Uber Eats: Anyone Tried Them

@KrauseHome (35341)
An interesting concept and for those looking for ways to earn some extra money, They deliver food to homes and businesses 24/7. Great way to get food delivered from a number of restauraunts. Something to choose from many different styles of food and price. It is considered a contractor te of position. The only way the drivers earn is thru the Uber Eats ap. They work for themselves with no benefits and guaranteed income and not for everyone. But for people who like to drive and looking for some extra income and be their own boss this is something to consider. Only requirement is owning a car and insurance. You can work your own hours as many or little as you want. Would you consider this or know anyone who has tried it? We have looked onto it and trying it. Interested in more information mesage me or look it up yourself. Moght be that break you are looking for. ~~TINA~~
I would rather do this than regular Uber. Feels slightly safer.
@Daelii (5702)
That's what I was thinking. But if its a payment of cash maybe not! I don't drive so not a job for me! Could be a great thing for people with kids in school.
@KrauseHome (35341)
Yes, you do not have to worry about picking anyone up and fear what type of person they might be, or have them get sick in your car or destroying you car, etc. Don't have to get the extra insurance as well.
@KrauseHome (35341)
@Daelii I do not drive either and never have. My husband is the driver. I am the navigator and this is actually interesting. Today we only did deliveries for an hr and made $16 which is not bad, but the average before this was $10 an hr. We only do it a couple of hrs a day usually.
This is a cool idea. I have never heard of Uber eats before but that is an awesome idea. @Sharon6345 maybe another option for your daughter and son in law?
They have no permanent car.
@sharon6345 oh darn
@shaggin it's ok they are going to figure it out. I have a few friends who drive for undr eats and they are quite disgusted. I know one recently quit. They can't believe how lazy people are to spend $7 to get a $2 and $3 meal. It's not happening for me ever unless I am desperate.
I haven't heard about it. Does sound like an interesting way to earn a little income.
@KrauseHome (35341)
We actually decided to do it starting this last Monday. It has been interesting. I do not drive. I just help navigate. It has been interesting. Usually only do it about 2-3 hrs a day.
@KrauseHome Sounds like an interesting way to earn some extra money.
I have seen people pick up food for Uber Eats. But I personally don't see myself doing this.
@KrauseHome (35341)
I had heard of people doing this like at McDonalds, and seen one person one time picking some up, but never thought it would be anything we would do. It is actually quite enjoyable.
@KrauseHome I see a lot of Uber Eats picking up food here. :) That is nice it is enjoyable for you.
I'm glad this is working for you. I'm not sure if they have it in Australia or not. I guess they probably do.
@KrauseHome (35341)
I am sure Australia has some form of this, if not the actual Uber Eats now as they are everywhere. It is a cool concept.
This little community wouldn't offer that. The population just isn't here. From time to time some restaurants have tried to offer delivery they never stick with it. You can't even get a Domino's pizza delivered here, although they will deliver to a couple of stores that are almost as far away as driving to the pizza place itself.
@KrauseHome (35341)
No there are areas around here, that they are not yet in and some of them are Big enough to offer it. It would not be profitable to offer it in some of the smaller areas as they would not get enough Business from it to make it worth while.
No, I would not consider something like this.
@KrauseHome (35341)
This is not for everyone especially those who are really shh or dont like to drive
@ivanituut (1932)
I'll love to try them especially we're talking about foods hehe
@KrauseHome (35341)
Yes they have a lot of choices depending on where you are