Buddies or Bullies?

@Bluedoll (17075)
The site says make money, make money, make money and make friends? Well this could happen... if you are lucky otherwise what you might find you get ... something else! Having fun is possible for both buddies and bullies though with the latter it is usually only made possible for the aggressor. Being on the receiving end is no fun. This is standard practice for the internet perhaps and how it did make me laugh every time I saw one of those everyone is so friendly on this site posts. Obviously everyone must have been very limited to a selected few, again, count yourself lucky. How does it work? Another popular question on here. First block the person so they can’t see you post (can not comment -edited) then gossip behind their back. Yes and remember to definitely not call them buddy.
@lynnief (984)
Well, I must be one of the "lucky" ones, because I haven't yet encountered any bullies. Mind you, I have only been here for about 5 weeks, and maybe it's just that I have pretty thick skin. I don't pick-and-choose the people I respond to - I'll throw in my two cents worth to any discussion I find interesting. I've had a few sharp answers, and a fairly strong discussion with one guy, but nothing that I would call bullying. And yes, I've met some people that I would be quite happy to be friends with in the "real world."
@Bluedoll (17075)
Do consider then you got a lucky break. I’ve never met anyone after communicating with them on line so I lack experience in this to say anything clearly about it but I might think it could go either way. Can we get to know someone that well online to make a determination that they are a real friend. I don’t know.
@Bluedoll (17075)
It’s a good question. When is gossiping a bully activity and for that matter when is posting gossiping? I do know that if for example, I had something to say about you Lynn to others (don’t) but didn’t want to communicate with you any longer, I could block you and then post about you (not tag though). On my one sided argument post you would not be able to see or comment on it but others members could. It would be easy for my followers to develop a negative outlook towards you and because of the block they would be getting only one side of the story. Mine not yours.
@lynnief (984)
@Bluedoll I guess I look at this online in the same way I would in the real world. If someone wants to say nasty things about me, that's their problem. Those who know me won't believe such things, or will at least check with me about them. Those who just accept them without checking don't know me, and probably are people that I really don't want to know anyway. The gossiper has done me a favour by taking them out of my life.
@Freelanzer (8287)
The internet is open season for bullying. I try to stay away from anything or anyone that would raise my blood pressure just a tad. This is one of my happy places and "bullies" are not allowed and as with any gossip, if I don't see it or hear it, it doesn't exist.
@Bluedoll (17075)
The best way I've found not to read the gossip (if that is what it is) is not to be here.
@Berrygal (2550)
I wonder why a discussion site is full of bullies than buddies
@Bluedoll (17075)
I'm not sure about the number of buddies compared to bullies but am sure both do exist.
• Bucharest, Romania
What? There are bullies on this site too?
@sprite1950 (11318)
• Corsham, England
I haven't really encountered any bullies here but that's probably because of the type of discussions I respond to. There is one person who was a little rude to me when I first came back but now I think she is just blunt and the same to everyone.