Laptop vs. tower

from pixabay
@Paradon (2080)
Pattaya, Thailand
About four months ago my tower finally gave up the ghost or whatever it is that keeps them active. Because I enjoy watching YouTube programs I decided to go with a laptop because of its mobility. Only a few minutes and I can move it from my computer place to a location close to my bed. The only problem I had and did not know of its existence is that the keyboard is overly sensitive and does what it wants whenever it wants. In fact, yesterday I started this discussion about five times only to have it disappear! So I just came back from Lotus with as keyboard and everything is working like it should once more!
I still use my desktop most of the time. For serious work a big screen and a full keyboard is a necessity.
@Icydoll (24717)
Yeah Anna for serious work a big screen is definitely necessary.
@Icydoll Even a full keyboard, it is a pain to type on those little keyboards, especially if you use languages that need accents.
@1hopefulman (32558)
So now the laptop is as good as a tower?
@Paradon (2080)
• Pattaya, Thailand
Yes, Felix, in fact, in some ways it is better!
@1hopefulman (32558)
@Paradon Good to know as I will soon be needing to replace my computer. So you suggest to also get a regular keyboard to use with the laptop?
@Paradon (2080)
• Pattaya, Thailand
@1hopefulman I suppose it depends on how much you type, Felix, but for a few dollars I feel as it is well worth it.
@iridion9 (10207)
laptop is better because it consumes small amount of electricity. but there are mini desktop pc that consumes small amount of electricity as well.
@Paradon (2080)
• Pattaya, Thailand
Thanks for the info, iridon9! Unfortunately, at this stage of my life mini anything and I do't get along anymore. Happily my average monthly electricity bill come only to about US$15!
@iridion9 (10207)
@Paradon So what gadget did you used in mylotting?
@Paradon (2080)
• Pattaya, Thailand
@iridion9 Actually, I just started here again a day or so ago..
@JESSY3236 (7294)
I use a desktop.I love it. I have used my mother's, my uncle's, and my fiance's laptops before. I don't like using a laptop because I can't control the mouse good. When I got my wireless mouse, I use it on my mother's and my fiance's laptops.