Bill Cosby still free on bail awaiting sentencing.

And could still possibly never see the inside of a prison. While he was found guilty on three charges today, and each charge carries a maximum of 10 years each, this does not mean he will be sentenced to 30 years, and in fact, all sentences could run consecutively. Which means even if he got sentenced to 10 years for each charge, he could be out in 5 years. Also, there is the fact that he may be able to post an appeal bond after sentencing, thereby remaining out of prison until his appeal is heard. And if his conviction is overturned on appeal, the entire process of trial/conviction/sentencing may happen all over again. Or it may not. Everyone here seems to think he is already in jail on his way to prison and it is a 'done deal'. Just saying it is far from over...the fat lady hasn't sung yet. Prosecutor Kevin Steele argued to revoke the 80-year-old entertainer's bail. Judge Steven O'Neill refused Steele's request, citing Cosby's age and medical condition.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/26/jury-finds-bill-cosby-guilty-on-all-three-counts-in-sexual-assault-trial.html
I will be surprised if he actually goes to prison.
As will I. It seems none of the discussions today are looking at the legalities involved.
@Daelii (5780)
@JolietJake I'm just happy that the cases were heard and he was found guilty. The statistics behind how many rapes happen, how many are reported, and how many rapists get convicted is tragic.
We have a t.v. show perspective of how the jail system works.
@kobesbuddy (52381)
• East Tawas, Michigan
The jail system is broken, as is our judicial system!
Innocent until proven guilty, but in my book, he's guilty!
@kobesbuddy (52381)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I agree, he's guilty as charged, but will he pay for these crimes? Nope.
If he was a "common" guy, he would be in jail, he is Bill Cosby and I think he will never spend a day in jail.
@kobesbuddy (52381)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Those are my thoughts, exactly! A guilty 'Mr. Nobody' would sit in prison twenty years, for these crimes!
@kobesbuddy This is not at all Justice, because justice is supposed to be the same for everyone, rich and poor, famous and unknown.
@Srbageldog (8285)
I'm confused how his accuser could press charges all this time later, after she already accepted a large settlement from him a decade ago. Plus I thought there was the whole statute of limitations. I honestly don't know if he's guilty or not. I don't want him to be. He's done a lot of good for the African American community. Since he's been found guilty in this case, I hope he actually is guilty, if that makes sense. I would hate for it to be another case of "society taking down a black man." I somehow doubt he'll ever see the inside of a prison, regardless. Rich people don't tend to serve time, even when guilty.
@kobesbuddy (52381)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Money speaks louder than words, when it comes to our court system!
@kobesbuddy I recall reading about a rich man who was convicted of raping his 3 year old daughter, but was only put on probation because the judge didn't think he would "fair well in prison." WHAT?? Who cares if that sicko "fairs well" in prison? It's sickening how money can persuade the justice system.
@db20747 (8907)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Thanks for the update!! By the sound of some, he was already serving hard time!!!
I believe they have 100 days to complete an actual sentencing hearing in his case.
@db20747 (8907)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
@JolietJake iplease do keep me updated!
@Shiva49 (13726)
The rich and the powerful are above law it seems. All are equal but some are obviously more than equal. Some have come out after years in prison and then they find they were not guilty in the first place and that is the other extreme of justice and fair play - siva
@kobesbuddy (52381)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Our judicial system is broken, it's not working the way it should.
@nanette64 (17824)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yup, money talks and bulls*hit walks @JolietJake ; so who knows.
@wolfgirl569 (8170)
• Marion, Ohio
I will be surprised if he does any of his time. But at least this time he was found guilty.
@kobesbuddy (52381)
• East Tawas, Michigan
What I can't understand, why did these women wait until he's 80 years old, to bring these crimes into the open? If he's guilty of the charges brought against him, why wasn't Bill prosecuted twenty years ago? This seems very strange, to me!