All I want to know about sharks

@vandana7 (64839)
My fear of sharks is acquired ... The sharks I dissected in college were just 1 feet in length, and babies, and single, and most importantly DEAD. LOL So I never thought of sharks as huge things till I saw Jaws. Most important scene I recall in it is Robert Shaw's death. I have tried to convince me that Sharks do not have sufficient brain to do all what was shown there. (Nor do snakes). But I may be wrong. Not going to personally confirm that. All I can say is I could pee in my pants if I ever spotted one... So have you all ever been near a shark and do they bite even when they are NOT HUNGRY? How do you know whether they are or not hungry...sigh. I wanted to see Japan. But I read about the crew of USS Indianapolis. So my doubts were, what is the point for shark to eat live meat...when half of it will fall off. It does not have plate or hands... Do sharks eat dead meat...they may be..after all the meat being thrown at them in aquariums is dead meat. Can sharks hear the screams...logically unlikely...at our level of sounds. Do they notice movements and attack...is it fear..or do they attack based on blocking of light... So would dead humans be devoured by them like vultures.
They notice movement and, attack things that move thinking we are a seal or dolphin, also Great Whites can get 20 feet long.
@vandana7 (64839)
Aw... so it is better to be still when they are around?
@vandana7 I don't think that would work either, because they can see and, smell too, best not to go in the ocean lol.
@vandana7 (64839)
@TRBRocks420 If we could record something that they are scared of, something that is not audible to us, but audible to them, and wear it on us, when we are diving, would it help? Similarly something that repulses them smell wise, which we don't know. There must be. Or have a different type of light that scares them..blindfolds them..have swimming suits made of them..
• Calgary, Alberta
Sharks are not really that harmful. In fact they rarely attack humans and dolphins are actually worst because they are rapist. I am not kidding you can search about, Dolphins are rapists.Sharks can actually be friendly. That movie jaws painted them in a negative light.
Got this in an email. In no way does it belong to me, I couldn't find it searching on Youtube so thought i'd upload it. Makes you think of sharks in a comple...
@vandana7 (64839)
They do seem docile here, but I can't forget the USS Indianapolis and Jaws.
• Calgary, Alberta
@vandana7 People started killing sharks because of the Jaws movie. They are actually important for the ocean.They eat sick fishes so only the strong fishes gets to reproduce. They keep fish populations healthy.
@crossbones27 (19579)
• Redlands, California
Most people that get bit are just sharks being curious and obviously have to use their mouths to check, but problem is teeth are so sharp that it messes people up pretty bad.
@vandana7 (64839)
They sure are not eating humans apparently as they could have found better way to hold on to their prey. Yeah..teeth are sharp...could we mess with their hearing or visuals...or sense of smell instead?
• Redlands, California
@vandana7 Yeah that is part of it also. Mistaken identity because apparently sharks do not prefer us as food and would rather have their fishies.
@iridion9 (7217)
I thought you were referring to an investor. And then when I read your post it's a literal shark lol
@vandana7 (64839)
Ha ha..lol. No..it is literal sharks...I want to get over my fear for them. LOL