Took A Night Off

Last night I took off from the online world. I turned the computer off around 2 pm and left it off. I took a break. For the most part I watched movies that were on HBO and Cinimax, we had those channels free for a few days, most of them silly comedies that made me laugh, "dinner for schmucks" was one of the best stupid movies I have seen in a while, I did laugh a lot. Earlier in the day I cleaned off the deck, its where I do a lot of re-potting plants and I hang out. I also put a wire shelf out there from the greenhouse, I took all my vegetable plants outside it to harden them off so I can plant them in a week or so in full sun, in the field. I took my house plants outside, I don`t have many anymore. Seems I have lost my love for them, at the moment, usually I would have a couple dozen more made by rooting cuttings, this year I did not do a single cutting. Maybe I have grown out of that part of life, it does happen. But here I am back and good as new. How is your day going?
@mlgen1037 (16205)
• Manila, Philippines
We understand, Andria. Sometimes it is nice to have a cozy day and not thinking of anything jsut be back to reality. My day is about to end as I need to sleep in a while. But I had a busy day today. Take care always.
Sleep well!
@mlgen1037 (16205)
• Manila, Philippines
@andriaperry Thank you, Andria.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
We have had our tomatoes outside for a few days and will plant them near the cantaloupe soon.
I have tomatoes planted in the flower bed, but these are the new ones. I plant in stages to always have food growing.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@andriaperry how should I start my carrots? They're just seeds.
Glad you got away from technology and took care of other things. Electrician coming today. We are not good at electrical repairs.
Oh me either, I leave that to a professional.
So far my day is going well. Isn't it nice that the weather is finally getting nice enough to be able to bring your plants outside! I'm loving this beautiful weather
YES! and staying stable.
1 more hour of work left.
YAY!
• Riga, Latvia
Sometimes we need a break. I know when my PC is off it seems I have left the world outside my door. Just catching up on stuff on my PC today. Hope you have a great rest of your day as mine is at an end.
Goodnight. Its strange we get online to escape reality and then when we go back its all good again.
@PatZAnthony (12343)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Taking a break from the online world is always a good idea. Maybe we should all do this a bit more often @andriaperry
I`m not online all day anyways, that would be impossible and work 2 jobs and keep up the homestead. a couple hours a day for me.
It's nice to unplug sometimes
It is, but I am not online all day anyways, or tote a phone with internet, it was nice.
It's good to resist temptation and take time off being online.
I really was not temped. I enjoyed t.v.
I usualIy feel revitalized and ready to go after taking a break.
@andriaperry I am glad you took a night off. I hope you had a good time.
@Ithink (10715)
It was alright, I felt a little off but cleaned a little and did school, cant wait to school is over that is for sure. I think I felt blah as our weather was so nice yesterday and today not so much. There is tomorrow thou .. that is a plus.
Good to see you back again and, it's been mostly good.
@aureliah (13943)
Its always to take a break when you can and just be yourself. Sometimes I even put my phone on airplane mode and just be myself
• Marion, Kansas
You may be off of houseplants due to being so busy. I do not have just the right space anymore, so mine suffer in the winter. You were busy, you needed the time off.
I'm glad you're having better weather now. It is colder at nights here and next time I change the bed I'll be putting on the flannelette sheets.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
I'm in my motel room mylotting. I need to run down and close the vents in my minivan.
@rakski (8739)
I do agree with you that at times we have to turn the gadgets off and enjoy the laid back life
@Courage7 (5534)
Day is lazy..its snowing and I am relaxing'and its great Have a good one Andria
No planting till after Memorial Day