Okay, Guys. EXPLAIN.

Torture device.  Photo taken by and the property of FourWalls.
@FourWalls (15217)
I’m not just humorous here. I try to make people laugh as much as possible, even at my own expense. That included a couple of weeks ago, when I went for my annual mammogram. I posted the picture included here on my Facebook wall and the comment, “Say OUCH, ladies!” I don’t need to identify that torture device to any woman over 40. I had a number of female friends who “winced in solidarity.” What surprised me, though, was the number of guys who know what that is. Y’all need to explain that one to me. How do you fellas know about this thing????? PS — ladies, over 40, make sure you make your annual appointment for this. After you stop wincing at the thought of the pain, though.
@KrauseHome (35517)
Just wish their was not so much pain associated with this.
@FourWalls (15217)
I mentioned in another reply that my doctor's office has a new machine, and it wasn't nearly as painful this year as in previous years. The pain paid off, though: yesterday I received a notice from my doctor saying the mammogram was clear! A friend of mine on Facebook said better a couple of minutes of pain than a couple of years of cancer treatment, and she's so right. My next-door-neighbor's cancer was caught in the stage 0 phase.
@crossbones27 (21190)
• Redlands, California
Are you kidding, I have one in my house. Just kidding, but think people are pretty caught up on most things these days being the age of information everywhere. Just people are choosing what they want to believe and what is actually true.
I hate those checks and do them. Ouch!
@FourWalls I go for my mammogram. The first machine they had was awful and now they have a better one that is easier and does not hurt so much.
@FourWalls (15217)
You know, the newer machines are an improvement. I asked the radiologist after we finished if I had gotten "used to" the squish or if this one didn't hurt as bad and she said, "We have a new machine. It's better."
@FourWalls Why didn't she use it then?
@FourWalls (15217)
@Hannihar -- oh, they did. That's the new one in the picture. I didn't have to do the 20 goofy poses, either, with the new one.
@Aquitaine24 (1467)
• San Jose, California
It is good for guys to get tested too.
I've never actually seen one before. I've heard that they are quite painful.
• St. George, Bermuda
The guys might know about it because of what we tell them but on the other hand there are some man who care enough to go to the place and see what actually takes place and Stand by there woman and endure it while they go through it.
My hubby has worked in hospitals, etc. and has three sisters as well.
I must be one of the lucky ones. Although it was uncomfortable I couldn't say it hurt.
I don't think my husband knows what it is. He does prefer to remain clueless regarding certain things.
@UncleJoe (10868)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I know because Becky talked me into getting a mammogram and her lady doctor went along with it. They told me afterwards that it really wasn't necessary but just wanted ME to know what it felt like. Never again!
@sugartoes (42564)
• Greencastle, Indiana
don't remind me I have mine on the 4th I HATE it. but I'd be GLAD if someone could take my place I sure wouldn't mind is there ANY takers ANY ONE?
Adding my 'ouch" in solidarity
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
I think they are aware of those of things nowaways. I have my sonomammogram since I am below 40s.