Thanks for the Hug, Mom!

When my sister and I got our of our cars in the nursing home parking lot for a Dad visit, Sis handed our my mother's coat. That was such a sweet surprise for me. My mother died 6 years ago, and my having a few special things that belonged to her brings me so much joy. I know the camel hair coat my sister gave to me has to be over 20 years old. When I tried on Mom's camel hair coat, which is soft as can be, it felt like Mom was hugging me. I swear I felt her hug when I put on her coat. I have to say the coat looks so cute with jeans and black boots. It is a perfect fit too. I will have my mom's coat dry-cleaned, and I will wear it as often as I can. I am going to go to the closet now and put Mom's coat on to get another hug from her. I have a feeling I will be putting on Mom's coat many times today. Note: No camels are harmed to make a camel hair coat. Camels shed, and those shed hairs are collected and used to make camel hair clothing items.
@Starmaiden (2523)
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
That was a sweet thing your sister did. I'm sure your mom will be hugging you more often now.
Oh yes. I just put it on, and took it off again. It is so very soft.
@AKRao24 (10592)
That is really wonderful gift that you got from your sister and I am really happy to know your feelings, I think in fact you are getting lot of blessings along with that affectionate hug of your mom! I understand your state of mind and emotion when you are again going to the closet to wear it once again! She must be very happy to see this from her heavenly abode dear friend @Corbin5! God bless!
I think Mom is happy. I have put the coat on so many times today. Yes, a hug I felt every time. Wishing you God's blessings too.
@AKRao24 (10592)
@Corbin5 , I am feeling really happy for you two....your self and your dear mom! gid bless! Thanks!
@1hopefulman (24934)
Thanks for the note on how camel's hair is collected. Nice to know that your mom's coat bring you comfort. I'm sure you will take excellent care of it.
Yes, if a camel were hurt in any way just to make a camel hair coat, I would not wear the coat. I will treasure this coat.
@1hopefulman (24934)
@Corbin5 I would feel the same. Enjoy the beautiful coat with many warm thoughts.
@1hopefulman Thank you, my friend.
That is very nice that you have that feeling. It's nice to read how it is for you. I would hope to have that one day.
I think you will have that one day, my friend. My mom lived to age 92, which means I got to have her around for many years. Dad is age 97.
@Corbin5 That is very nice. I don't want to live that long. not at all.
@sharon6345 I do not want to either. Those last years are not much fun at all.
@kobesbuddy (36621)
• East Tawas, Michigan
What a wonderful surprise, your sister giving you your mother's camel-hair coat:) It will be such a comfort to know, who that coat belonged to! I have a shabby looking little dress, my mother use to wear. I wouldn't part with it, for anything!:(
Your dress and my coat will bring us years of comfort, my friend.
@kobesbuddy (36621)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Corbin5 Yes, Debbie:) They most assuredly will bring us comfort
@kobesbuddy Oh, thank you for sharing the photo of the dress that is such a comfort to you!
love from family is the best!!
You are so right, my friend.
@sallypup (25866)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That's a lovely coat. Your sister really did a good, loving thing, giving a part of your Mom back to you.
She has many things of Mom's and I do too, but I am so happy to have the coat. It is so soft. I have tried it on so many times today.
@cacay1 (32537)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I feel what you feel the missing of your mom. How we wish our parents to live for many , many years so we can always hug them to show our love and comfort.
Yes, when they are gone, we just have to cherish the memories.
@cacay1 (32537)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Corbin5 so true and we cannot avoid our tears to fall. The feeling is not easy remembering the memories of our beloved parents.
• Preston, England
lovely that you can stay warm and remember your mum at the same time
Yes, and we have snow here today. Mom's coat will definitely be worn by me today. More hugs.
• Preston, England
@Corbin5 a way to actually appreciate colder weather
@august18 (1511)
• Tunisia
I get the same feeling whenever I sleep in my father's bed. He passed away 10 years ago.
I am sorry for the loss of your dear father. I am glad you feel the same way when you sleep in his bed. Very comforting.
@august18 (1511)
• Tunisia
@Corbin5 Thanks.
@Icydoll (10701)
It definitely feels great when you wear that coat.so that you can always good like your mom hugging you and nice you have that coat as a memory with you now
The coat is so very soft. I will treasure it always.
• Pamplona, Spain
What a lovely story and I can bet your Mom is really hugging you too. May she hug you many many times over and that you feel she is with you every time. I remember Camel Coat´s too and even though I don´t have one now they are nice and soft and warm. Heartwarming words thank you Hugs.
I really do know she is. I feel the hugs. I have had it on so many times, I think I am wearing Mom out!! I was very surprised at how soft it is. Thank you for your kind words, my friend.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Corbin5 Ah, she will hug you without getting worn out for sure. Those coats were made to last and last not like the ones they make now. Loved reading this.
@Courage7 (5032)
So nice Deborah. I know how much this means to you. Happy Mom Hug Day
Oh, I love "Happy Mom Hug Day!" Thank you for your sweet words.
@Courage7 (5032)
@Corbin5 I love that you love it and I love you too
@Courage7 And, I love you!!! Most certainly I do!!
I love camel hair coats, they are warm and soft. I have found the one of my mom and I keep it.
I am so glad you have your mom's coat too!! It is a wonderful treasure to own.
@Corbin5 I am not sure what to do with her furs, I do not like to wear "killed animals". We did not agree about furs.
@LadyDuck Same with my mom. She wore fur at times too. I think back in the day, animal welfare was not as big a concern as it is today.
@aninditasen (1129)
• Raurkela, India
Memories are after all memories.
Nice to hang onto those good memories.
• Raurkela, India
@Corbin5 They become our inspiration at times when we remember our Moms hard work and whatever we learned from her.
@aninditasen So true, my friend!!
@cintol (3630)
That was sweet of her to think of you and give you the coat, I had something like that happen for me yesterday. I might write about it.
Oh yes, you should write about it. I was delighted when Sis gave the coat to me.
@cintol (3630)
@Corbin5 I just did and I know what that coat meant to you.
@nela13 (3863)
• Portugal
I am sure it is a wonderful feeling and the coat is so nice.
It really gives me such a wonderful feeling. I never had that feeling before with a coat. A hug from Mom is definitely a part of that coat.
@nela13 (3863)
• Portugal
@Corbin5 that coat is unique and special for you and your mom is hugging you every time you wear it for sure.
I have two coats from the fifties.One is a wonderful wrap around and the other top coat.not going to give them away. They will stay with me till I pass on
I am looking at Mom's coat and it is so well-made. I am keeping this one, like you will keep your two coats, until I pass on too.
@Corbin5 yes Mike will take care of mine
@amadeo I will give my Mom's coat to our daughter-in-law. It will fit her nicely.
What a sweet and nice feeling-enjoy and savour that.
I have put it on so many times today. I have Mom's jewelry, but the coat seems to be a bit more special to me.
@Corbin5 Deborah, I am glad you have something very special from your mother and that you can wear it and feel her near you always.
I will treasure that coat and wear it often. Thank you for your kind words, my friend.
@Corbin5 Deborah, you are so welcome and enjoy wearing the coat.