deep sleep.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Really, I've been known to do it, but never a cat. Run/twitch yes but talk never
one of my tuxedos always chatted at birds. the big fluffy orange girl i have now does once in a while..
@ElicBxn (60884)
I've had chatting cats at the birds, the squirrels, even those very dangerous leaves. But I've never had one do it in their sleep before. She's continued to do it off and on since I posted this discussion.
@ElicBxn the calico i had recently always chattered in her sleep.she was a bit of an oddball.but at least she didn't sleep with her eyes open like her brother did.that used to scare the piss out of me when he was a kitten.
@ElicBxn (60884)
@scarlet_woman I had one that slept with his eyes at kind of "half mast." He was kind of goofy too.
@KristenH (24380)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
That's so weird. Sometimes Wylie could be the same way as Prissy too.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I'd bet if I knew more about her background she might make some kind of sense, but in the 8 years we've had her, she's never made any.
@KristenH (24380)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@ElicBxn That's so odd.