Does Ice Tea Grow on Iced Trees?

We are having a terrible ice storm, as are many others on the site here. Our temperature is now 2C, which is above freezing. I had to run out to the grocery store for some potatoes and I snapped this picture out near the street. It shows the thick coating of ice on the trees. Its melting now, which is great, but I would imagine that in a couple of hours it will refreeze when it get dark out. Are you having an ice tea day where you are as well? ~Photo is mine
That sounds very nasty. I haven't heard of an ice storm - at least I don't think I have.
You're lucky and living in a really good pace not to have to endure this. These storms are the worst. I know that @Marlina and @Alfredo area both experiencing this kind of weather today.
@JudyEv, You are lucky for sure.
@Juliaacv @marlina It must be really awful. Stay safe.
Wow! Be careful if you have to go out.
Thanks, its quite windy here and the ice is flying all over the place as a result. I just had to run out to the grocery store for some potatoes, and was as careful as could be. The wind caught my breath, and I was glad to get inside again.
@nela13 (6857)
• Portugal
I have never experienced an ice storm but that tree shows how to freeze it must be. The weather was better today here.
I took the picture to show the thickness of the ice. That is as a result of over a day of freezing rain. At this time of the year that could spell danger for the orchard farmers as the ice will strip the buds off of the trees.
@nela13 (6857)
• Portugal
@Juliaacv but it should be spring now, right?
@nela13 April is our month to transition from winter to spring. And we get a little of both kinds of weather. On Friday I could go out without a jacket as it was so warm, but on Saturday we got ice and it was around the freezing mark. There are huge fluctuations in our temperatures during April, I had a bad sinus headache today from it.
@dodo19 (32868)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
We've been getting freezing rain for the last little while. I'm glad that I'm staying in tonight, although I do have concerns about tomorrow morning. Hopefully, my hubby doesn't have any problems getting to work tonight.
I hope that he's safe and leaves plenty early for work.
@dodo19 (32868)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Juliaacv Thankfully he got there okay. He's on his way home alright. Although it is taking a little longer than usual. But he should still be on the bus home.
@dodo19 That's a relief to hear.
WE are having basically the same weather: freezing rain and later on, they said thunder.
Really, I haven't heard of thunder. Our rain has started back up again. Its so windy and damp outside, I hope that we get some sunshine next week to dry this all up.
@Juliaacv We are better get some sunshine and tons of it.
@FourWalls (13703)
It was in the 80s on Friday. Today when I got home my car's thermometer said it was 42 outside. Iced tea? No, I had two cups of hot tea at lunch!!!
We had a really mild day last Friday also, and on Saturday we woke to rain, which froze mid-morning and we had over 24 hours of freezing rain. Its too bad that iced tea doesn't grow on trees, I don't know what the apple, pear, peach, apricot, and cherry trees will be able to produce this year after the ice storm. That could destroy a lot of the buds on the trees.
@FourWalls (13703)
@Juliaacv -- and meanwhile, NOTHING kills the stinking weeds.
The only thing beautiful about an ice storm is the way the trees look coated in ice. I hope it melts soon as ice is extremely dangerous.
Everything did look beautiful coated in ice, but the wind was blowing so hard that those branches were really ready to snap, even the little shrubs looked stressed. The orchard farmers who have peach, apple, cherry and pear trees won't be happy with this storm, especially at this time of the year when there are buds on the trees. And although the majority of farmers carry crop insurance, we will feel the effects at the check outs.
@Juliaacv Yes, we will.
Wow, we've never had trees iced like that!
I would imagine that at this time of the year the orchard farmers will be reporting damages.
@Juliaacv ooh, maybe.
same here and same weather.Not an iced tea day
We're making iced tea today, aren't we? It sure isn't weather for making maple syrup is it?
@Juliaacv Maple Syrup gone bye.We are supposed to have flowers.Blooming all over the place
As a matter of fact, I am having iced tea today.
You're enjoying an iced tea.....no doubt future iced teas that you'll consume may be courtesy of the tree in the photo here. But seriously, its so windy and damp here today. I hope that the rain, which recently started back up again, stops soon. The small shrubs and bushes are all bending heavy with the wind and ice.
No ice, just rain here. We have had ice storms here in the past.
We were expecting up to 70mm of rain between Friday night and the end of this storm which is tomorrow morning. But with the ice, it will mean less rain fell. The total of 70mm is the average amount of rainfall for our area for the entire month of April.
Not ice here but cold yes it's dropping each day.
@Icydoll (19137)
No ice...only tea that too hot tea ...it's pretty hot weather ..you please be safe there and take care
Here it is late spring and the weather stays fine.I haven't drunk the ice tea.
I was only kidding with the post title. Enjoy the spring weather.
@Juliaacv You have sense of humour!
I hope the night will not bring freezing temperatures, it's bad for the trees in this season.
It is still raining. I have the morning news on, and they reported that we got 70mm of rain, which is a month's worth for April, over a 48 hour period. The high today is 6C, so hopefully that happens and the ice will melt and then we can just deal with the rain and the water. I hope that Mr. Sunshine comes out this week an helps to dry things up.
@Juliaacv They announced rain for all the week, but the wind from Sahara desert brought sand and sun. I would have preferred only the sun without the sand.
@MarymargII (9737)
• Toronto, Ontario
Ha I am as I am in Southern Ontario and we are really being hit! However, I wouldn't mind some iced tea right now- at least I could dream about the Summer----lol!
A couple more months and we'll be feeling the effects of late spring/early summer, but it sure feels a lot further off on a day like today was.
• Toronto, Ontario
@Juliaacv You're so right about that- But at least forward should be warmer.
@KristenH (24041)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I did have an iced tea day this weekend. More or less tea today. I have plenty of teas to have, hot or iced, this spring season.
Enjoy it, and if you need more, think of all that is being made up here in the ice storm.
@KristenH (24041)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Juliaacv Thanks Julia. It'll be warming up in the 60s-70s in the next two weeks. Woohoo!
Thankfully we DID not get that cold and the weekend actually brightened up with some sunshine except yesterday all we had was soggy rainy weather all day long -- thank goodness the ice did not trip you to hurt yourself
Enjoy the nice weather, we're missing it!
@LeaPea2417 (20366)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I hate ice storms.
Me too.
No ice here today but we do have winter weather temperatures along with periods of torrential rain and wind. I'm really sick and tired of this extra long winter. The ice is pretty on the trees though.
We had snow flurries this evening, we really need some spring and soon!