Do you think you are addicted to your phone??

Botswana
In the era that we are living in, phones have become part of our lives to an extent of us not being able to live without them. i have a friend who literally gets sick when she has forgotten her phone or when she cannot find it. the panic in her eyes you would think her life depends on her carrying her phone. what are your views? can you live without your phone?
@porwest (2634)
I am not addicted to my phone at all, and in fact avoid it where I can. Although I am a salesman so for that reason, throughout the day, I have to monitor for phone calls and texts from customers. But I really hate the darn thing. That said, it seems everyone else around me is attached physically to them. It's like a part of their body. It's actually a little bit annoying.
• Botswana
thats such a good trait to have. i am more like you, my phone can go off and i wont know because most of the time i am so busy with a lot of things that my phone isnt that vital.
@porwest (2634)
@Chazzygal I could frankly live without it, and wish more people could too. It's most annoying when you are with a group of people and they can't put the darn phone down. It's also terribly rude, but THEY don't think so.
• Botswana
@porwest i feel the same way that its rude to be constantly on your phone among people
I can live without my cellphone.In fact, I do not bring them every time I go out. My husband always tells me to bring it every where we go in case I get lost because I cannot speak Korean.
• Botswana
i think you can carry it around but being on the phone constantly is another thing.
I think I depend on the phone so much. As today I even don't have to bring my wallet when I go out. As long as I have a phone, I can pay for everything. So you can see how much I am addicted to my phone.
• Botswana
i just hope it doesn't isolate you when you are with people.
• New Baltimore, Michigan
Heck no, half the time I can't find it (and don't care that I can't find it) - and usually it's freezing somewhere in my car. I also keep the volume all the way down so even if someone calls or texts, I rarely notice. The only time I see if somebody has contacted me is when I get bored and happen to remember that I own a cell phone.
• Botswana
thats a very good attitude to have because these days people cannot live without their phones and its very disheartening
For sure. I keep my life on this phone!
• Botswana
what do you think would happen if you went a week without your phone?
I also panic when I can't find my phone. I must admit, I am addicted to it because I play games on it, I do FB , messenger, I always use its camera, I watch the shows on TV that I missed, I research, my alarm clock, my reminder, my notebook and a lot more - of course to call and text.
@rheicel (7334)
If I'm outside I also get panic if I forgot my phone not because I'm really addicted using it but because it's a way of communicating with my friends and family.
I only have a cell phone for emergencies when i go out, and to check time in places I go when I have to get ton the bus stop to get a bus home. Nobody but my sister knows the number, and she knows to call me on my landline as I do not keep it on as i was getting people asking me to buy roofing or another thing from Hawaii at midnight my time to scare me while I sleep!
@mlgen1037 (16364)
• Manila, Philippines
Yes, I can live without my phone, most especially when I want to be alone.
@Jessabuma (13483)
• Baguio, Philippines
Yes, I am very addicted to it.. I can't go anywhere without it..
@caopaopao (5664)
Twenty years ago I could live without phone, because there were no mobile phones at that time. But now I can't live without phone, yeah i'm so addicted to my phone.