Do you ever lose your car in parking lots?

One thing that I have gotten a bit smarter about in my old age is knowing where the heck I parked my car. Years ago, someone told me to pay attention to where I parked by lining up the car with a letter in a store..or making note in a parking garage, but I never listened. I lost my car more times than I can count. Fortunately, these days I am really taking careful note of where I park..years of wandering a lot like a lunatic..finally convinced me I needed to change my ways!! Are you always cognizant of where you park your car?
I look to find a marker of some sort. Fortunately I'm never alone and that helps.
That works!
@id_peace (7631)
No usually somehow we are able to find the car based on the landmark
Yes, in a crowded garage you really have to be careful what level you are on..and where exactly it is..some garages have identical spaces on each side of a building..so knowing exactly where you are is really necessary!
I cannot remember we ever lost our car, not even in the big parking lots in the US.
You're lucky, it always seems to happen when you are tired to begin with or the weather is bad!
@snowy22315 My husband is lucky we are all the time together, he would lose his car every time he parks.
@LadyDuck lol, I hear that! It is usually women that lose them in their purses!
I always look for something to give me a mark as to where I park my car. Otherwise I have to beep my remote as I hunt. My parents always had a big flower on their antenna so they could find their car easily.
@snowy22315 maybe your remote lost its connection and needs to be reprogrammed
@Marilynda1225 Oh good point..I wonder how much that costs?
@rakski (23511)
We got list in the parking lot (basement) and the car is just waiting for us. Now we are careful to park. We also try to park near a landmark area so we will be able to remember the place.
Yes, it helps to try to park by a cart return if possible, or next to a landmark you will remember, but sometimes in a crowded parking lot you have to just take what is available.
@rakski (23511)
@snowy22315 that is true. That is why we take grab at times instead. It is easier that way
We are now but we used to be like you, wandering around looking for our car. I don't think many of our parking lots are as huge as yours which made it a bit easier I guess.
Yes i have been in some big ones in mybday. We used to live near a large oulet mall. It was new when i first shopped there and they did notbhave row signs up yet. I got my car so lost i had to go back after the mall was closed to find it!
@Deepizzaguy (15526)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I use a number system where my auto is parked like looking for the row number or letter which helps me find my auto quickly.
If you are lucky enough to have those markers..some parking lots don't have them readily available.
@Deepizzaguy (15526)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@snowy22315 That is true.
@Deepizzaguy Yeah, that is a bit frustrating.
I have learned my lesson too. I always focus on something that will help me remember where my car happens to be. I have pushed my cart around a parking lot many times in the past looking for my car, which is very embarrassing.
@snowy22315 I think most of us try so hard to look like everything is just fine while pushing that cart here and there, but all can tell we lost our darn car!!!
@Corbin5 . They see your fake whistling.. while you are internally hitting the panic button.
how could you lose your car.Just use your remote there to hear the beep.Sometimes I forget but the remote helps me.Beep beep.
@snowy22315 that is too bad there.Fixed it?
@amadeo no not sure what else there is to do not springing for a new one. New batteries should have taken care of it.
@Shiva49 (14260)
I had a bitter experience once. I was late to the airport to pick up a VIP guest. I was in a hurry and forgot where I had parked my car - the parking bay had many floors. It was embarrassing searching my car for over half an hour but I told him the reason and we had a good laugh - siva
It's a good thing your guest had a sense of humor!!. With my luck, I would have gotten one cranky or in a bad mood!
@Shiva49 (14260)
@snowy22315 I am normally upfront in such types of situations and that helps - siva
@Freelanzer (9497)
I have on occasion in the past and it wasn't a pleasant experience so I am very careful to look for a sign near where I park. Then there is always the panic button on my keys.
Parking garages are the very worst, because you can think you are in one section of the garage, and actually be in another..I badly lost my car in a garage, I few times.
I am nowadays. Thankfully, at one store I always park in the same place, so I never forget.
Except if it is crowded, your favorite space might not be available..
@snowy22315 It's really a section of the parking lot, not just a space. On the occasion it is full, I usually remember anyway due to the smaller size of the lot.
@AmbiePam That's good!
@FayeHazel (21431)
Oh dear. That has happened to me a few times :-)
One time we lost the car in Myrtle Beach at a big tourist center..and we were exhausted from hiking around the whole place. That was the worst!
@FayeHazel (21431)
@snowy22315 Oh no. You got your walk in for that day
@FayeHazel I did for sure!
Yes I lost it once. It made me more aware and alert now. I think it did a positive change in me.
Yes..some of us are slow learners!!! I decided to change my ways though!
@snowy22315 Yes. Experience is a great teacher.
@rheicel (7296)
Can't imagine your face while searching your car. You need to copy the scene in La La Land movie.
Well that would be fub!
@rheicel (7296)
@snowy22315 Have you watched La La Land? Emma was searching for her car they couldn't find it. You need to put your car key to your chin so you could have a better signal then dance a bit then the da....
• Slovenia
I lost my car once in the public parking house ...
It has happened to me more than once, but I have resolved that I will not do that again. Even if there are two or three 3rd floor orange..I am gonna carefully plot my location.
For some reason I seem to remember to take note of my whereabouts when I park. I have "lost" my car but it's rare,
I think you just have to make it a priority to do so. Now, it has become routine for me.
I am so bad about losing my vehicle. I came up with a way to remember a few years ago. I park in the aisle directly down the row from the door. It doesn't matter how far down the row I have to park I will walk a very long ways just so when I come out I know where I have parked. Anytime I cannot find a spot like that open I walk all over trying to remember where I parked. Sometimes if my kids are with me they help me by remembering. They have much better memories then I do.
Yes, you have to have some kind of system in place or you are bound to wander. In smaller lots it really isn't a problem but in a large lot or garage, or if the PL is crowded you really have to take note! It is anxiety provoking not to know where your car is.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Not really but theirs a mall by my house that has 3 sub levels of parking and if you dont take a pic of the level your on and letter area like -2 J5, you will be looking for you car for an hour minimum lol