We thought it was a great day until mom found out that there was a mistake with the receipt that the bank teller gave to us.

@annierose (17805)
Mom and I went to the bank during the morning to renew our Time Deposit and to deposit our savings for the last month. We spent 1.5 hours in the bank because the bank teller who accommodated us seems to be new on the job. There was a need for other person to assist her and while they were doing their things, I admit that I feel sleepy. Everything was slow. After the bank transaction, we went to another bank for atm renewal. There was a long queue and those who arrived in the afternoon were asked to return for the next day because they would no longer be accommodated. Mom and I were thankful that we received our new atm cards and there was no need to go back there in the morning. Then, when mom asked me for our passbooks in the bank that we visited early in the morning, she was shocked to see that the amount she gave to the bank teller was not the amount shown in the receipt. I asked mom if she was sure of the amount of money and she said yes. I asked her if the bank teller counted the money and she said the bank teller just gave the money to another clerk. I told mom we should go back to the bank tomorrow morning to discuss about the money she deposited but we are not sure of what would be the result. Mom is so frustrated and she told me she might not be able to sleep because of what happened.
I am sorry your mom went through that. By any chance is she in need of help with those things. Most people count their money and check the statement at the window. Most places won't do anything after you leave. I wish her the best.
@annierose (17805)
That is my worry as well. She told me that she will deposit that certain amount and I know my mom as always being true to what she tells me. When mom told the problem to me this evening, I immediately checked her phone to check if the bank teller sent a message about the money but no messages from them.
@annierose That could help you if that was required. I am hoping she will get it resolved. It's not a good thing to worry like that. and overnight it's horrible.
@annierose (17805)
@sharon6345 I hope mom will just sleep and try to forget it this night but I know my mom. If she has a problem, she really cannot sleep. She needs to solve it soon or else it will always keep on bothering her. She is so frustrated now.
@mlgen1037 (29641)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi Curl Ann. Did you call the bank call center to report the incident? I wonder how the teller is able to balance her money if she has that discrepancy. Her input in the system and her actual money will not match if she there is a mistake.
@annierose (17805)
Not yet. Mom just found out about it this evening. We are going to the bank tomorrow morning. I hope everything will be okay.
@mlgen1037 (29641)
• Manila, Philippines
@annierose I see. Usually, we call the client when we see the discrepancy. Either the teller did not check see the discrepancy or something else. But better to have it checked.
@annierose (17805)
@mlgen1037 Thank you Louise. It is okay now.
I am so sorry this happened to your mom. Yes, going back to the bank to straighten this out is the thing to do now.
@annierose (17805)
@Corbin, Yes, she complained about her old age. She said it is not advisable for her to go to bank alone anymore because it is now too difficult to talk with people.
@annierose It really is harder to understand things as we get older.
@annierose (17805)
@Corbin5 I think so. Things get complicated unlike we were just kids.
I hope you're able to sort this out. Hopefully the bank amounts would not tally at the end of the day and they would realise they made a mistake.
@annierose (17805)
@JudyEv, Yes, everything is okay now. I just felt so sorry with mom yesterday. She was so frustrated and she was not able to sleep.
@annierose It is awful to think that perhaps you've lost some money through no fault of your own.
@annierose (17805)
@JudyEv Yes, that is true. I understand mom's feelings.
@august18 (3087)
• Tunisia
That is very sad. If I were your mom, I would die on the spot. Novice tellers are always like this.
@annierose (17805)
@august18 Oh, lucky that my mom did not die on the spot. She was just so frustrated yesterday. But all is well now.