If money didn't exist, what would you do?

@Daelii (6390)
Earlier, someone posted a comment about sharing money to improve everyone's life. It really got me thinking about how everyone life could be different if money wasn't an issue or concern. You know a form of solar power had been invented long before our coal based method? the solar power is cleaner for the environment but there was no profit to be had. So if money was of no concern what ways might your life be different? for me: I'd likely be crocheting a ton more. yarn is expensive in bulk and I just don't have the financial means to buy it and just donate blankets in bulk.
• Lenox, Georgia
You know, the only reason I even want money is to truly bless others and to raise my children with. Unfortunately it takes money to survive but I'm grateful my Father in Heaven is RICH and provides for us!!
@Daelii (6390)
you know, I can't help but think you'd be great in missionary travel work!
• Lenox, Georgia
@Daelii My husband and I would LOVE that and we thought that was God's plan for us. Maybe it is-just not quite yet. His time is best. =)
@Daelii (6390)
@LovingMyBabies exactly! :) god at times needs us to go through things to learn and become a better polished stone so when we finally get to where he wants us, we are ready to do what is best!
We are a lot dependent on money for almost everything. Financial stability is our foremost priority even before health. We work day and night, tiring ourselves to earn money, to have good life and to have financial stability. If money wasn't there, what would we have done? I just can't imagine it.
@Daelii (6390)
just try! If money wasn't needed and you could do anything. what would you be doing?
@Daelii I would be traveling around the globe. And if given chance beyond globe as well
@Daelii (6390)
@anamika161088 that sounds like a ton of fun! be able to meet people, experience different tastes and parts of the world, and share insights from one place to another!
@louievill (20321)
I think money had always been with us, it's how people percieve or put value on anything so once shells and stones were money, then silver and gold, then paper with gold deposits and lately cryptocurrency, it's unthinkable, people will always assign value on something.
@Daelii (6390)
true, its been around seemingly forever. But in a dream world where it didn't exist, and you didn't have to focus your life on earning money. How would you spend your days?
@louievill (20321)
@Daelii I'd probably build myself a chariot and a bow and arrow and figure out later why I built it in the first place lol!
@Daelii (6390)
@louievill i love the honesty!
@AKRao24 (21618)
That is really a wonderful thought and I appreciate that if some thing like this really happens in our lives! But unfortunately human brain is very evolved that has brought him from barter system to international money! The fact is that today money is a power given to you with which you can meet your all physical needs! so without that it is impossible to survive today on this earth! After all the money only makes the mare to run dear @Daelii !
@Daelii (6390)
true, but what if in a dream world all your needs would be meet if you did your one part. what/how would you spend your day?
@AKRao24 (21618)
@Daelii , I would sleep nicely to continue that dream dear friend!
@mlgen1037 (29606)
• Manila, Philippines
People will not be so greedy and people will live in peace. I thank you.
@Daelii (6390)
I sure would hope so! so no idea how you'd spend your days?
@mlgen1037 (29606)
• Manila, Philippines
@Daelii Well, I would probably have learned to sew clothes by then and make beautiful clothes for anyone perhaps.
@LeaPea2417 (23160)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I would be able to do more what I want to do.
@Daelii (6390)
what exactly is that? would it be selfish pursuits or things that would be of benefit or value to others?
@LeaPea2417 (23160)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@Daelii Both.
If money were not an issue, I would have a more active stress free existence.
@Daelii (6390)
I think everyone would!
I´d barter. I do that many times.
@Daelii (6390)
lol@ good point. but how would you spend your days? what would you be doing?
If there was no money, there would not be any yarn because it could not be made. The barter system, food you grow for things. you can make many things with what the good earth has to offer, just takes time and energy. I think if you want a better life get out and work for it, why should I have to work till my finger bleed to give my money to that 20 tear old sitting in the basement of his mothers house playing games all day? If everyone worked and did their part it would be different but that will never be the case, some people are just lazy.
@Daelii (6390)
thats not exactly what I'm saying or asking. Yes, everything needs labor in some aspect at all different stages. Im talking hypothetically, if we lived in a world that didn't revolve around using money. people could do what they wanted, to the best of their abilities, what might you do? dont be concerned about a lazy person in a hypothetical dream world. just think about your life? what might you do? would it be any different than what you currently do? how so?
The same as I already do. Buy food, babysit, enjoy time with my family, help others anyway I can, and go to concerts.
@Daelii (6390)
That's awesome! ! I sometimes Wonder what life was like back in ancient Rome or other places that did a more communal approach towards child care and meals. Private kitchens really wasn't a thing for all households. Everyone ate :)
I'm not sure what I'd be doing if money weren't important. You can do all sorts of things to lessen the amount you need but you can't entirely free yourself from needing some.
@Courage7 (21075)
I would use my skills to barter.
@Jessabuma (33128)
• Baguio, Philippines
I think exchanging goods/ products work..