Meet my new fur baby , Chewy

@rosekiss (30266)
Eugene, Oregon
As most of you know, last Sunday I lost one of my dogs to sickness. It was heartbreaking, and I had an empty void. I went to the humane shelter on Tuesday, to see what they had there. One didn’t have what I wanted, so I tried the other one we have. When I got there, I was disappointed as I saw a dog that I wanted, but she been spoken for. I was getting ready to leave, and one of the workers at the shelter, had a dog in her arms, that was returned to the shelter, after only 3 days. Come to find out, he had been returned one other time before, and the reason was the families had cats, and he doesn’t do well with them as he attacks them, and big dogs scare him. I was told that if I wanted him I would have to wait until the next day when they opened. I did go the next day, which was yesterday, and filled out an application with my information, and they asked me at that time if I had cats, and I told them no, which is true as I have only had dogs since being divorced. Anyway, I was taken to a separate area, and was introduced to him. I didn’t try to pick him up, as I didn’t know his history and I didn’t want to get bit. He laid right next to me, and gave me puppy kisses, which I thought was so cool. I bonded with him and he with me after a few minutes, and then it was time to introduce him to my female dog. They smelled each other for the most part, and he never growled at her which was a good sign. To make a long story short, the picture you see is the dog I brought home. I realize there will have to be an adjustment on both sides since he has had a rough life. He never has to worry about ever going back to the shelter again, as he has a forever home, and I am thankful I found him and he found me.
• Pamplona, Spain
The photo of you and the dog and the story gave me the goosebumps how lovely. I am so glad he will not go back to the Shelter. Very happy for you both and for you other little dog too. Wishing you much happiness with him what a cutie.
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you so much. Just hearing his story before I got him, really got to me. I don't know whow people can do that to a dog, and we aren't sure if he was ever abused and tossed away like garbage. I don't understand how people can do that either. It really upsets me to see animals treated that way. He will never have to worry about that ever again. I am glad we found eiach other.
• Pamplona, Spain
@rosekiss I am glad that you have found each other too. With you he will never have to fear for or want for anything. I love stories that end like this.
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
@lovinangelsinstead21 I am glad we found each other too. We were meant for each other for sure. He is still a little skittish, but that is totally understandable. It won't always be that way, as he has to build up his turst of me, as he isn't sure whether he can trust me yet or not. I do let him know that everything is okay, when I hold him, as I want him to know, that I will never hurt him.
You have a lovely fur baby. I have one too. Her name is Luna and she is growing very fast since I brought her home.
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
Congratulations are yoour new dog. I don't have to worry about mine getting any bigger, as he is full grown. I don't know what he wieghs as I don't go to the vet until next week, but he certainly can't weigh more than 10 pounds if he weighs that much. He is very light to carry around, and I love him so much. I am glad that I waited around and left the shelter, or I would have missed seeing him and maybe even adopting him.
@rosekiss Luna is a German Shepherd puppy. So you must guess that she will not be a girl to be carried around in my arms My Misty, years ago, was from the same breed and she could have killed my grandsons had she wanted. But she was maternal even when they bothered her.
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
@marguicha A German Shepherd gets way to big to carry around. She probably thinks she is a lap dog though.A mighty big one at that. I have always liked smaller dogs, and I am sure there are lots of others that love them too, as they are harder to come by than the bigger dogs it seems. They are always snatched up first before the big dogs. My dog loves to be carried around though, and I love carrying him too.
Oh, I am so glad to know that your sweet dog now has a forever home with you!!! So happy about this news!
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you so much. I feel like it was meant to be, as we have bonded nicely, and when I walked him this mroning, he did really well, considering he hadn't been on a leash before yesterday. Now, that I have him, he never has to worry ever again about going back to the shelter, as he has a forever hom with me.
How wonderful that you’ve given him a home. Thank you for adopting and not buying a dog.
@rosekiss Shelter dogs and cats (and those in rescues) absolutely deserve homes before those from breeders. Good for you for giving him a wonderful home. You are my hero!
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
@NJChicaa Thank you for saying that. Chewy loves me already as he loves to give puppy kisses. We found each other which makes us a perfect fit. I have done it twice now and I would adopt again in a heartbeat.
@Freelanzer (9496)
He is adorable. I am sure you two will have many happy times together
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
I am sure I will too, and there is going to be an adjutment period too, as he has been through so much,going from home to home, that it certainly has stressed him out. He doesn't have to worry about ever going back there, as he is mine and I am not returning him like the others did.
He is lovely, I am sure he is a sweet dog and he will get along well with your other dog.
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
He is a good dog for the most part. He does try to take things outside like my slippers, and anything else he can get in his mouth. When I am not home, I will have to put them up high so he can't get to them. He is 4 years old, but acts like a puppy. He is fun to watch though, and yes he does like the other dog, and wants to play with her, and she isn't having it, as she has never had any dog wanting to play with her before. He acts so ferocious, when in reality he is really gentle. He loves me and I love him and we are both adjusting nicely.
@rosekiss In a few days your two dogs will be the best friends. He need to adjust to his new home.
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
@LadyDuck Yes he does,and he seems to be adjusting already. He loves her, and I am not sure what she thinks of him, especially when he wants to play with her, and she doesn't know how to react. I am glad that he and I get along so well too. He isn't nippy at all, as I was told he was. The only thing I have a problem with is putting on his harness to walk. I need to wait for him to come to me, instead of me going to him, as when he sees the harness, he runs away. It is an adjustment for me too, and I know that it will get better in time as I have only had him since Wednesday.
@Icydoll (23536)
Very nice of you and your fur baby
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you. Had a hard time taking just the right picture that would show him and me together. That is the only way I can get a picture of hm when he is quiet or sleeping, as otherwise he is always moving.
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
@Icydoll Yea, you got that right, as I can only get it when he is still or I have him in my arms, as otherwise he is moving all the time. He is a very active dog, which is a good thing. I just have to watch him and make sure he doeswn't take things outside he shouldn.
@id_peace (7591)
That is nice. Hope that a new bond will be form quickly between you and the new fur kid
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
It is beginning too. It is almost there, but not at 100% yet. he still doesn't trust me all the way, but I am doing everyting right to earn his trust. At least he lets me pick him up and carry him around. He still backs up a little from me, but it is getting so much better. It hasn't even been a week yet, and he has come a long way. It is an adjustemnt for both of us, that is for sure.
@dya80dya (4730)
It's very good that you adopted a dog and you didn't buy one.
Sounds like you found the perfect dog after all.
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
I sure did. He loves me and I love him. He is gentle with me, and doesn't try to bite, which is good. As I understand he has bitten others, but then, it is how they have treated him too. I am kind to my animals and won't hurt them, and he can sense that. I love the fact I can carry him around as he is so light, and loves it. He is a great lap dog too.
That is awesome! I am so glad for both of you.
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you. He is an awesome dog and I love him and glad that I found him.
That is wonderful. Ours are from a shelter too. From what I understand our Beagle had been brought back several times too.
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
I felt for Chewy, in the fact, he thought he had a forever home twice, but with cats and big dogs, he just didn't admust. I have no cats, and the other dog is a little bigger than him, but she isn't a huge dog, and he gets along with her as well. In fact, he tries playing with her, and she has none of it, as she isn't all that playful, and he is the first one that really wants to play with her. I like to watch the silly antics he has, as he is just like a puppy. He really keeps me in stitches that is for sure.
@sugartoes (41994)
• Greencastle, Indiana
awe that's SO sweet, & he's so CUTE looks like a little collie what breed is he? thank you for adopting that little guy how could someone put him in a shelter?
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
He is a pomerainian mix from what they have said, but mixed with what breed, I have no idea. He does have a border collie's colors. I frankly think he is so pretty, and that is what drew me to him in the first place. It is so sad that he was adopted twice before, and it didn't work out because of cats. At least I knew from reading the description on the website before I went there, as I knew what I was dewaling with a little bit anyway. He loves me and I love him, and we have bonder really nicely.
it is me again.I must have miss the post there on your loss there?
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
I have a discussion before this one on the loss of my dog that passed away last Sunday. The titile of the discusssion is Losing a petcan be so heartbreaking or something like that. It is up there still and getting responses to it yet, so if you want to respond, just go look and you will find it. I now, have a new frurry freind that I dearly love along with my other pom that I have had for 10 years.
very nice and so happy that you rescue her.Good for you there.ms.ruby is a shelter dog.
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
I am glad I rescued him too, as his life hasn't been the best going from home to home. I know if I were a dog, that would certainly stress me out too. Poor thing, doesn't have to worry about that anumore, as I am going to give him a loving forever home.
@rubyriaz007 (4258)
Your fur baby is very cute. I liked it.
@nanette64 (17851)
• Fairfield, Texas
That is so cool @rosekiss . I'm sure Chewy is gonna be sleeping next to you.