How good (or bad) a typist are you?

Pleasant Hill, California
I suck at typing, even after all these years of writing. To be accurate, I have to watch my fingers, and even then, I wind up with an error or two in most sentences. My keyboard is getting tired, and I spray it periodically with De-Oxit, but I can't really blame my keayboard (sic). Are you one of those who can type away at great speed and not make many errors?
Yes, I am a speed typist, I went to school to learn, many (many) years ago. I do not look at my fingers, I look at the screen so I see what I am typing.
@vandana7 (64724)
Oh I am a speed typist too..I am staring that the screen right now. But my thoughts run faster, and I miss out on a lot of words or letters and there are grammar or space flaws as well. Then I spend time correcting them. LOL
@vandana7 The best is when someone dictates the text, you have nothing to think, you only have to type the fastest you can.
@vandana7 (64724)
@LadyDuck Never tried dictation so far...may be I should try that.
@FourWalls (13687)
I zip along at 75-80 WPM. But that's my job, so I get lots of practice. Typos? Ii nevre maek typeoss!! Wahht aer yuo taklign abuost??????????
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh I love that second line @FourWalls .
@vandana7 (64724)
@nanette64 I read it faster than I read the first one...proves practice has made me perfect. LOL
@AKRao24 (17810)
Dear @TheHorse, I am not a formally trained typist though I owned a type writer three decades back.That was a Remington Rand a manual one. I tried to complete the lessons on that machine many a times but I couldn't succeed. So today I type in my own style and I am happy with the results! Thanks!
@vandana7 (64724)
The results are not bad. I learned typing. I hated writing things for ages.
@AKRao24 (17810)
@vandana7 , I understand that there is a way and method for everything but when it comes to learning typing lessons I feel very nervous and tensed! so i am happy with the way I am typing today! Thanks!
• Pleasant Hill, California
What do you mean by "in your own style"? I suppose I have "my own style" too.
@vandana7 (64724)
Pony..I eat words. I eat letters. I am a glutton. There is complete lack of co-ordination between my thinking and my typing. Thoughts race, and typing is slow. Lot of grammar mistakes creep in too. Most of the time I re-read and correct. But at times, even when I re-read, I miss out. Then you have some really ridiculous stuff there to make sense from.
@sabtraversa (13328)
@vandana7 I usually do well with the word by word spelling, the main problem is the syntax. I may forget a verb, a negation, add a double negation and so forth. I'd blame part of that to the fact I'm not a native speaker.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@sabtraversa Just make sure you never say, "I don't have no blueberries," or you will be mistaken for an uneducated American or a blues singer.
@sabtraversa (13328)
@TheHorse That's one hard mistake to make, but it could happen. I'd be more likely to type "make sure you don't never say" instead.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I'm actually pretty good. Both on the computer keyboard and on a touch screen. People are always impressed with how fast I am on a keyboard. Especially without looking lol.
I'm one of those best at typing. In fact when I was in 6th grade, in typing class, I was exempted since I could do it perfectly well with a typewriter. I could even type better than the teacher that she told me not to practice anymore and just help her with the other students. It was my grandfather who taught us how to type properly with the correct fingers and without looking at the keyboard. He let us used his old typewriter. I think the brand was Olympia. He would cover all the letters with a masking tape so we wouldn't be able to see them and just focus on what we were typing. It's something I could never ever forget at all. He told us, smart people should type the correct way.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I had an Olympia (I think) at some point in my life. Was it electric or manual?
@TheHorse manual of course. My grandfather won't let us touch an electric one. I was already in college when I bought an electric typewriter. But it didn't last long.
@TheHorse The Horse, are you looking for a typist? I am not bad at typing. I used to type faster in English and in Hebrew I am very slow.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Nah, I get the job done. Somehow. A Hebrew keyboard. I'd just sit and stare.
@TheHorse I had to type in Hebrew and not just stare at the keyboard. My computer is set up for English and Hebrew.
I look at the keyboard although all the letters are gone. I taught myself to type and I can be fast. I think most people make mistakes. I make more on the laptop than on the office computer.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yeppers, I use only a desktop. About four of my letters are gone.
@TheHorse I have a Q,Z and X left clear and the J is fading the rest are gone.
I am fairly good at typing but I used to be faster and better. Now I notice more errors as I go along
@vandana7 (64724)
I don't think I lost the speed, I only lost the "better" part of it..LOL
I can type fast if I want to.I had this software Mavis Beacon and that is how I learned to type.This was many years ago. A good typist.Not bad I fare well for an old gent.
Well I am an average typist I'm not that fast if I try to be fast I make mistakes
@august18 (2892)
• Tunisia
I can type very fast if that 's your question.
@Starmaiden (5828)
Not me. I'm the one finger wonder when it comes to typing and texting. I would never make a good transcriber.
@mlgen1037 (29642)
• Manila, Philippines
Well, I can type fast but I assure you, I will have mistakes. I am better when I use the desktop.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I've never been a good typist.
@id_peace (6923)
It really depending on whether am i typing from my mind or I actually have some scripts that i would need to follow.
@lynnief (1144)
I'm a touch typist, and many years ago used to teach typing. These days, however, my speed is not great.
@Chazzygal (441)
• Botswana
i also have to watch my fingers on the keyboard so that i type faster and make less mistakes..
@KrauseHome (35035)
When I am on my Computer very seldom do I make many errors, and can type pretty quick. When you see errors from me on here, that means I was on my tablet which I enjoy but can be a pain and easier to make mistakes