A tick in my underwear

I haven’t been here much I’ve been working outdoors every minute I could on nice days. There’s a guy in town asking for scrap metal. There’s a large portion of the property that things were just dumped over the years. A lot of it was before local garbage pickup came to the area. I figured since he needs metal and I want a less junk yard looking property this is my chance! My dad put the washing machine in the pile but I’ve gathered all the rest. This was taken about 4 days ago and I’ve added a lot to the pile. He will have a full truck load when he comes maybe more then 1 load. One neat object I found was parts to an old Victor wood burning stove. Also while cleaning all this mess I found a large spot where bottles were dumped. Many were broken naturally over the years but someone has been down there smashing them on a boulder. It was very sad to see that and what a huge mess it’s been for me to pick it up and put it in buckets. Probably at least a hundred smashed bottles. Such beautiful colors too like cobalt blue and pretty purple. I did find lots of unbroken bottles. One I am going to sell on eBay. Some my daughter will sell in the yard sale this summer. All the rest I have found people on Facebook interested in collecting them. It makes me happy knowing these people will have these decorating their homes instead of being smashed by whoever is destroying them lately. I walked the puppy today and when we came inside she had 5 ticks on her. None on me but a few hours later when I went to the bathroom I saw one crawling in my underwear eeeekkkk!!!
Eeek is right. We don't have ticks where we live. I better check if they are around here where we are vacationing.
@paigea they are getting worse and worse here every year! New kinds of being discovered as well. It's scary.
@shaggin I know. And I guess it is Wood tick season here in the Rockies. Better do a check after my little walk in the woods
@paigea here they just seem to always be around even when we had snow on the ground I found one crawling on me. I was shocked.
Can pets be totally tick free? I would want mine to be.
• Redlands, California
Baby Powder
@Kandae11 Ticks aren't like fleas he they get on them and breed. They attach to them and burrow their heads in the skin and suck the blood. You have to pull them off and sometimes the head stays behind then you have to dig that out. They are absolutely disgusting! At least none of these attached and as they were crawling on us I picked them off and flushed them down the toilet.
It is a shame to throw nice bottles, I found so many in my mom's apartment. I hate the ticks.
@LadyDuck some had to be so beautiful and would have been loved by collectors so it was really sad to see them all smashed. Ticks are disgusting. There was an engorged one on my puppies head yesterday
@shaggin My cousin also got a tick during a walk yesterday, she had to go to see her doctor.
@LadyDuck We have all had them on us and we never go to the doctor. I'm stubborn that way! Unless we got a rash or got I'll I figured there wasn't really any reason to go. Lyme disease is getting really common here though so I may change my mind this summer. I just feel like as many times as we get bit we would wind up on antibiotics all summer and that doesn't seem good either. My parents and sister and her kids always go and get an antibiotic anytime ticks attach to them.
@cintol (7659)
That is awful, I hate ticks. They say they are here in Texas, I haven't seen any yet and hope I don't, we had them in Colorado when I lived in the mountains I they terrified me. Hope you don't find any more
@cintol they are everywhere here now. They are getting worse and worse every year. I had never even seen one until about 6 years ago and now I see a few every day. There was an engorged one on my puppies head yesterday I need to get a flea and tick collar as well as get her back to the vet to her a Lyme vaccine.
@cintol (7659)
@shaggin Which state are you in?? They say we have chiggers here as well, I haven't had a problem yet. Poor puppy, they told us to get some flea and tick stuff for our pup before we moved here, it was a little tube of liquid stuff we had to rub into his neck. He passed though and I can't remember the name of it.
@cintol hmm could be frontline or something like that. I used that years ago to get rid of fleas someone brought into my cats. This Lyme vaccine is better though. It doesn’t wash off and lasts a year. I’ve in Northeast PA.
Have mercy no way... I would love to know if those things are here in Ny. I
@sharon6345 yes they are in NY but if your in the city I doubt you would have to worry about them. They are mostly in woodsy areas.
@shaggin Bless your heart because that is one place you won't find me.
@sharon6345 lol it is my favorite place to be out in the woods in nature
I found a tick crawling on the wall near Doodles' food bowl. I flushed it. Hope you are getting paid for that scrap metal. It's a lucrative business around here.
@DianneN Nope here it’s not worth much. It’s helping my land look like less of a junk yard and helping the guy out so I’m happy. Usually people who collect scrap here are disabled or very poor. The only thing really worth anything is copper which I only had a few short copper pipes to throw in.
@shaggin Well, I'm happy you have the opportunity to get your yard cleaned up. We have a shed that we need to ditch.
@DianneN It makes me mad there is all this junk to clean up! A lot is stuff my father dumped. I told my mother he dumps it and it drives me nuts and I clean it up. My mom said my father mentioned that to her the last time he was up. If he can buy snowmobiles and a ton of other toys he can afford to dispose of things properly. He lives across the street and always makes sure his land looks nice but here he makes it look like a stinking junk yard
that's great you can help that man with the metal. Ew ticks! Glad you found it before too late!
@Courtlynn usually the people who collect metal around here are very poor or disabled and can't work other jobs so they do this to get a little extra money. I am so happy to be able to help him out. Leaving all the metal would have been a lot less work for me but it is worth it. My late husband used to take metal and return it so I'm surprised he never took all this. He probably didn't want to go down the big steep banks to pick it all up. Copper is the only thing really worth collecting.
@shaggin my grandnothers bf collects and sells it sometimes. But screw him, lol
@Courtlynn lol if I didn't like someone I wouldn't help them out either.
I have never seen a tick, but eek! Glad you got some cleaning done :)
@infatuatedbby I never saw one until about 6 years ago when I had one attached to my arm. Now I see more then one on a daily basis. They are horrible and Lyme disease is becoming an epidemic around here.
@shaggin Oh wow! That is crazy. Any sprays to prevent them ?
@infatuatedbby yep but none seem to help
Those ticks sure are sneaky. Glad to know that some folks would delight in having some of those bottles.
@Corbin5 my daughter wanted to keep two of the pretty blue cobalt blue bottles I found. They aren't in this photo though. I couldn't get the rusted lids off so I had to soak them and oil around the lids edge. After about an hour I was able to twist them off with a rubber gripper. Now just need to clean them up well. I let them soak in water over night so help rinse the inside out.
@shaggin Glad you had a method to get them open. I would not know how get the lids off. I bet the blue bottles will be so pretty.
@Corbin5 I had to look online to find out how to get them off.
@iridion9 (9232)
sounds delicious to me lol
@iridion9 what sounds delicious to you?
@iridion9 (9232)
@shaggin The tick.
@iridion9 ick they are so disgusting!
Fortunately we have no ticks around. But pets here have to have something on them so they don´t get them.
Hmm that confuses me. If there are no ticks there why do they need things on them?
@shaggin In some parts there are ticks and no one wants ticks from stray dogs to reach our pets.
@marguicha oh I see that makes sense then. If the dog run in this area if will spread them. Here deer spread them a lot.
@shaggin That is no fun having a tick on you and sitting on it. That is a great idea to sell on ebay and your daughter having a yard sale. i see you have been very busy.
@Hannihar yes and I am going to be very busy later on today to so I am trying to catch up here now. My son saw the title of my post and wondered why someone would write such a thing like who cares he said lol I told him it was my post!
@shaggin You should be able to write whatever you want.
@sallypup (28055)
• Moses Lake, Washington
The first year we moved into our place we had junk pickers come over. They probably made a few hundred off us. I just wanted the crud out and gone. Sigh on those ticks. We've never had those evil beings but this year I am finding them.
@sallypup I save things to sell on eBay and then I never get around to doing it so then I wind u just donating it. I am going to make it a goal to list this one bottle for sale and it will be the first thing I have sold on eBay in at least 7 years.
@sallypup (28055)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@shaggin Go, you!
Ewwwww glad you found it When you did. Those are some interesting bottles.
@Happy2BeMe I found many more bottles some really neat some boring. I am hoping to get them to some interested people soon.
@shaggin That would be great
Some bottles are awesome. I used to collect them. Actually, I think I have a couple here that I like.
@snowy22315 my daughter wanted to keep two pretty cobalt blue colored bottles. I had to look online for how to get the rusty lids off them.
Ticks really are the pits. I guess you have to inspect the puppy after she has been outside?
@JudyEv yep and since we are outside a lot I have to check her a lot. I need to order tickets collars on Amazon today and get her a vaccine.
@crossbones27 (20779)
• Redlands, California
I so hate ticks, little aholes
@crossbones27 they are so disgusting I hate them too!
@louievill (19359)
You might find some treasures there, who knows, like what the " American pickers" find. I think we are only a second choice to ticks,lol
@louville most the bottles really aren't selling for much at all on eBay so it would be a waste of time for me to try to sell them. One though sold for $25 so I am keeping that in to sell. My daughter liked two of the pretty cobalt blue bottles that I am letting her keep.
Wow, some of those items sounds like something people would be interested in, I hope you money a lot from what you sell. My son took my girls into the woods the other day, but I keep forgetting to check them. I tihnk I would freak out if I found a tick in my underwear, you need to apply something to repel them next time.