Dragon Fruit Fanatic

@renicemae (3352)
I just bought my Dragon Fruit in a farm recently and am very excited to plant it in the garden but unfortunately I can't plant them there because my in laws will get angry. So I decided to put them on a pot instead I'll work on them this weekend. No one can stop me Do you eat dragon fruits? It's good for our body and it's somewhat herbal too as what other people say.
@mlgen1037 (29654)
• Manila, Philippines
Yes, I do eat those and my parents do too.
@renicemae (3352)
That;s good to hear. How much does it cost in your place?
@mlgen1037 (29654)
• Manila, Philippines
@renicemae I do not know, Janice. My mom and dad buy it. I never asked for it. But when we were in Vietname it costs around 100 Dong or Php 200.
@renicemae (3352)
@mlgen1037 I see. I think it's more expensive in Vietnam. In my place it ranges from 50 to 200 plus pesos depending on its weight.
@Jessabuma (28425)
• Baguio, Philippines
Yes I do.. I love to eat dragon fruit..
@renicemae (3352)
I like it too and it's good in our health. Aside from the fruit, there are also jams and juices sold in the market but haven't tried it yet. Have you?
@Jessabuma (28425)
• Baguio, Philippines
@renicemae no not yet also, but I would love to try it
@renicemae (3352)
@Jessabuma How much does it cost in your place?
I had tried to eat some. However, it is quite expensive in my place. If I have the chance, I will have one.
@renicemae (3352)
Yes it is expensive in our place,. That is one of the reasons why I wanted to grow some in my garden (though I dont have one yet that's why I'm planting it on a pot for now). It's a good business. If only I have a land I can call my own.
@renicemae Is this fruit can be planted in a cold place? If it is, then I will have them in the backyard. I agree it is a good business.
@renicemae (3352)
@Shavkat It's better planting it in a place where the sunlight is readily available. It's still a cactus so it preferes hot places. But I think it will still grow in a cold place as long as you take care of it.
@yani73 (715)
• Pakanbaru, Indonesia
yes i like red dragon fruit
@renicemae (3352)
Have you tasted the white dragon fruit? I have not yet.
@yani73 (715)
• Pakanbaru, Indonesia
@renicemae not yet but i feel red dragon fruit better than sweet taste
@renicemae (3352)
@yani73 I see. I just hope I can taste a white dragon fruit soon
@Anne88 (328)
• Canlubang, Philippines
Yes we have. My sister took my mom to a Dragon Fruit farm last year and they brought home 3 kinds of cuttings. We place ours in a big pot, too. Now the leaves are all branching out. Can't wait for them to bear fruits.
@renicemae (3352)
Wow that sounds exciting. How many cuttings did you plant in a pot?
@Anne88 (328)
• Canlubang, Philippines
@renicemae My mom did 1 cutting per pot. We did not want to get them crowded. They grow fast.
@renicemae (3352)
@Anne88 I see. My seller told me that 3 to 4 cuttings can be put in a pole but since I'll be planting it in a pot for now, then I guess I'll do it like yours.
no i havent tried it but i might sometime
@renicemae (3352)
You should try it some time when you see it in the grocery
@Inlemay (16548)
• South Africa
I had a dragon fruit for the first time a while ago but I found it had no real taste. I was very dear in my country so I will stick to eating grapes and mango's rather
@renicemae (3352)
I see. There are a lot of varieties when it comes to mangoes. It's our national fruit by the way
@Teep11 (7067)
In Miami there are lots of fruit trees. So many really enjoy the mangoes. Great!
@renicemae (3352)
I see. I bet mangoes are very expensive in your place, am i right?
Glad you figured out that putting the dragon fruit in a pot will work for you. I have never eaten dragon fruit.
@renicemae (3352)
Some people doesn't like its taste though but I like it. And it's the first plant that I really wanted to grow. I hope you could try it soon