Do you know how to draw?

@iridion9 (10780)
Do we have members here who knows how to draw? For example if I'll give you a real photo like a car. And I need you to copy and draw it black and white. can you do it?
@owlwings (39872)
• Cambridge, England
Yes, I know how to draw but I can't say that I'm very good at it. It's reasonably easy to copy from a photo and to reproduce it in black and white. One might first draw a grid of squares on the photo and, likewise, on the paper to help with keeping the proportions accurate, especially if the drawing is to be a different size from the photo. Then one only has to sketch the outlines of the image in each corresponding square. After that one can erase the grid lines and finish the drawing by adding the details and shading.
@iridion9 (10780)
How do you draw using your mouse? or pencil and scan it to upload in the internet?
@owlwings (39872)
• Cambridge, England
@iridion9 I'm talking about using a traditional paper and graphite pencil or pen and Indian ink. If I wanted to draw digitally, I'd use a graphics tablet and stylus and proper painting software, NEVER a mouse!!!
@iridion9 (10780)
@owlwings very nice opinion
@mohit459 (12017)
• Haldwani, India
Yep...I can ... But I'm good ... Not too good
@Jessabuma (33167)
• Baguio, Philippines
No, hehehe!!! I am not really a fan of art...
@mandala100 (52476)
@iridion9 I"m not that artistic my friend.
@Anne88 (327)
• Canlubang, Philippines
I do not know how to draw from my own imagination but when I copy something I can draw it. I sometimes need to draw when I make worksheets for my children as their reviewers in school. Somehow, I think it helps develop my artistic abilities.
@AKRao24 (21388)
Though I am a Cartoonist and I know to sketch cartoons I am not keen in drawing those types of sketches whicj I know can be drawn by using grid method (that is by making squares) ! Thanks @iridion9
@porwest (8380)
I cannot draw. My forte is writing, and playing guitar, and even when it comes to the latter, I think I am a much better writer than guitar player. Certainly if I were to quantify both of those talents I have, I have made quite a lot more money from my writing than I ever made writing music and playing guitar.
@iridion9 (10780)
Oooh so you are a writer? which site you work?
@porwest (8380)
@iridion9 As far as sites go I of course do this site, but I don't necessarily classify this as 'writing' per se. It's a form of it. I also have blogs, and occasionally go back into HubPages, but it's rare that I am ever there. And then I write books.
@Icydoll (25958)
Yeah I can do it..with pencil sketching..I like pencil sketchings
@iridion9 (10780)
Really? Can you show us samples of your artwork?
@Icydoll (25958)
@iridion9 you can see in my discussions
@Paradon (2080)
• Pattaya, Thailand
It is easier for me to take a picture or go to pixabay! I don't want our Admin to add to the FAX. No drawings by Richard allowed!
@iridion9 (10780)
pixabay is very limited
@Paradon (2080)
• Pattaya, Thailand
@iridion9 Yes, but not as limited as me!
I am not expert. But I can draw.
@iridion9 (10780)
What tools/device you use for drawing?
@iridion9 pencil.
@ivanituut (1922)
I'm not really that artistic my friend
@iridion9 (10780)
no worries it's fine.
@ivanituut (1922)
@iridion9 yes thank you for your consideration
@flpoolbum (2918)
My drawing is limited to stick people.
@flpoolbum (2918)
• Lodi, California
The old masters that didn't have photography had to develop their visual talents from scratch! Caravaggio is one of my favorite painters that developed incredible studies of light and shadow. He's incredibly important to artists in fine arts and in photography. Hypothetically, if I had to draw something like a car, I think I would look up a photo and try to draw it freehand using charcoal. Then a charcoal pencil to define. If more detail or color was needed, I would probably use pens or markers. If I were to use digital drawing, I would probably use Photoshop. Create a layer for the photo and a different layer above it to sketch out the outline. Having different layers for every step in making a drawing in Photoshop is great because you can hide one layer and focus on each part individually. For example, the outline, color, shadow, light... etc. Adobe Illustrator is also a great tool for digital art. Like Mr O. mentioned, never use a mouse. Personally, I have a little Wacom connected to my computer. I use it to draw and sometimes as a mouse to move the cursor. It was like $75 at Best Buy and I love it.
@iridion9 (10780)
very informative
• New Delhi, India
Ask someone in your friend circle to draw if that particular friend of yours is an artist.
@iridion9 (10780)
I will try.
@dya80dya (6340)
I am not good at drawing.
@iridion9 (10780)
that's okay
I have no artistic talent whatsoever.
@iridion9 (10780)
ha ha ha LOL
A sketch of James Bond.
I draw okay I think - but I prefer drawing people.
@iridion9 (10780)
Oh your work of art is good. But you need a very white paper to draw your artwork because it's a little blurred.
@SRSaba (1017)
• Chennai, India
yes! u also able to do it! get pic in 8 pieces and slightly drawing it one by one and then dark it. you will get better drawing now! try it!
@Maecast (21)
• Afghanistan
No. Haha but I'm a frustrated artist. I like it but all of my drawings were still WIP (working in progress) for a year.
@mlgen1037 (29623)
• Manila, Philippines
Not me. All I can do is draw a stick person.