May the Fourth be with You! Aka. Popular things that I do not like

@FayeHazel (16506)
I was going to write a few discussions on the theme of "popular things that I do not like" - however I put it on hold. One of my New Year's Resolutions was to keep more positive. How positive is it to write about things you *don't* like? However, today being May the Fourth AKA. "Star Wars Day" because of the ease of changing May the Fourth into "May the Fourth (force) be with you" , I couldn't resist. Now, "Star Wars" should be right up my alley so to speak, - its Sci-Fi, it's got some cool characters and oh yeah, did I mention yet how its like the biggest, most popular, best known sci-fi film - ever? Being a child in the 80s, I, of course watched it. Or played toys while the adults watched. I didn't really get it. So a few years back I re-watched it. I tried to get into it, I really did... but it didn't hold my interest. I didn't expect all of the humor elements in it - I thought it would be more like my actual favorite sci-fi film "Dune" which has a more serious tone to it. I did like the banter between C3PO and R2D2 the best in the first movie though. So there you have it... I do not like "Star Wars" - but May the Fourth be with all of you who do. :-) Parody of Star Wars which I enjoyed more than the actual movie:
Subscribe for new videos: http://bit.ly/1iK5Kqx Follow us on facebook: http://facebook.com/BoredShortsTV Follow us on instagram: http://instagram.com/boredsh...
@FourWalls (12919)
I liked it before it became a franchise. Some great parodies out there, though. My favorite is “Hardware Wars.”
Did you like Spaceballs?
@FourWalls (12919)
@JohnRoberts — pretty good for everyone else, a little below par for Mel.
@FayeHazel (16506)
It's funny, I saw a clip of "Hardware Wars" on Youtube :-)
• Riga, Latvia
I am also not a fan of Star Wars and have not even seen the first movie as well as the rest.
Really, not even the original?
@FayeHazel (16506)
There are a surprising amount of people that don't like it, happy to see I'm not alone
• Riga, Latvia
@JohnRoberts nope never went. I could see it now on the Internet but I am not even curious.
@mlgen1037 (15783)
• Manila, Philippines
Do not worry, Faye, you are not alone. Not really a fan but I enjoyed the last movie they had. I was actually trying to comprehend because I am not familiar with all the characters. hehe
@FayeHazel (16506)
Ah that makes me feel a bit better. I imagine it would be confusing trying to figure out all the characters, esp. the new ones
@mlgen1037 (15783)
• Manila, Philippines
@FayeHazel Exactly. I had to ask my brother and husband for the characters and what they really do there in the movie.
@FayeHazel (16506)
@mlgen1037 I hope that Jarjar binks wasn't in the new one - couldn't stand him
• Pamplona, Spain
You only like the two Robots? So do I also they are my very favourites of all the Star Wars Films and things. They are great characters and have not liked anything except those two ever. Don´t get me wrong all the rest are fine but its just that I fell in love with those two Robot characters.
@FayeHazel (16506)
The 2 robots were my favorites for sure, I must say Princess Leia can be cool, and Yoda and oooo those little teddy bear critters.... ewok, those are neat.... but I agree, the bots for sure
• Pamplona, Spain
@FayeHazel Me the Robots forever and have always liked them and only them.
@FayeHazel (16506)
@lovinangelsinstead21 I like their banter with each other
The original movie was an amazing unique experience. That's it became so huge. But all the sequels were just retreads and the wonder long gone.
@FayeHazel (16506)
I agree. Of the 6 I watched 1 was the best. Then they came up with that stupid Jarjar Character. Ack.
I haven't watched this movie but have seen some promos of it only. Nice to know about that
@FayeHazel (16506)
I wonder if you would enjoy it, or no
guess I am the party pooper.Have no interest in Star War.
@FayeHazel (16506)
Me either, I wanted to like it but...
@FayeHazel I liked it when much younger.Now today this is getting over blown just a money making t hings.
@FayeHazel (16506)
@amadeo True. Of the 6 I watched I thought the 1st one was the best. Now it's just a money grab in my opinion
Now, Dune is a movie I still haven't figured out and tried twice. I do love Star Wars, and since my son was born when the first was in the theater, he's a huge Star Wars fan and is putting together the Lego Millennium Falcon, which is going to take a few weeks yet to accomplish. My brother's birthday is today, and he also is a Star Wars fan. Though much older at 55.
@FayeHazel (16506)
Ah "Dune" is a little confusing. I feel like there could have been more backstory to it. I don't actually like the book(s) - I just don't connect with the author well in written form. THough through googling enough of it I was able to make more sense of the story and why certain things happen (like the weirdness with Baron Harkonenn) Happy birthday to your brother and I would like so see that lego millenium falcon when its done
@FayeHazel It's still in process. I don't know if he worked on it at all this past weekend with as busy as he was. I'll try to remember to take my camera with me when it's finished.
@FayeHazel (16506)
@just4him Oh cool! Good luck to him with it
@YrNemo (11181)
A workmate showed that to me, "May the Fourth be with you", and I was very surprised. (I thought she mistyped.)
@FayeHazel (16506)
Lol! So its new to you? That's cool :-)
@YrNemo (11181)
@ShifaLk (7497)
Oh yes right... You should write only positive
@FayeHazel (16506)
It's true. There's actually been other stuff I want to write on, but.... not positive.... so I'm holding back
@ShifaLk (7497)
@FayeHazel right choice
I don't like star wars either.
@FayeHazel (16506)
Thank goodness isn't just me :-)
@FayeHazel so very much not just you! lol
@kepweng (11169)
thiers a stars wars movie until Year 2100
@FayeHazel (16506)
lol I think you're right!
• Marion, Kansas
I liked the first one, I think, and maybe the second. Someone mentioned it is a franchise and maybe I just do not like mass marketing in general, when it comes to entertainment.
@FayeHazel (16506)
Ah, that could be it too. To me too it seemed like each subsequent movie was weaker than the one before
@epiffanie (9778)
I never had the chance to watch Star wars.. Yes.. "May the fourth" was all over Facebook ..lol.. .
@FayeHazel (16506)
Ah that's ok, you're not missing much in my opinion
@Teekaaa (5575)
I too have never watched any of the star war movies
@FayeHazel (16506)
That's alright, in my opinion you aren't missing much
And I thought I was the only person who doesn't like star Wars.
@FayeHazel (16506)
There's a surprising amount :-)
@Icydoll (13169)
I don't like star wars my dear friend
@FayeHazel (16506)
Me either :-)
• Trinidad And Tobago
I like the concept it attempted to introduce, but it was not profound. I now just have a vague memory and the immortal words :May the Force be with you. Turns out, that the only thing that made an impact.
@FayeHazel (16506)
Maybe I just expected it to be something different. True, the tagline remains powerful
I never was interested in Star Wars, most-likely because I was adult during the Star-Wars thing.
@FayeHazel (16506)
Ah, you aren't missing much in my opinion
I have never watched any Star Wars movie
@FayeHazel (16506)
In my opinion you aren't missing much