He jumped a good three feet...

Good morning MyLot friends. I got to sleep in for a change, I slept in until a quarter of 9 this morning. I guess I slept late because I worked hard in my dreams. I have the weeds on my lot that are worrying me so I guess I bite the bullet and go chop them down on Monday. While I was getting ready to post on the Lot, my cat Petey was ambling by thinking thoughts of his breakfast and a nap, after all he was out all night, when I felt a sneeze coming on. I grabbed a kleenex in a hurry and covered my nose just in time. Instead of a dainty achoo like ladies usually do, I let blast with a sneeze that sounded like an elephant trumpeting in the forest. Petey, who was still lost in his thoughts of breakfast was startled and jumped a good three feet straight up and then raced for cover. He's still in hiding waiting for the "elephant" to come charging through.
that has happened here when someone sneezes and the dog practically jumps out of his skin
We had a royal standard poodle that would piddle on the floor every time my father sneezed. My father would sneeze huge sneezes that would put mine to shame. His sneezes would rattle the windows! The dog adored my father, he just couldn't get over the fear of hearing father sneeze. We really went through the paper towels and cleaning fluids.
My husband sneezes our dog Molly right out of the house. She bolts out the doggy door every time he sneezes. Poor critters sure can be startled by a sneeze.
It's been a long time since I've sneezed like that. These darned allergies are killing me! I am allergic to the pollen that the oak trees give off in the spring and Bill has oak trees all around his house. I usually have a little pair of "snorks" when I sneeze which doesn't bother Petey, this is the first, full blown, from the bottom of my toes, sneeze that Petey has ever heard. Poor guy! I found him in my room under one of the dressers with his eyes wide open and his pupils dilated. All he wanted to do was go outside and get away from the creature that made that sound.
@BearArtistLady Oh, Poor Petey. Hope he gets used to your sneezes. Allergies are going strong here too.
@Corbin5 I was talking to one of my neighbors and she's suffering bad too. It doesn't help that we have a tree trimmer in trimming ALL the trees disrupting all kinds of pollens here so my nose, eyes and while face itch like fury! I'm living on allergy tablets and asthma meds...and hoping I don't sneeze. If gladly have the doctor surgically turn my nose up side down but the results from one of my sneezes would be awful to clean up, and the stuff coming out would rival Old Faithful. So I guess I just get to suffer for another month and a half.
that is a good one. My cat Sid is the same way. Especially now when it is just the two of us and usually the house is very quiet when I do sneeze he is up and looking about at what is going to happen next. Sid understands and sends Petey his sincerest meows.
Petey sends his sincerest meow back along with a big thank you for understanding. Today on our ride Petey was extremely careful! If there was a new noise he would get off the golf cart and hide deep in the bushes where it was safe. That's highly unusual for him!!! That sneeze really spooked the poor guy. I'll have to sit down with him in the morning and really expat about the sneeze.
Poor Petey. I would have had to laugh too though. Their leap when frightened is so instantaneous isn't it?