Fear of Superstition

@eileenleyva (10984)
A nephew texted me, reminding me of my first cousin's birthday last Friday, the 13th of April. I did not forget, actually, because that was the day my younger daughter complained about people's subconscious fear. On duty on the the eleventh, she was surprised at the number of check-ins at the hospital. That extended to the following day, the twelfth, when she was from duty. The deliveries, many of which were through C-section, came one after the other. The residents did not leave the operating room any longer. When I fetched my daughter, she was dead tired. The following day, the thirteenth, she was surprised that the delivery room literally became a ghost town. No one came to give birth. The resident on duty was practically lying on the bed. Gosh, I exhaled, people still believe that sinister Friday the thirteenth superstition. Sigh.
@AKRao24 (21216)
Yes, That is just a superstition as you said and people who believe in such things can never be explained about the facts...they live in their own world and may be there is chance that they can turn into a superstitious person! Thanks @eileenleyva for explaining about the superstition in such a lovely manner! God bless!
@eileenleyva (10984)
You are right, people are trapped by superstitions. Believe it or not, my educated friend send me chain messages.. That's how my inbox gets full. Thanks for that kind line. I rarely receive such appreciation, Made me feel good.
@AKRao24 (21216)
@eileenleyva , I appreciate that you are taking initiative to curb such superstitions here with such a nice discussion of yours! you deserve compliments for this! Thanks!
@eileenleyva (10984)
@AKRao24 Yes, the only superstitions I like are the penny in my pocket, the angel on my shoulder, wishing on all the stars above me, these ones make me feel rich and safe and hopeful. Thanks once again.
I think it will be a superstition that will continue to live on.
@eileenleyva (10984)
I do my best not to stop on the 13th floor, just to realize no building ever has a 13th floor. My home addresses has a 1 and a 3 these past quarter of a century. I have been blessed tremendously.
@AKRao24 (21216)
@eileenleyva , Even mine to Our block number was 13 where we have spend our time from schooling to my post graduation! Thanks!
@eileenleyva (10984)
@AKRao24 And they say adolescence begins at 13, when a child officially becomes a teen. Life suddenly turns vibrant. But this is another story, right.
• Pamplona, Spain
What a coincidence all those babies being born by C/Section on that day. Were they scheduled or did they just happen? I don´t really believe in Friday the !3th because the worst things that have ever happened to me were never on the 13th rather on the 4th or the 14th or the 16th hence I can´t really believe in Friday the 13th as such but I do admit a lot of strange things crop up all together.
@eileenleyva (10984)
The CS are mostly patient prerogative date. The consultants make the schedule for the operation. The residents do all the assisting and the rest of the monitoring. Hmmm, dear friend, please do your best, like invite the most positive of thoughts on the dates you mentioned. Don't ever allow again the ill memories that happened on those dates enter your mind. From now on, think of happy blessings that will be poured down on you. Your days will be cheerier and lovelier, you'll see.
• Pamplona, Spain
@eileenleyva I am doing that thank you its not easy as the last one one was on the 4th of December and its been very hard to get through and its early days yet. Thank you I try not to think about those dates but they do pop up in your head on those dates hard as you try not to think about them.
@eileenleyva (10984)
@lovinangelsinstead21 Ugly memories pop in my head, too. but I dismiss them right away. I don't want to dwell any longer on miserable past events. I only want to think of things that will make me happy. Yes, it is not easy to forget, especially if it has happened just recently. Will pray for your peace of mind. Will pray for joy and blessings to come your way.
@miketagz (7489)
Only human created this invented stories which are fake. I think it was a coincidence situation.
@eileenleyva (10984)
Dates back to antiquity, I suppose.
@miketagz (7489)