Mid April - A little Of This And That

Wow, its the 15th. already and that means a lot of people are shuffling to get those taxes in before the 17th. a few years I filed an extension so I did not have to deal with the hurry up and get that postmarked. But I always found that I needed proof of income for one things or another and all I had was the past year. Mine are filed and the check mailed. So far I am slow today, I woke naturally at 9:30 am, just in time for preaching at 10 am, Joel Osteen is who I chose. Mylotting a little while with Lunch, I skipped breakfast, I am having a couple bags of green giant veggies, cauliflower, carrot and sugar snap peas.... got them buy one get one free so $1 each is alright with me. Thinking about dinner, what to make? I bought a turkey a couple days ago for .29 per pound and its thawed in the fridge so I think I will cut it up and cook it several ways. This could get interesting! Then I have the plan...... "the closet" the closet I have been putting off cleaning out, but it has got to be a must now. I cannot find any clothes I like or want to wear. SO.........I am getting rid of most of them and I will buy a few new here and there. So what is on your mind today?
Music video by The Doobie Brothers performing Jesus Is Just Alright. (C) 1996 Sony Music Entertainment
Who knows what may lurk in the depths of the closet.
Those mean dust bunnies? mice? forgotten shoes?
@Freelanzer (8912)
I feel like just sitting around today doing nothing but have to get up and go look for some flooring for a room we are renovating. Fun. Have a good day.
Thanks, you too.
@1hopefulman (28353)
I just finished supper, had another batch of home-grown sprouts ready which I ate with some avocados and other vegetables. I did my taxes and mailed them already but we have till the last day of April. Right now (6 PM) it is raining with ice pellets but I still have to go out. I think the worst of storm is yet to come, maybe during the night or tomorrow morning.
Ice is not good. Stay safe and warm
@1hopefulman (28353)
@andriaperry I had to skate to get back home safely. It will not be easy tomorrow morning for those that have to go to work. Thankfully I'm retired!
@1hopefulman Here the state shuts down when its that bad,
I need to clean out my clothes too. I have far too many that I rarely wear. Some haven't been worn in years so it's time for them to go.
Man! I did not know how much was in there.
@andriaperry Did you find some old favourites?
@JudyEv Yes on the clothes but I did not find the pot of gold
@sallypup (27058)
• Moses Lake, Washington
You got a deal on the vegies. My taxes were filed eons ago. But..... property taxes must be dealt with sooner than later or our fannies will be hurting.
I get the property taxes as soon as I got that notice.
@sallypup (27058)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@andriaperry We pay half the taxes by the end of April or we get slapped with a fine. Ouch.
@sallypup Ahhh.
Monday here, the 16th and it's the deadline of filing income tax. Our bookkeeper and accountant has already done ours last Friday. I know I'll be going to the office today as it's salary day and my employees are waiting for their checks.
Have a good day, My Monday I work too.
@andriaperry having an early morning stress with the Manager. I hate incompetency.
@toniganzon Me too!
Just been trying to stay warm. A cold front came through last night.
Its here.
@andriaperry my house is like an ice-box tonight
I did the top shelf in our front hall closet. I need another tote box, but they are all at our son's place, to completely finish it. Then I'll weed thru the jackets and sweaters hanging out there. I hope that your closet cleaning is going well also.
I need another tote too
@andriaperry I literally have a stack of them taller then I am. I bought a lot last year when we moved and I did that instead of using cardboard boxes because then I knew that all of us could use them for 1 thing or another over the years. Our son and his wife have most of ours because they just moved a few weeks ago.
@Courage7 (5848)
Love that song and remember it well Andria. Good you will finally get to that closet. Turkey is alright too at that price I am sure you will figure some meals with it. I am sick in bed today but its fine..I need the rest anyway. I wish this month was over, in fact, I wish this year was over lol
No, Summer is coming and it will be the best ever for you.
@Courage7 (5848)
@andriaperry hmmm I highly doubt that my friend but thanks for your lovely words
Love the Doobie brothers and, it will be May before we know it.
I know. it`ll be 2020 before we know it.
I was just waiting for roomie to get back, he had been visiting his GF for a couple of days. He bought me a Cornish hen.. that was sweet of him!
Very nice.
@wolfgirl569 (4676)
• Marion, Ohio
Hope you get the closet done. Been mostly sleeping here
Not all of it but most.
You paid $0.29 per pound for a turkey? Sounds like the price during the Depression Days.
Winn Dixie is closing so its one of those deals to get rid of stock.
Well, glad today is the day for the closet!!! We filed an extension for our elderly dad too. We are missing a form which took phone call after phone call to get. It had better arrive in my mailbox soon.
Sometimes you just have to.
@Icydoll (19084)
Enjoy the turkey there ..I had spent some time with family and relatives..I had chicken and rice
I hope you have a wonderful evening.
Dobbie Brothers loved them.Enjoy your day there.
Me too, they were a huge part of my childhood. I think I know all the words to all their songs. You too!