That's over done

@ElicBxn (60894)
Back on April 1st, the wife cooked some boneless beef ribs. "I'll put them in low and cook them all day, low and slow," she said. And she did. And when they came out I found them tough, dry and tasteless. Now, part of the problem is that I have been having a problem with my mouth. I didn't know what it was, but I think it is Burning Mouth Syndrome. Nothing on the plate tasted good, it all hurt, but the absolute worst was the tough, dry meat. So, she bought some more of these ribs because I couldn't eat any of the other ones. "I'll start it a bit later," she suggested. I went in and told her. "Part of the problem with those ribs were that there wasn't any moisture left in them." Now, I like my meat done medium rare, but started asking for my steaks rare when they were coming out medium well instead of medium rare. She likes hers done medium well to well. I will eat meat to medium well, but I don't enjoy them nearly as much, so why should I have to? She said that she will bake them only an hour instead today, that should be cooked long enough for her to enjoy them without turning them into tasteless jerky. (Yes, I've had jerky, and good jerky isn't tasteless, its salty, peppery and smokey.) I hope that between having my mouth not hurting and not turning the meat into shoe leather, I can eat them this time.
This content does not have an English version. This content does not have an Arabic version. Menu Search Request an Appointment Print DiagnosisThere's no one test that can determine if you have burning mouth syndrome. Instead, your doctor or dentist will t
I never heard of this but it sounds quite uncomfortable.
@ElicBxn (60894)
It is. There were a few days when thin soup and protein shakes were all I could handle.
That is a syndrome that could be quite uncomfortable, and frustrating, I would think.
@ElicBxn (60894)
Yes and this has been going on, off and on, for 3 or so years. I'm into my 3rd week mostly pain free now, a little irritation on my tongue, but not so I can't eat.
@ElicBxn So glad you can eat despite the bit of irritation.
@ElicBxn (60894)
@Corbin5 I can eat with my mouth like it is now, but like it was back at the first of the month - that was a whole other level of discomfort.
I don't think I had ever heard of that before.
@ElicBxn (60894)
I hadn't either until I followed a link for things you've never heard of. The next time it gets bad I'm going to take the description and go to the doctor with it I guess. I hope in a long time from now...