Sunny Sunday

Sunday is bright and sunny here in my little corner of the myLot world. Looks like a beautiful day and I have no complaints. I'm so happy that spring has finally sprung and we can forget about snow for quite awhile. I have nothing planned for today so it will just be a nice, quiet and relaxing day. Or, I hope so anyway! Yesterday I zipped through a current book by James Patterson called Detective Cross which is part of his new Bookshots series. It was only 98 pages which made for an easy read but surprisingly it had a good plot and I was intrigued until the end. It was amazing that they could squeeze so much into only 98 pages. I didn't feel as if I missed anything. Today I have to find another book to read and I'm looking for something on the lighter side to balance my love of mystery/thriller/crime . I still have shows clogging up my DVR that I haven't watched and now I'm at the point of erasing or keeping. Hope everyone is having an enjoyable Sunday!
It's an Alex Cross story?
Yes it's about bombs being planted around Washington DC and Alex Cross to the rescue
@Icydoll (13160)
It's great day here with good climate,spent some time with family and relatives :)
no sun.showers off and on.Good for the grass and forest .Which has been very dry lately. What is the title of the book that your reading by Patterson.
Detective Cross and it's quick and easy read
@Marilynda1225 there are so many there.Just wanted the title of the book that your reading.
@amadeo detective cross is the book
I have never tried his bookshots, now I will. I seem to trust your good judgement about books now. The library had to order the next on the Jojo Moyers series and I put a reserve on the last of the three.
Glad you enjoyed JoJo Moyers Bookshots is like a condensed version of a Patterson book. Quick read
Yes, it is a beautiful day here, friend and little dog are coming. It is a bit on the chilly side but I would rather have it like this than too hot!
We're getting hot weather by mid week
Will you let us know which show you finally chose ?
@porwest (2634)
Yep. Sun is out where I live too. Hope we get the warmup they predicted. Still just a bit nippy out. Might need a good book myself. lol
That does seem like a short book for him. I'm sure it didn't take long to read 98 pages. I'm glad it was a good read. I have yet to read one of his books, but I do plan on it. My Sunday was good.
His new Bookshots is becoming very popular and he has quite a few out. Guess he can crank them out in his sleep by now
@Marilynda1225 It doesn't take long to write a hundred pages. Unless you have writer's block. However, if you're writing with a formula, it is probably easy to do.
What an entertaining day you have planned. I think many books could be heavily abbreviated without losing much.
These are like the condensed version of a regular book.
@Marilynda1225 I wondered but wasn't sure. The Readers' Digest condensed books never lost anything through being abbreviated.
We have a cool but sunny day here today too. Tomorrow promises to be a nice mild day, and I'll be looking forward to that. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend
@Marilynda1225 I did! We spent part of it with our son and daughter-in-law.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
It was drizzly as I walked to church this morning. The minister and his wife (my next door neighbours) invited me for lunch. That was so nice. I'm alone so some of my mealtimes are rather lonely. When hubby arrives we will need to invite them for a nice dinner.
That was so nice that you got invited to lunch. By the time hubby arrives you'll have lots of new friends
@Morleyhunt (19540)
@Marilynda1225 I can't wait to introduce him around the neighbourhood.
James Patterson is such a good writer. I have read a lot of his books.
Have you read any of the Bookshots?
@caopaopao (5515)
I'm sure you had an enjoyable Sunday. Me, too. Fine weather always brings us good mood.
today started with a little rain here, then went from cloudy 53 to now sunny and 56. no plans today. glad you got to read yesterday!
We have lovely weather here too. Sure does brighten one's mood.
• Riga, Latvia
Hope you enjoy the rest of your day. Mine is over already 9 PM
@Freelanzer (8287)
Beautiful and sunny here too but quite windy. Enjoy your day.
It's sunny, warm and only lightly breezy so far, I love that. I'll be in and out all day so that Ally can play
@Jessabuma (13435)
• Baguio, Philippines
I had a good Sunday.. enjoy your day and good weather..
Enjoy your book and yoir relaxing Sunday.