Do You Slurp Your Soup?

@jujunme (2414)
For those of you who may not know what slurping is,it is the sound people make when they're eating soup,or drinking a beverage noisily Do you know anyone who slurps so loud you would need earplugs to drown out the sound even if you're not sitting directly opposite or next to them? if you do ,do you tell them to please stop doing this. The reason i ask this is because ,without mentioning names or my relationship to this person i know someone who does this constantly and it drives me crazy.and besides telling them to stop which does no good i don't know what else i can do.
@dgobucks226 (12776)
Not on purpose, ha ha.... Actually I think I'm pretty good on that one. That would definitely be annoying
@jujunme (2414)
i know that sometimes we just can't help making that slurping sound(hopefully when we're alone) but there are those who do this constantly and it is so annoying
@dgobucks226 (12776)
@jujunme Oh yes, I agree. You wonder if they are aware? And if you tell them they will be embarrassed and offended.
@jujunme (2414)
@dgobucks226 I really don't know if they're aware or not or it's just a bad habit. but, , you would think when in public or with other people they would try hard not to do this.
@mlgen1037 (29647)
• Manila, Philippines
If I want to have fun, I will but if it is just normal days, I do not. My grandma in heaven would show herself in my dream give me a slap on my butt.
@jujunme (2414)
Yes, if you are by yourself or for a joke it is funny but,out in public you would probably get a lot of dirty looks and comments .also, my grandma wouldn't like me doing this either
@mlgen1037 (29647)
• Manila, Philippines
@jujunme Exactly. We still need to show proper etiquette and table manner when in public.
@jujunme (2414)
@mlgen1037 i totally agree
@april_ang (576)
Those little things that annoys you but you can do nothing about it.. Hahhaha.. So relatable.. In some culture like in Korea, slurping is considered as you enjoy the food and appreciate the cook.. But in my culture its also considered as a non-polite attitude..
@jujunme (2414)
i'm surprised country';s like Korea think slurping is okay and appreciated it is so impolite and the noise can drive one crazy.
@jujunme maybe you can.watch some K-drama/movies, they does that alot..
@jujunme (2414)
@april_ang No thank you, it's bad enough i know people who do this i don't think i want to hear this in a movie
@caopaopao (11375)
Haha, there is such a person I know like this. But I won't say anything because she is my good friend.
@jujunme (2414)
i know a person who does that as well and because of this i try to ignore the slurping but it's really hard to do.
@caopaopao (11375)
@jujunme It's like a habit.So it may be difficult for him (or her)to overcome.
@Jessabuma (33151)
• Baguio, Philippines
No, I don't.. hehehe!!! That's really annoying!
@jujunme (2414)
Yes it is
@Jessabuma (33151)
• Baguio, Philippines
This is something that also makes me crazy. I cannot understand how some people are so rude to slurp their soup (or drinks) without caring of the others.
@jujunme (2414)
i think it becomes a habit when someone is very young and they just never broke out of it Still, you would think when out in public they should be mindful of others since it is a very rude habit
@jujunme As you say, it becomes a habit, so they do not pay attention, even when they are in public places.
@Chazzygal (439)
• Botswana
i would rather have my soup when its its not too hot to avoid slurping because i know it can be really annoying to those around you..
@jujunme (2414)
i know it's hard not to make a sound while you're eating soup or drinking a beverage, but,some people do it so loud it can drive you crazy.
• Botswana
@jujunme i know ey and it can really be annoying
@1hopefulman (30271)
The solution is simple. Don't give them any soup anymore.
@jujunme (2414)
or water. juice, soda ,coffee tea and so on.....
@rubyriaz007 (4127)
Yes, sometimes I slurp my soup. I don't do it purposely.
@jujunme (2414)
You should be careful,especially if you're out in public,since most people tend to find slurping very annoying .