My Monday Plans

Normally, on Monday we would be going to exercise class at the pool. My hubs wasn't quite up for it this morning but that is okay, we are headed to the shoreline for lunch today. My cousin Chris, from Vancouver, is doing a genealogy trip to our neck of the woods and we are meeting him in Westbrook at our favorite seafood restaurant for lunch. When we went to Vancouver and Victoria in 2004, he gave us the best personal tour and while I am not giving him a tour, I thought treating him to a great meal was one way of expressing my thanks. He and I share an avid interest in our genealogy and if the truth be told, we met online about 18 years ago. The Internet made our searches fruitful. We filled in some missing links in each other's trees. We are 3rd cousins but honestly as close as first cousins could ever be
Enjoy the visit with your cousin.
Thanks, John, as you can imagine a lot of family talk will be happening.
That is so nice! I'm certain you will have a wonderful time. I'll be in Westbrook in June at the Water's Edge getting a spa treatment and lunch outside with my friend. What restaurant are you going to?
Lenny and Joe's, I had the most delicious crab casserole!! I love the spa at Water's Edge, I have been there quite a few times.
@BelleStarr I love Lenny and Joe's!!! I've eaten at Water's Edge more than I've used the spa. I really love the spa more at Old Saybrook Inn and Marina, but we spend several days when we go there. Have you been there? Their restaurants are terrific, too.
@DianneN I have never been to their spa at the Old Saybrook Inn but have eaten there many times lol I worked down the Street at St John Church for 8 years.
Enjoy your time together. It is great that you've met and become such good friends.
It is like we always knew each other, I am closer to him than just about any of my first cousins.
@BelleStarr It is so nice to make a connection like that with anyone but particularly with a family member.
Is that him in the photo?
Yes that is him and me in Vancouver 14 years ago. We look a wee bit longer in the tooth today lol
Don't we all @BelleStarr It's a really go shot of you two though.
@rebelann Thank you, I am realizing now that I took a picture of him today but not one of us together.
@nela13 (9417)
• Portugal
I am very close to some of my cousins, hope you enjoy your time together.
We had a great time and hopefully, he will come and visit me next year in Florida.
@nela13 (9417)
• Portugal
@BelleStarr Glad you had a good time. It is so good when we have friends and relatives near us and we feel that they genuinely like us.
@thelme55 (15125)
Enjoy bonding with your cousin.
Thank you we talked for 4.5 hours almost non-stop, it was wonderful.
@thelme55 (15125)
@BelleStarr wow! That was a great walk.
You two make a darling pair of adorable cousins!!
Thank you so much, we certainly have tons of things to catch up on. We talked for over 4 hours.
• Pamplona, Spain
Great photo and have a great time out with your cousin also and a good lunch together.
Thank you , we did have a wonderful lunch.
• Pamplona, Spain
@BelleStarr Good for you and have a great weekend ahead.
That is wonderful. The internet is such a great way to connect with our relatives. That is how my fiance's son found him a few years ago. Have a great time.
Thank you, yes the Internet has become a great way to connect families. We met online in about 2000 and have never stopped enjoying each other's company.
@BelleStarr that is wonderful
Enjoy the lunch with your cousin!
It was wonderful, I had crab casserole and hours of great conversation.
Have fun and enjoy your visit.
Thank you it was a 4.5 hour lunch so we did enjoy it lol
Enjoy your lunch. I'm not that much into genealogy but my aunt is and she shares all the information she gathers about our family
Genealogy is one of those things, either it grabs you or it doesn't and I love knowing about my roots, Chris has it bad too.
@Gillygirl (17603)
• Sutton, England
I hope you enjoy lunch with your cousin. I also met a third cousin on Genes Reunited. He helped me fill in some gaps in the family tree. Not only that he had been living within a mile of me for many years and had been born in Liverpool too. He was also the same age.
We meet on Rootsweb in about the year 2000. We filled in lots of blanks for each other.
@PatZAnthony (13118)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Hope you enjoy that time with your cousin. Isn't it wonderful learning someone exists you might not have ever heard about if you had not been online.
It is amazing and every year I meet more and more relatives that I never knew I had.
I am glad your cousin is coming to visit. I also have a couple of cousins who are very close, even if only 2nd cousins.
Yes it seems that as long as there is a bit of shared DNA it makes a family.
@Icydoll (25958)
Enjoy the visit with your cousin my dear friend..have nice time
Thank you, we did have a wonderful visit, lunch lasted more than 4 hours.
that is wonderful there.
Yes we had a great lunch and talked for 4.5 hours.
@id_peace (7631)
I like your house view behind.
That is the view from our hotel balcony in Vancouver, Vancouver is a beautiful city.
That's wonderful that you'll be sharing some time together today-I know that you'll both enjoy it! Is he a U of Vic grad? I couldn't help but to notice his sweatshirt. Our son got his last degree from the U of Vic.
l Have to admit I am not sure, he grew up in Powell River and he was living in Victoria at the time we met so it could be possible. I will have to ask him.