Endless Spring Cleaning!

@sabtraversa (13329)
Italy
I'm not that messy but, like many other youngsters, I tidy up by throwing everything into the drawers and wardrobe. I'm now trying to give a meaning to these drawers and closets. I found two wallets. Not even a piece of paper, EMPTY! Oh well, at least I know what's in there, though I haven't finished yet. It takes a while because I observe every little piece of clutter. I took my time to read the letters my ex's ex wrote to my ex. There's no reason why I should be keeping these letters. Or maybe there is, they can teach me how to be romantic. But I shouldn't be learning from a teen with an awful handwriting. I also made a playlist on Spotify, with songs I haven't listened in a while. I thought of sharing one.
Nanowar official website: http://www.nanowar.it/ Nanowar official facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/nanowarofsteel Nanowar on twitter: https://twitter.c...
I have endless spring, summer, fall, and winter cleaning ! I used to have a desk drawer filled with old letters . . . I clung onto these letters for years. And then I decided to let go . . . sad to see tangible letters go, but I convinced myself the memories were already stored in my head.
@sabtraversa (13329)
@much2say I wish I had a desk drawer filled with old letters! I don't think of them as memories, but tools to reach memories. They are pointless, but I think I might never get bored of them. The only way to get rid of them, would be to read them every day so eventually I get tired of reading and throw them away.
@sabtraversa Well, in the end, it's just more clutter . Yes, tools to reach memories, true - and if you enjoy, then it's not pointless. But are you sure you want to know the memories of someone else (especially an ex?)
@sabtraversa (13329)
@much2say The memories of my ex remind me of my ex, even if they also deal with the ex's ex. But maybe I'm just crazy.
@august18 (3775)
• Tunisia
Congratulations on cleaning your closet. Me, I' m still struggling.
@sabtraversa (13329)
@august18 I'm not done yet, but I'm taking advantage of the mood of neatness I have, right now. It doesn't happen very often.
@ptrikha_2 (9575)
@sabtraversa yes when we see the things more ordered, we feel relieved!
You will have a sense of accomplishment when done.
@sabtraversa (13329)
@JohnRoberts I already do, and I'm not even half-way.
Nice. I love downsizing and getting rid of things! I also need to address my drawerd for sure.
@sabtraversa (13329)
@maezee I never know where to place things as the drawers are a mess, this was needed, though it's also fun at the same time.
@OneOfMany (12416)
I need to tackle all my cabinets and dressers, but the thought scares me. :P
@sabtraversa (13329)
@OneOfMany It scares you?! But it's fun! I would do that for you, I can be quite nosy sometimes.
@OneOfMany (12416)
@sabtraversa Wear a mask and gloves. Especially when you get near the mouse poop left behind.
@sabtraversa (13329)
@OneOfMany There could be Ebola or Black Plague left somewhere. I like the dirty jobs.
@FayeHazel (19038)
Good luck with the cleaning! A trip down nostalgia lane with those letters. But I don't blame you. I know of some people who search for and keep handwriting of others. Strangers even, like discarded grocery lists etc
@sabtraversa (13329)
@FayeHazel Thanks! I also have a receipt I don't plan to get rid of. It's all about 'sentimental value' though. I'm not sure I would collect grocery lists of people I don't know. Well, I never had the chance, to be honest. Who knows.
@FayeHazel (19038)
@sabtraversa I don't blame you. I used to save soda pop tabs, bottle tops, from sentimental trips. :-) Actually the grocery list thing looked cool how they did this - pasted them in a scrap book, all the different writing , makes you wonder about the lives of the people who wrote them
@sabtraversa (13329)
@FayeHazel Yes, that's why I don't know what I would do. One can treat each piece as a historical find, or whatever.
Have fun cleaning. I did a little too.
@sabtraversa (13329)
@TRBRocks420 I'm so happy there's more space left now. So I can now move the trash and clutter from the drawers to the closets!
I have a tendency to just toss without observing. I probably have tossed a few important things using that method.
@sabtraversa (13329)
@Corbin5 I'm extreme, I sometimes do what you do, but there are times I keep 'trash' because "you never know" or "someone might need this".
@alberello75 (18399)
• Genova, Italy
Excuse me, but this isn't Soptify, it's Youtube.
@sabtraversa (13329)
@alberello75 I wasn't planning to share the whole playlist. Could a playlist on Spotify be shared here via link/URL anyway?
@alberello75 (18399)
• Genova, Italy
@sabtraversa Ok. I understood now. I have a personal channel on Youtube. I uploaded some videos there, taken by me with the smartphone's lens. But NEVER I will have over 1 Million views, where I could get an income.
@sabtraversa (13329)
@alberello75 It's a long way to go, but I don't think it's impossible. You only need a good strategy, perseverance and plenty of luck.
@ptrikha_2 (9575)
When we did a house shifting a few years back, we found things lost since ages in our cupboards and Almirahs. Actually we ought to be setting and arranging things in Almirahs and cupboards more regularly but we fail to do so.
@ptrikha_2 (9575)
@sabtraversa yes I concur!
@Morleyhunt (20296)
I'm cleaning and sorting as I pack for our big move. In a couple of weeks as I unpack I'm sure I'll be culling even more.
@sabtraversa (13329)
@Morleyhunt My parents keep on browsing for houses, I'm getting ready in case they decide to move, so I can take it easy later. Well, congratulations on the big move and good luck with it.
@Morleyhunt (20296)
@sabtraversa thank you. I'm very excited about the move,
@kepweng (17703)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
i Try to Sell my old books in amzon and garage Sale and it extra Bucks
@sabtraversa (13329)
@kepweng I would love to have a garage sale here, but I doubt it'd be successful. While selling old books, I've been considering that. My bookshelf needs to be 'decluttered' as well.
@kepweng (17703)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
@sabtraversa it would be succesful if your price is cheap affordable! and social medias like fb twitter can help too if u Promoted those products
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
You are one of those kids I know who is diligent enough to do their chores (unless there is a chore you hate doing). I like cleaning too, that is when I feel my house is too messed up that I need space to breathe.
@sabtraversa (13329)
@mlgen1037 I love to improve the environment around me. But as a perfectionist, it takes time and makes me kind of obsessed, making sure everything is very neat and clean, so I don't do it very often. It's also more satisfying when you do the big chores, not the little ones.
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
@sabtraversa I agree with you on that. With that being said, I think I need to do a general cleaning of my house.
only thing I have to do is put my clothes away, and do the weekly dishes, laundry and vacuuming.
@sabtraversa (13329)
@Courtlynn It helps to do things on a daily or weekly basis, instead of 'waiting for a season' like I seem to do.
@sabtraversa lol. yeah.
I was like that when i was a teenager. Now that i have kids, i usually spend my Saturday nights de cluttering everything... this way, i got to spend time with my kids and teach them to declutter the things on their school bags.
@sabtraversa (13329)
@MrsPumpkins My mother should have done the same, my school bag was a mess.
@Daelii (5817)
Sounds busy! I'm still in a cleaning, decluttering, and organization mode in my craft room. I swear it won't ever get done. Goal is set by Sunday! Lol
@sabtraversa (13329)
@Daelii Aww, try to get done as much as you can. Step by step, today I only worked on a closet (out of 2) and I act like I did a lot. The bookshelf and the drawers are still there waiting, and I wonder what else.
How come *you* have got these letters?
@sabtraversa (13329)
@MALUSE My boyfriend at the time did some cleaning and found these letters. I was silly enough to ask him the letters instead of throwing them away. I was supposed to throw them away myself, but nope, I still have them.