And So the Wait Begins!

@Morleyhunt (19720)
Nine days ago the truck was loaded and pulled out of our driveway to begin its 1000 mile (1600+km) journey across the country. This morning it is scheduled to arrive at 8 AM. I'm ready. The temporary bed moved out...the patio furniture in the garage, instead of the dining room. The refrigerator is empty, ready to be moved to the garage to make way for the new refrigerator. Just another 10 minutes to wait (if they are on time). I'm a tad impatient. I am OCD about being on time. Late today I will update on when they arrived.
I hope they were on time, I am also OCD about being on time. I cannot stand to wait for people who are late.
@Morleyhunt (19720)
They were about 30 minutes late arriving...so yes, my stomache was dancing...but they arrived and everything is unloaded. 75 % is now unpacked as well.
@Morleyhunt You are doing a great job. I think that working alone we do a lot more.
@Morleyhunt (19720)
@LadyDuck no distractions....no one else's opinion is needed. Just some of the lifting gets to be a challenge...but I'm up for it!
What an exciting day for you. I hope it goes smoothly.
@Morleyhunt (19720)
It went...smoothly? For the most part. I thought all of my boxes were clearly labelled as to what room they need to be in. Now I understood that the kitchen was not accessible for boxes until the end but really? A box labelled Canning jars...Basement should not be in the sewing room and a box labelled Bedding....master Bedroom doesn't belong in the garage.
@Morleyhunt I bet those removal people were all male weren't they? So you must expect errors if it's males doing the work without female supervision. .
Awesome news! Wishing you all the best with everything today.
@Morleyhunt (19720)
It was a busy day. Can you tell? I'm just getting back to respond today...two days later.
@Morleyhunt I can see that...:)
@Daelii (5030)
I hope its on time for you too! Good luck on unpacking everything!
@Morleyhunt (19720)
It was only 30 minutes late....now I'm busy unpacking.
Fingers crossed that the truck arrives on time and you get things unloaded and placed where you want them in your new home.
@Morleyhunt (19720)
The truck was only? 30 minutes late. It's unloaded and I'm still busy with the unpacking.
That sounds very good, So you have ordered that online?
@Morleyhunt (19720)
Ordered what online?
We had engaged the service of movers and packers and so just like you waited for the trucks to arrive. They unpacked and placed the stuff wherever we wanted them to.
@Morleyhunt (19720)
I did the packing. I will be doing all the unpacking. They were contracted to pick up and load the truck...drive it across the country and then unload.
@Morleyhunt Packing must have been quite a job for you.
Hope it wasn't delayed too long!Nine days,It seems to be a long slow journey.
@Morleyhunt (19720)
They arrived about 30 minutes later than the time I was given. Four hours later my house was full and the truck was gone.
When we moved my two youngest sons moved our stuff in a uhaul. They came from Germany to move our stuff.
@Morleyhunt (19720)
We dis think about a haul...but have had some unique experiences with them..also...hubby didn't want to drive one across the country.
Hope they arrive on time and have things unloaded and in place quickly.
@Morleyhunt (19720)
They were only 30 minutes late. They were unloaded in four hours....in place? Well that was a matter of opinion.
@aureliah (14842)
I’m quite impatient whenever people keep me waiting