Kangaroo Hopping Down Texas Highway!

Photo courtesy of Google Images
Laguna Woods, California
Much to the surprise of residents near Houston, Texas, a kangaroo was seen hopping down the road! I thought that this was a story which might interest our Australian members, such as @JudyEv. A family in Austin believes the kangaroo may belong to them and they are hoping it will be caught so they can get back their missing pet. If it turns out not to be theirs, then it would mean there is more than one mysterious kangaroo on the loose in Texas! Here's a video of the full story. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdqycF-ugbY
Wow, that's pretty cool. I'm sure there is a wild mob in one of the Scandinavian countries too. I hope someone captures it before it gets hit by a car.
• Laguna Woods, California
@JudyEv - I hope they are able to rescue it before it gets injured, too. Texas is such a surprising place to spot a kangaroo running loose!
@DeborahDiane He could be difficult to catch even if he is tame. They can break legs so easily if they panic and start jumping wildly into things.
• Laguna Woods, California
@JudyEv - Oh, dear! I hope they bring in experts if they try to catch him. I have not seen any follow-up news stories on this, so I do not think he has been caught. What do they eat? Is it something he is likely to find in Texas. Since he has been on the run for months, he must be finding something to eat.
A pet kangaroo on the loose..Very interesting and hiliarious
• Laguna Woods, California
@Happy2BeMe - Who knows? If it stays on the loose, maybe the kangaroo will end up traveling to Canada this summer! I wonder what it is eating?
@DeborahDiane hehehe maybe so. @JudyEv could answer that.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Happy2BeMe - Yes, that is a good question for @JudyEv. There must be some food in Texas which would keep it alive. I wonder what it is.
@Deepizzaguy (13129)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
First there was a story of a gator on a highway in Cleveland Texas and now a kangaroo near Houston Texas. It is a very interesting stories coming from the Lone Star State.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Deepizzaguy - I lived in Texas for 25 years. As crazy as it sounds, alligators do exist in the areas near its border with Louisiana, although they are not pleasant to encounter. Kangaroos, however, are very rare! LOL
@Deepizzaguy (13129)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@DeborahDiane Kangaroos in Texas are rare since they are famous in Australia.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Deepizzaguy - Yes, a kangaroo in Texas is very unusual. Someone had to import it, which seems like it would be illegal.
@caopaopao (8664)
I think it is so dangerous to hop on the highway. Hope the kangaroo is safe. I have never seen kangaroo with my own eyes.
• Laguna Woods, California
@caopaopao - The only time I have seen a kangaroo is in the zoo. I would have been shocked to see one running down the highway!!
@caopaopao (8664)
What a sight! Texas is the new outback!
• Laguna Woods, California
@JohnRoberts - Yes, maybe they will do a new Crocodile Dundie movie there! LOL
@Jessabuma (28893)
• Baguio, Philippines
Hehehe!!!! That's very interesting! Hopefully that kangaroo is the missing pet of a family in Austin..
• Laguna Woods, California
@Jessabuma - I hope this is their missing pet, too, and they are able to keep it safe, once it is caught and returned to them.
@Jessabuma (28893)
• Baguio, Philippines
@DeborahDiane yes hopefully..
@dgobucks226 (12215)
When I saw your title I thought the kangaroo might have escaped from a nearby zoo. Anyway, that would be the most unusual roadway site for anyone to see.
• Laguna Woods, California
@dgobucks226 - Yes, that must have been the most unusual sight those drivers ever saw!
@dgobucks226 (12215)
I hope the kangaroo is safe, being near a highway is a dangerous place.
• Laguna Woods, California
@LadyDuck - I agree. I hope the kangaroo stays safe and away from highways. It must have shocked people to see it hopping down a road in Texas!
@DeborahDiane I have seen yesterday that a tourist has been hurt by a kangaroo in Australia. The animal wanted to steal his "fast food" bag.
• Laguna Woods, California
@LadyDuck - Oh, my! I wonder what food in the bag would have appealed to the kangaroo. I'm not sure what they eat. It would be scary to be attacked by one.
@DeborahDiane Is that normal where kangaroos are that a kangaroo would hop up and odwn on a road?
• Laguna Woods, California
@Hannihar - No, absolutely not! Kangaroos are not native to any place in the Americas. Apparently, someone brought the kangaroo from Australia as a pet, and it got away. As far as I know, it still has not been caught!
@DeborahDiane I wonder where it is now.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Hannihar - No one knows. It disappeared after it was spotted on that road in Texas. Judy Ev from Australia told me that it can live on almost any plants, so it could stay hidden for a long time. There are many large forests in the area. Some hunters in the woods will be really surprised to see it!
@hereandthere (31174)
i wonder how the family was able to have a pet kangaroo
• Laguna Woods, California
@hereandthere - I wondered the same thing. I did not think people could have pet kangaroos in Texas. How did they get it? I know you cannot buy them in pet stores!
@DeborahDiane exactly. it raises more questions than answers.
• Laguna Woods, California
@hereandthere - I will write a follow-up post if I learn more about this. It is a very interesting situation.
Now that would be a sight to see. Glad it is safe.
• Laguna Woods, California
@DianneN - I cannot imagine what I would think if I saw a kangaroo running along the highway. I might think I had been hit on the head and sent to Australia! LOL
• Laguna Woods, California
@DianneN - Judy Evans said that kangaroos eat grass and other plants. In that part of Texas, it could live until a ripe old age. There will be a lot of surprised people in the coming years!
That will attract the people. lol I think the kangaroo wants to cool off for a while.lol
• Laguna Woods, California
@Shavkat - Yes, the kangaroo may have been hot. It is having fun now!
@DeborahDiane I hope they can find him soon.
@crossbones27 (19602)
• Redlands, California
How the hells does a kangaroo end up in Texas?
• Laguna Woods, California
@crossbones27 - I wondered the same thing. How did the Austin family get it? Who did they buy it from? How did it escape? I think there are a lot of unanswered questions in this story!
• Redlands, California
@DeborahDiane Sounds like it.
@maximax8 (28285)
I would be very surprised to see a kangaroo in Texas. I have seen plenty of kangaroos in Australia because they come from there. Someone needs to catch the kangaroo and give it back to the family.
• Laguna Woods, California
@maximax8 - I hope they can catch it safely, without harming either the kangaroo or getting the police hurt. It will be interesting to see what happens. If I hear, I will write another story.
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
That boy is a long way from home! Hopefully neither kangaroo nor humans will get hurt before he's caught.
• Laguna Woods, California
@valmnz - I agree! I hope he is captured safely!
• Eugene, Oregon
Sounds like a strange pet, but I hope he survived.
• Laguna Woods, California
@JamesHxstatic - I agree! I think a kangaroo would be a strange pet, but I hope he survives and is returned safely home.
It sure looks that it has an owner and has run away to get its freedom.
• Laguna Woods, California
@allknowing - Yes, it looks like the kangaroo was out to have some fun!
I hope the family gets their pet kangaroo back. Interesting story.
• Laguna Woods, California
@just4him - I hope they get their kangaroo back, too. It will be safer at their home, rather than loose and running down highways!
It is strange! As far as I know, kangaroo is native to Austrlia.I suspect that lt ran away from a zoo.
• Laguna Woods, California
@changjiangzhibin89 - I think it ran away from some people who own it, but I'm not sure how they were able to have it as a pet in Texas. It is a strange story!
@wolfgirl569 (4932)
• Marion, Ohio
That would be an interesting sight almost anywhere.
• Laguna Woods, California
@wolfgirl569 - I agree that would be an interesting sight almost anywhere in the world. What a shock for the drivers who saw it!