My favorite day of the week is Thursday, what is yours?

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Almost everybody had a favorite day of the week. My favorite day of the week is each Thursday. There is a reason for that. I go every Thursday to volunteer for about 2 hours each week at the library. Last week the librarians told me I am their best volunteer and help them so much. They are always thanking me for the help I give them. This volunteering is the best thing to ever happen to me I love all the workers who are all so sweet and kind! Do you have a favorite day of the week?? Do you have a reason for that day being a favorite?
I'm sure you are a great deal of help at the library. Many of these places would be battling to cope if it weren't for volunteers like yourself. I don't really have a favourite day of the week. Most days are good ones.
Yesterday I had to put away a whole cart of books! I love to do that as I find so many new authors that way! I think I am helping as they thanked me again yesterday!
@Marty1 If I had a cartload of books to put away, I might be tempted to start reading one then the books would never get returned to the shelves!
@JudyEv I asked, and i get to put books aside that I want to check out! I have to watch myself, or i would have to hire a moving truck to carry the books home!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Not really. I mean im pretty fond of every other Wednesday but that's because it's pay day.
That is a much, much better day as it involves money. You are getting rewarded for all your hard work!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Marty1 I wish they rewarded me more sometimes.lol
@thislittlepennyearns You do deserve to be rewarded more!
@mlgen1037 (29654)
• Manila, Philippines
I miss going to the Library. Hmpp... But my favorite day is a Sunday. I get to be with my family and we do groceries and go to church.
It is always a good day any day of the week to be with family. I see my family if I see them the week on a Saturday usually unless it is a holiday like Easter that falls on a Sunday
@mlgen1037 (29654)
• Manila, Philippines
@Marty1 Hihi. It is only on Sundays that I get to see my other siblings.
@mlgen1037 I only see my one sibling on Saturdays, but not every week. I will be going on my second weekend without seeing her this weekend. I will see my uncle this Saturday as he is driving me to my book club.
@FayeHazel (18028)
Oh that's cool! What kinds of things do you do at the library? They sound like great people there. I don't have a favorite - I try to make each day something to look forward to. Monday is dance, Tuesday is my at home day, Wednesday is either bar bingo or outdoor concert, Thursday is sometimes another dance class, Friday is the weekend - usually something fun going on Fri, Sat, and Sun. sometimes I go out with a friend :-)
It sounds like you have a productive week! I usually put books back on the shelves and something called "reading the shelves" which means I have to make sure all the books are in the spot they should be. i also helped get envelopes ready for a huge fundraiser a few months ago. I love being there and helping out!
@FayeHazel (18028)
@Marty1 Ah yes, I like keeping busy. the reading the shelves bit sounds tricky. Bless you for your helping heart
@FayeHazel Reading the shelves is only a little tricky on the nonfiction shelves which goes by numbers but still fun! The fiction is easier as it goes by the author's name. But with these books when the author wrote more than one book, the books have to be put on the alphabetically by the titles. That gets a bit tricky with authors like Stephen King who have written so many books
That sounds awesome. My plans are never consistent since my days off change. I hope you have fun at the library today!
Thank you! i will have a great time as it is so wonderful going to it on that day.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
At this point I have mo favourite day of the week. I enjoy life.....every day.
I love Thursday, but I do love being alive and try to live life to the fullest each day
@dodo19 (32873)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Not sure if I really have a favourite day of the week. I do kind of like Fridays.
I like Friday's too! I would love the weekend, but the problem is that all my weekday TV shows aren't on during the weekend. So I do like Friday, and I get t see them but dread I know the will not be on for two days after that.
@dodo19 (32873)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Marty1 It does seem as though most of the good shows are on during the week. Not as many interesting things to watch during the weekend.
@dodo19 I agree, but I put a lot of shows on DVR each time they air so, i do get some good shows on the weekend but, not all my shows though
@ridingbet (53060)
when i was on duty, my favorite weekday is Wednesday because it is my off day. although Wednesday is almost always my day of check-up with my doctor, i am still happy because i can wake up late in the morning
I see my psychiatrist's nurse every two Wednesday's for an injection, so I know what it is like seeing a doctor (or nurse in my case) so often
@ridingbet (53060)
@Marty1 oh really? so, if it is Wednesday, it is the day for a health worker's visit to you, or you visiting your doctor.
@ridingbet THis is every two weeks, and i visit my psychiatrist's office and see his nurse who gives me the injection and takes my blood pressure and weighs me and writes it down each time. Then we talk about my mental health symptoms
I am so glad you are still doing this and enjoying it so much. It is obvious they enjoy having you there as well! I don't really have a favorite day of the week. I like the weekends because then I don't have to do any cyber school with me son and can usually relax more.
Weekends are relaxing. I am busy half of this weekend as it is my book club day again! I am looking forward to it; i hate waiting so many hours for it as I woke up at midnight today I don't have to go until late morning! I do love my volunteering it is the best thing that ever happened to me!
@Marty1 I wanted to help with a garbage clean up event this weekend but I am a bit to weak today and suspect I better just stay home tomorrow and rest up as well.
@shaggin Will you have another opportunity to participate in a garbage clean up? Did you stay home and rest or go to the cleanup? My sister and her husband go to do that frequently at a park near their home for the Boy Scouts as my nephew is one!
@epiffanie (10466)
I used to do volunteering work on Saturdays so I enjoyed it so much .. But my favourite day is pay day.. it can be any day..
What kind of place did you volunteer? Payday is good anytime! Just wish there were more days one gets paid each week!
@epiffanie (10466)
@Marty1 there's a 150 something years old mansion here owned by the council and I volunteered there to assist the guests in the costume program ..
@epiffanie (10466)
@Marty1 Oh how sad for the religious community to die out because of their beliefs .. But it would be great to see the remains of their village ..
That's a very good reason to love Thursday. My favorite day has always been Friday.
Is there a reason Friday is your favorite day? I just love volunteering at the library!
@Marty1 It goes way back to when I was in third grade. On Fridays I went downtown by myself on a bus for piano lessons and a soda, took the bus home to Sabbath dinner with my family, and watched TV with them. The house smelled delicious from the lemon oil and Jubilee the cleaning lady used and the chicken soup, roast chicken and roasted potatoes my mother cooked. It was a warm and loving feeling that is ingrained in me to this day.
@DianneN Sounds like you have a great memory of that time. I don't have many memories like that. Does your mother still cook all that great sounding food for the Sabbath?
@RubyHawk (25355)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Hi Jennifer. I've missed you. It's good to find you doing so well. I've never worked there but the library is my favorite place. I spend a lot of time there.
I have missed you so much. I am glad you are back!!! i too love being in the library! I have been having the best time of my life in the library helping out. I am told I am the best volunteer they have!
@RubyHawk (25355)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Marty1 That's wonderful. I knew you could do it. I'm so proud of you.
@RubyHawk thank you for being proud of me! Just a year ago i could never have done it!
@Daelii (5635)
That has to be rewarding! I love Fridays! It kicks off weekend with all my kids!
That is the best reason to like Friday's! Any plans your children have shared wi5h you about how you are celebrating mother's day? Happy Mother's day to you!
@Daelii (5635)
@Marty1 I'm not really allowed to plan that! My kids have requested to be the decision makers! lol
@Daelii Oh, i guess they want it to be a surprise which I am sure you will have a great time!
My favorite day is Monday because the work week starts again..and good things happen for me.
That is super you like Monday's so much. A lot of people hate Monday's so glad you look at the positive things about the day!
@Marty1 Yes, it is mostly those who are working at a job they don't like that hate Monday..I am not so hence I like Monday.
@snowy22315 I never thought about a person having to go to work on a Monday. My sister used to live Monday's as she used to work from home each week on that day. I think the big boss may have stopped that as my sister mentioned something about that
@JESSY3236 (6538)
I like Mondays and Fridays. I like Monday because it's movie day. I like Fridays because I read two blogs I like and I get the mail.
I have cooking blogs I read that i like, Do you rent, use Netflix or go to a theater for your movie day? It sounds like two great days for you!
@JESSY3236 (6538)
@Marty1 Over the last couple of weeks I have taped movies when some movie channels were free previews. So I have been watching them on Mondays. And I do have a list of movies on Netflix that I haven't watched yet.
@JESSY3236 I saw movie channels for free on TV but never thought of putting them on DVR? Good idea!
I love Thursday because I have lunch with my 2 daughters
Every Thursday? I think that sounds divine! I see my sister only on weekends, so i like that day, too. I like tomorrow's Saturday as it is April 28, and it is my cat's first birthday! But he does get a toy each 28th of every month for his monthly birthday! For his first birthday, he gets helium balloon with a string as my aunt bought me one on my birthday/ dinner party for family and my cat was after that balloon for over a month
@Marty1 Wow I can't believe your cat is already 1 year old!! time certainly flies and I hope he enjoys his birthday. Cats love balloons
@Marilynda1225 my aunt had bought me a balloon for my last birthday and i woke up the next day and he was already working on the balloon trying to get it. He worked on that balloon almost a month! Time did go by quickly. He was just a five month old kitten when he let me adopt him!
@caopaopao (8621)
My favorite week now is every Thursday. Because this term I have no classes on that day. lol.
That is a great reason to like Thursday!
@caopaopao (8621)
@Marty1 lol. Yeah.
@Icydoll (19899)
I like Friday... reason it is weekend lol ..it's always fun time in weekends
For a weekend, I prefer Saturday better. That is the day when I see my sister if she is visiting me that week.
@Icydoll (19899)
@Marty1 that's nice
@porwest (4861)
I DO like weekends if that counts. Why? I don't have to work and can do my own thing.
It does count! I don't like weekends as the TV shows i watch most are not on during the weekend!
@anikoonline (3166)
• Hungary
I like Thursday, too. It's always been my favourite day of the week, but I have no reasons for it.
One doesn't need a reason for a favorite day. Just enjoy the day!