Do you like Meatloaf?

@LeaPea2417 (21596)
Toccoa, Georgia
I always liked to eat meatloaf. My Mom made it tasty , she used an oven to bake it. I made it and used a crock pot recipe that I had. Always, there were left overs and one thing we all liked to do with left over meatloaf was make meatloaf sandwiches, just take two pieces of bread put some mayo on each slice and then put a piece of cold left over meat loaf in between and it sure was good.
I used to love mom's meat loaf, she had a knack for cooking tasty meals ..... if only I had that talent, ohhhhh welll.
@LeaPea2417 (21596)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, my Moms was better than mine.
@rebelann, My Mom was such a good cook. I so miss her!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I was never a big fan of it. But I actually do enjoy it with mashed potatoes with lots of butter.
@LeaPea2417 (21596)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That sounds good with mashed potatoes.
@cintol (7659)
I have never been able to eat meatloaf, don't know if it is the mixture of the ingredients or what but literally made me throw up. My mom would just make me a hamburger pattie when she made it, but one night my dad told her to make my pattie out of meatloaf. Said it was all in my head, but first bite my stomach started turning, he told me keep eating and when I threw up on the table he decided I wasn't making it up. Never ate it again
@LeaPea2417 (21596)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Sorry you had that experience.
I was never wild about it and had to put lots of ketchup on it.
@LeaPea2417 (21596)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, ketchup is good on it.
I love meatloaf too! I never made it as my sister uses my mom's recipe and always makes me one when she cooks hers at home. Then she freezes it until she comes to my house. Do you make it all beef? I was talking to my aunt about it, and she never heard of the way my mom made it which was a mixture of both ground beef and ground pork. I put mustard on my meatloaf sandwiches
@LeaPea2417 (21596)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, my Mom and I always have used all beef. Mustard sounds good to add to the sandwiches.
@LeaPea2417 I think your way of adding mayonnaise to then sounds great also! Do you add any other toppings to meatloaf sandwiches with the mayonnaise? I am going to defrost a half maybe this week and may try it with mayonnaise.
@LeaPea2417 (21596)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@Marty1 Ketchup is a good topping.
We don't have meatloaf that often anymore, maybe 1 time every 2 months. But we used to have it once a week for years. My mom / I use my great-grandmothers simple recipe of just egg, seasoning, hamburg, and the bread crumbs. It's simple, cheap to make, and taste good. Even if its just a loafed meatball as my bf calls it. plus its a 4 generation thing!
@LeaPea2417 (21596)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is nice to use your recipes from your past.
@LeaPea2417 only way we'll have it.
@Courage7 (12040)
I am making it in a few minutes. I already have it mixed and sitting in the fridge..I will bake it in a bit.
@LeaPea2417 (21596)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Enjoy.
@Courage7 (12040)
@LeaPea2417 It was tasty thanks
@wolfgirl569 (8548)
• Marion, Ohio
I didnt like it much as a kid, but as I got older I do
@LeaPea2417 (21596)
• Toccoa, Georgia
It is funny how our tastes change as we age. As a kid, I hated broccoli, but now I like it.
• Marion, Ohio
@LeaPea2417 Still dont like that one, But also remember not eating soup beans and ham, Now I love it
I am not a fan of it but I eat when it's served to me. I used to buy Spam or other brand canned meatloaf. My OB told me to avoid meat as much as possible especially canned meat.
@LeaPea2417 (21596)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I like Spam.
I love the leftovers better and make sandwiches with them. Just a bit of Hellman's mayo.
@LeaPea2417 (21596)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is a good brand of mayo.
@AKRao24 (20684)
Wow that sounds great and I am sure that must be yummy one! I liked the way you make your sandwich which i think I also would enjoy like you as I am a lover of meat! Thanks @LeaPea2417!
@LeaPea2417 (21596)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Your welcome.
@kepweng (17787)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
nope cause the taste is awful i prefer ham
@Ronrybs (7392)
• London, England
I thought we were going to be talking about the singer! I do enjoy a good meatloaf, especially with a little chili added
@LeaPea2417 I have not made meatloaf in ages. I liked it.
yes i like meatloaf in hot fried rice or in breads
Another thing I loved and miss here. The quality of ground beef somehow does not translate. When my late husband was around I tried several meatloaf recipes but something always got lost in the translation. Another thing to look forward to once I get back home.