I just want to die!

@aureliah (18766)
Kenya
This is what the Australian scientist keeps saying. He has even headed to Switzerland for assisted dying. Are there people who just wish to die and they have already made it in life? I prefer to live life until my creator decides its time for me to leave this world!
You didn't mention he was 104 which would make a difference to your attitude if you were him and to readers' opinions. He is now quite unwell but has had a very productive life to this point.
@aureliah (18766)
• Kenya
Yeah he is 104. I still don't think that he should still wish to die
@porwest (7430)
@aureliah Ah. It makes sense now. Hmm. :)
@porwest He was a professor and researcher at a university here. This gives the background. In the end he fell at home and wasn't found for two days and the hospital imposed quite rigid restrictions on him. If he had been forced into a nursing home he would have been denied any choice in his future and at that point he decided to try to go to Switzerland. I know each person has their own opinion which is fine but I am right behind his decision.
Perth man David Goodall says he resents having to fly to Europe to end his life but has been left with no other choice.
Yes, there are people who come here to ask to put an end to their life. You are only allowed if you have a terminal disease.
@aureliah (18766)
• Kenya
I have never had of that service.
@aureliah It is available here in Switzerland and in some other countries.
@aureliah (18766)
• Kenya
@LadyDuck okay. So it’s like you given medication to kill you
@YrNemo (14719)
I would choose to go like him. I hate to be dependent on my children or anyone with toilet needs, eating or bathing etc.
@aureliah (18766)
• Kenya
I would not like to be a bother to my kids too but then again I would rather be in a home. You know those for the elderly
@YrNemo (14719)
@aureliah Do you know that many carers or nurses could be very rough with their charges? All sort of abused cases came out from hidden cameras, especially when the victims are very old and weak, and can't defend themselves. Nursing homes or village for seniors are not cheap generally. I used to dream of living in a similar place when I was a child , but now I know better from reading news.
@aureliah (18766)
• Kenya
@YrNemo the elderly are very vulnerable to being hurt and I would rather be where I'm taking care of my parents
• Midland, Michigan
I'm not aware of that story but when I've heard of similar things it's usually because the person has some type of terminal illness. Some states allow for assisted dying while most do not. There was a young woman that decided to go on her terms with her family around her and went to Oregon, if I remember correctly. I believe that God knows when we will go but isn't the one causing it to happen.
@aureliah (18766)
• Kenya
Mostly its because someone has a terminal illness and they prefer to die than continue suffering
• Midland, Michigan
@aureliah I understand the idea although I don't agree.
@aureliah (18766)
• Kenya
@epiffanie (10404)
If I no longer can take care of myself and I live in pain 24 hours a day , I don't want to be around anymore .. So I can understand his decision ..
@aureliah (18766)
• Kenya
That is very true. I would not allow myself to be in pain and stress my family
@epiffanie (10404)
@aureliah We all deserve dignity at the end of our lives .. We had three beloved pet dogs put to sleep to spare them from pain.. We should be able to choose that for ourselves ..
@aureliah (18766)
• Kenya
@epiffanie That is very true because we are the only ones who can feel the pain
@Freelanzer (9498)
A few years ago a law was passed here given people the right to die. It is sad when people feel that is their only option.
@aureliah (18766)
• Kenya
I wonder if families give consent to this
@aureliah As long as they are adult they have the right to make the decision along with their doctor. Families don't have to give their approval.
@aureliah (18766)
• Kenya
@Freelanzer well said but every opinion matters
@caopaopao (12553)
I don't want to die unless I'm very sick, or I'm too old to take care of myself.
@aureliah (18766)
• Kenya
I only wish to die when its God's will
@caopaopao (12553)
@aureliah Thank you for sharing.
@iridion9 (10207)
okay die.
@aureliah (18766)
• Kenya
Hahaha waiting to hear if I will manage to
I read about him. I do feel he has every right to decide when to end his life. He must be quite miserable now.
@aureliah (18766)
• Kenya
That’s true but it makes me sad personally
@Courage7 (16490)
I am glad you are wanting to complete your life.
@aureliah (18766)
• Kenya
Not me
@Courage7 (16490)
@aureliah Yes not you